• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Officially Launches the 'InZone M3' Gaming Monitor for $529

https://www.gizmochina.com/2023/01/03/sony-launches-inzone-m3-gaming-monitor-released-for-529/
Months after the $899 InZone M9 gaming monitor debuted, Sony‘s InZone 1080p variant is now available. It is the same, however, it doesn’t have full-array local dimming and runs at a lower resolution. With a similar 27-inch size and a white-on-black look akin to the PS5, the InZone M3 launches for $529 and is currently in stock. This display completes Sony’s remarkable year of producing technology that appeals to consumers other than die-hard PlayStation enthusiasts.

Even though this 1080p monitor is priced in line with QHD monitors, the M3 still has advantages over other comparable-sized models. It has a 240Hz refresh rate, auto low latency mode, and variable refresh rate for Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and PCs (with G-Sync compatibility). It supports multiple device connections over HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort, and USB-C. You may control two PCs using the same mouse and keyboard thanks to its automatic KVM switch. It also supports a wall mount and monitors arms.
image-9.png

Looks like it came down in price overtime, the pre-order thread for the UK awhile back was 699 euro, so the official release at $529 makes it quite a bit cheaper.

However, I still think even with it's lower price than expected and features, it's still a tad overpriced for a 1080p display. But at least people won't have to pay as high of a price as they expected, and you do get a durable brand.

Fahdis

I cannot tell the difference between 1080p and 4K. I can however tell the difference between 60hz and 240hz and would rather invest in speed over pixels. I’m the insane person that would buy this monitor. 🤡

You need to get your eyes checked because 1080 > 4K is a huge difference. Same for 60 > 120 Fps. Anything at 8K to 240 Hz is a scam because its diminishing returns.

njean777

I don't understand how this monitor is not 1440p for that price tag. I have a 400$ Asus Tuf that is 1440p/ 27in/ 120hz that I bought a year or so ago... and works with the ps5.

DinoD

So the target consumer is a person that buys a $250 console and then proceeds to buy a $530 monitor for it.

Sounds about right.
I know this may sound ridiculous, but it's within the similar ratio people with X or PS5 spend on TV/Monitor. :D

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I cannot tell the difference between 1080p and 4K. I can however tell the difference between 60hz and 240hz and would rather invest in speed over pixels. I’m the insane person that would buy this monitor. 🤡

If you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 1440p on a 27 inch monitor then....

...I mean if you accept it, that's fine but you gotta be able to see it.

I can see that 1440p isn't absolutely ideal for my 32 inch monitor but it looks good enough for me and is 240hz and was cheaper than this monitor so.....yeah....and it has hdmi 2.1 etc so I was happy with that. But I can see it, and accept it.

drotahorror

Still overpriced as fuck.

There are enough LCD in the market from 1080p-4k, 27"-32", 120-240hz monitors out there. Really people need to stop if those are your baseline specs. No one cares about HDR 400 or 600. People want 27"+ 1440p+, OLED+, 1000+ nits. Yes LG is finally doing it, it's pricey but definitely the step the monitor game needs to shift to.

Tams

Lower resolution I get even if 27" really is the max that it looks good at for a monitor (and that's pushing it).

But no full-array local dimming? I get that it has good response times, etc. but for that price full-array local dimming was the only thing really justifying it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Human eyes can’t see the difference between native 1080p and 4k on that size.
4k showing 1080p is crap. But this is fine!
What a steal🤠

240fps is needed tho

pasterpl

They have got 4k@144Hz version of this monitor as well, priced it only at £999, that Sony pricing you have to love them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XMRWKVJ/

Other 1080p monitors with same/similar parameters are less than half price vs Sony one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=240hz+monitor+vrr&crid=37P9OIHU8THSQ&sprefix=240hz+monitor+vrr,aps,104&ref=nb_sb_noss

You can buy other brand monitor with the same parameters + Xbox series s + gamepass for 3 months for the price of that 1080p Sony model created /s

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
They have got 4k@144Hz version of this monitor as well, priced it only at £999, that Sony pricing you have to love them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XMRWKVJ/

Other 1080p monitors with same/similar parameters are less than half price vs Sony one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=240hz+monitor+vrr&crid=37P9OIHU8THSQ&sprefix=240hz+monitor+vrr,aps,104&ref=nb_sb_noss

You can buy other brand monitor with the same parameters + Xbox series s + gamepass for 3 months for the price of that 1080p Sony model created /s

Looking carefully, so far other monitors aren’t really same specd, like no HDMI2.1 or HDR in that price range.

octiny

Banned
I assume for those who play PC MP/eSports games and want 240Hz/fps and VRR to get the shortest display lag possible. And to reach these framerates these players need to put resolution down at 1080p.

I mean you can already get that & more for less (360hz+, 540hz launching soon) & two you can already get 240+ fps on low settings (what e-sport players game with) w/ ease in almost all popular E-Sport titles @ 1440P. Many have moved over to that resolution simply due to the fact it's clearer & easier to see in the distance.

No REAL E-Sport gamers I know even use 27" @ 1080P, the pixel density is atrocious. 24" is the gold standard e-sport size unless it's 1440P (27").

Honestly not sure who this monitor is even for in 2023, let alone at that price. Just pick up a 24" Asus 360hz & save almost $250 to put towards an even better GPU/CPU. You know it's a bad deal when even Alienware models w/ better specs are priced cheaper.

This thing is DOA outside of extremely hardcore Sony fans & even that's pushing it. They are years late to the show but w/ the same pricing as back then.

Looking carefully, so far other monitors aren’t really same specd, like no HDMI2.1 or HDR in that price range.

HDMI 2.1 is not needed at that FPS/RES (DP 1.4), 2nd the HDR is useless at that price range w/o FALD & certainly if someone cares about HDR they certainly aren't going to buy a monitor w/ the piss poor pixel density of 1080p @ 27".

Last edited:
Top Bottom