• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Moves to Block Significant ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Leaks

ManaByte

Gold Member

Large sections of the highly anticipated film began popping up on YouTube via innocuous Spider-Man searches; the algorithm naturally then suggested similar pirated footage.

The Hollywood Reporter will not reveal the exact nature of the leaks, but they were significant, legitimate spoilers. One such leaked segment was nearly 10 minutes of the film. A lion’s share of the leaks had foreign subtitles while some had a foreign dub. The quality ranged from super grainy to quite clear.

There's a lot of stuff out there leaking from the movie. Sony is swatting the videos almost immediately. They also got an entire Reddit sub nuked.

Thankfully no one stamped the leaked videos with their YouTube show logo.

Last edited:

Doom85

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Having said that, screw Youtubers who name their videos with spoilers in the titles. And I’m sure this could happen with events in this movie, not just who’s in it. I remember some asshole gave his YouTube video about Samurai Jack Season 5 a spoiler name and the episode had just aired and it was randomly in my recommendations. Like, come on, don’t be a jackass.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
East Asia screenleakers all over the place. Same as they were for the last few Marvel movies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Having said that, screw Youtubers who name their videos with spoilers in the titles. And I’m sure this could happen with events in this movie, not just who’s in it. I remember some asshole gave his YouTube video about Samurai Jack Season 5 a spoiler name and the episode had just aired and it was randomly in my recommendations. Like, come on, don’t be a jackass.
Very much this. I was pretty pissed off at a few things that were spoiled by random recommendations where no only was the video image a spoiler, so was the title.

I was on youtube, and there were like 5 videos of scenes of the movie spoiling things. I do not mind spoilers and but I wasn't looking for them either.

Although I do love the internet, it has also successfully ruined so many things. It’s hard to not even accidentally come across spoilers for things, the only exception is just not going on the internet at all, which is something that just doesn’t happen these days. Nothing is surprising anymore….TMZ is terrible, but, I did follow it for particular reasons and, although I haven’t watched the new incarnation of Sex and the City, they straight up, day of, gave away a huge spoiler right in the title with a picture with no shame. I don’t doubt they’d be all over this movie doing the same. I’ve since unfollowed the page, but, there’s always gonna be more out there to ruin things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom