• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony opens EU pre-orders for their new INZONE M3 PC gaming monitor. £699.00, 1080p, 27in", G-synch, 240Hz, features for PlayStation 5.

17 Nov, 2022
The M3 is part of Sony’s new gaming line offering an immersive experience to help lead gamers to victory
Sony Europe B.V. today announced the European availability window for its INZONE™ M3 gaming monitor, with select countries taking pre-orders now. This new gaming gear brand embraces Sony’s expertise as a pioneer of audio-visual technology, delivering features that will immerse gamers into the action with total focus. Designed for extraordinary performance, INZONE allows you to dive into an immersive zone, leading to a victorious ending.
Super-smooth vibrant action
The new INZONE M3 gaming monitor with HDR offers Full HD resolution and a high refresh rate of 240Hz with 1ms GtG (Gray to Gray) and variable refresh rate technologies, allowing gamers to accurately capture movements of rivals in shooter games. With over 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum, the INZONE M3 monitor fills your game with a wide range of rich, vibrant colours. More shades and hues make scenes extremely realistic for dramatic, immersive gaming.
Designed to fit for unique playing styles
The unique, low depth tripod stand provides total gaming comfort while optimising desk space for peripherals. With a small monitor footprint, players can easily position an angled keyboard and large gaming mouse pad around or under the display. Other features include adjustable height and tilt and cable management for a clean desktop.
Utilities for gameplay
Featuring Auto KVM Switch (Auto USB Hub Switch), users can control up to two PCs from a single keyboard, mouse and headset connected to the monitor. With FPS Game Picture Mode, brightness and contrast are optimised to view opponents clearly. Additionally, the Black Equalizer feature allows for uncovering details even in shadows.
Perfect for PlayStation®5
The INZONE M3 monitor provides Auto HDR Tone Mapping, which works with PlayStation®5 consoles to automatically recognise the monitor during initial setup and optimise HDR settings. Additionally, the monitor will automatically switch to Cinema Mode when watching movies on PlayStation®5 and Game Mode when playing games.
INZONE Hub PC software: personalise your gameplay
Sony’s INZONE Hub PC software[1] was created to control INZONE monitors and headsets, allowing users to personalise experiences by customising a wide range of operations, including a variety of sound and picture settings.
bc6e7f75a374f18d5a764effb3f90404

2c71498df6bc0e0186b4d210c6efdbb5

36ef166569756a941d76352625bdbffb

f809b2713d88b6d351787883be3403a8

98fcfa9908aadaae992d41b21768cd89

6a1408f08e5a2725fd21c4afad2ed1c7

FEATURES​

Image of 6 staggered screens showing spaceship in a futuristic city above and 24 staggered screens showing spaceship in a futuristic city below highlighting benefit of 240Hz refresh rate

240Hz refresh rate​

React faster than your opponents. With a refresh rate of up to 240Hz, you'll gain that vital split-second advantage that helps you track rivals precisely and shoot first. Action is super smooth in Full HD so you see what’s happening the moment it happens. 2
Dual screen image of spaceship flying over city with image on left showing ghosting and image on right showing enhanced clarity

IPS 1ms GtG​

Perform at a whole new level on an IPS display with ultra fast 1ms GtG response speed. Less ghosting and blur allows you to see what’s happening with absolute clarity so you can make lightning fast decisions and react immediately.
Dual screen image of spaceship flying through city with image on left showing screen tearing and image on right showing no screen tearing

NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible​

By adjusting the display refresh rate dynamically to match the variable frame rates of gaming devices, the INZONE M3 monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible and HDMI 2.1 Variable Refresh Rate virtually eliminates screen tearing, stuttering and delay for smoother, more fluid gameplay.3
Split image showing how frames can 'stutter' without VRR mode on one side and how they remain clear on the other

Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)​

With a Variable Refresh Rate in HDMI 2.1, our gaming monitor avoids stuttering delays and screen tearing. It dynamically adjusts the display refresh rate to match the variable frame rates of the gaming device for smoother gameplay.45
Logo of DisplayHDR™ 400 Certified

DisplayHDR™ 400 Certified​

See a broader range of colours, darker shadows and brighter highlights. With DisplayHDR™ 400, INZONE M3 reproduces scenes in vivid shades with rich accurate contrast and high peak brightness of 400 nits for more immersive and atmospheric gaming.
INZONE M3 on stand with screenshot of futuristic city showing vibrant colours

Wide range of colours​

With over 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum, the INZONE M3 monitor fills your game with a wide range of rich, vibrant colours. More shades and hues make scenes extremely realistic for dramatic, immersive gaming
Split screen image of a robot in a futuristic city with image above showing optimised brightness and contrast of FPS Game Picture Mode

FPS Game Picture Mode​

Optimise brightness and contrast so you can see rivals clearly.
Split screen image of a robot in a futuristic city with image above showing how Black Equalizer gives extra detail in darkness

Black Equalizer​

Uncover detail in shadow and spot rivals hiding in the dark.
Split screen of a driving game showing the difference with Auto HDR Tone Mapping on and off

Auto HDR Tone Mapping​

Your PS5™ consoles automatically recognise INZONE gaming monitors during initial setup and optimise HDR settings. Even in high contrast scenes, you’ll see crucial details and colours in the brightest and darkest parts of the screen.678
Two BRAVIA TV screens with a PS5™ in the middle, the left screen showing driving game in Game Mode, the right screen showing movie in Cinema Mode

Auto Genre Picture Mode​

INZONE gaming monitors optimise the performance of games and movies on PS5™ consoles, automatically switching to Cinema Mode when watching movies for expressive scenes and Game 1 Mode when playing games.69
Top shot of INZONE M3 showing multiple positioning of keyboard and mouse mat

Integrated with your gear​

Easily position an angled keyboard and large gaming mouse pad around or under the display. With a small monitor footprint, you’ll have more desktop space.
Side shot of INZONE M3 showing adjustable height and tilt of display

Adjustable height and tilt​

Change the height and tilt of the display to get the best view of your gaming worlds and the competition.
Rear shot of INZONE M3 showing cable management within centre pillar

Cable management​

Hide the power and signal cables within the centre pillar to keep your desktop clean and neat. Place your gaming gear freely without the distraction of cables and stay focused on your gaming.
Diagram showing INZONE M3 in middle, PC to left, laptop to right and keyboard and mouse below

Auto KVM Switch​

Enjoy instant gaming without having to change cables after finishing your work. With the Auto KVM Switch (Auto USB Hub Switch), you can control up to two PCs from a single keyboard, mouse and headset connected to the monitor.
INZONE M3 on stand with screenshot of monitor settings menu using PC software

PC software control​

Quickly and easily adjust monitor settings with just a few clicks of the mouse using the PC Software. As well as tweaking settings, you can also assign specific picture mode and sound profiles of the headset to individual PC applications and games.10

Resolution and price aside, this is a jam-packed gaming monitor with a lot of slick features, G-synch, and a high refresh rate. Sony is definitely putting some elbow grease in these new hardware releases, and there are also features included to specifically support the PlayStation 5.

So if you have a 1080P TV without much in the way of features then this could be an option for you if you don't mind the cost, which converts to USD at $831 from £699.00.

Between the build and specs of monitors like this with PC, and the new Xperia Gaming Edition phone, Sony is making good first steps to expanding gaming beyond the boundaries of gaming consoles. We still haven't seen what they plan to do with that mobile game developer they brought out, but on the PC we have already seen them bring over top games, and I suspect that they will eventually push for more investment in the PC side in terms of original releases, and accelerating software support with maybe one-day simultaneous releases for some titles.

The one thing about this I find odd about this is Sony doesn't seem to be considering adding PSVR2 capability to these monitors when they launch. Yes, you can use your PS5 with it, but if Sony wanted to make PSVR2 compatible with PC and not just PS5 this would have been the way to push it, including support for it in their monitors. Unfortunately, this pretty much proves PSVR2 won't be PC compatible, but I guess that isn't much of a surprise either,

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

FEATURES​

Resolution and price aside, this is a jam-packed gaming monitor with a lot of slick features, G-synch, and a high refresh rate. Sony is definitely putting some elbow grease in these new hardware releases, and there are also features included to specifically support the PlayStation 5.

So if you have a 1080P TV without much in the way of features then this could be an option for you if you don't mind the cost, which converts to USD at $831 from £699.00.

Between the build and specs of monitors like this with PC, and the new Xperia Gaming Edition phone, Sony is making good first steps to expanding gaming beyond the boundaries of gaming consoles. We still haven't seen what they plan to do with that mobile game developer they brought out, but on the PC we have already seen them bring over top games, and I suspect that they will eventually push for more investment in the PC side in terms of original releases, and accelerating software support with maybe one-day simultaneous releases for some titles.

The one thing about this I find odd about this is Sony doesn't seem to be considering adding PSVR2 capability to these monitors when they launch. Yes, you can use your PS5 with it, but if Sony wanted to make PSVR2 compatible with PC and not just PS5 this would have been the way to push it, including support for it in their monitors. Unfortunately, this pretty much proves PSVR2 won't be PC compatible, but I guess that isn't much of a surprise either,
Sony is busy the fact that they can run a video game market and monitors is respectable.

Sony is busy the fact that they can run a video game market and monitors is respectable.

Did you forget Sony is a big corporations with multiple arms working together?

This is like saying Apple is busy, the fact they can run a video game mobile store and work on VR while selling iPhone is respectable, lol. This is nothing for Sony.

drotahorror

Easily the worst value for any monitor I've ever heard of.

1080p 240hz hdr400 (LOL) $800 USD

Oh and it's ips or va. No doubt you can find similar or better spec'd monitors for half the price. No one's gonna buy this piece of shit unless they're an idiot with more money than sense.

Easily the worst value for any monitor I've ever heard of.

1080p 240hz hdr400 (LOL) $800 USD

Oh and it's ips or va. No doubt you can find similar or better spec'd monitors for half the price. No one's gonna buy this piece of shit unless they're an idiot with more money than sense.
HDR 400???
CavIyvS.gif

FEATURES​

Hopefully ps5 pro has 240h support with hdmi 2.2

Hip Hop

I'm looking for a new monitor

I'm rocking the first Asus 144hz 1080p TN panel still since 2013.

In 2022, is there a monitor that has all the bells and whistles and its just a great all rounder for PC gaming today. I got so out of the loop with PC but want to come back to it.

Filben

lol
300 EUR tops for those features. FullHD IPS...

For just 300-400 more you get a 3440x1440 OLED monitor that is also 21:9.

Sentenza

I just bought a 1080p monitor recently.
It was 100 bucks and I use it as a SIDE MONITOR paired with my main one. Mostly to watch videos or browse shit while I'm gaming on the other.

I'm not paying premium price for ANY 1080 monitor, no matter the quality. Which doesn't even seem to be particularly impressive here.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is about 2-3 times the price of what rival monitors are selling for. Also 27 inch @ 1080p is pretty yuck, should have made it 24.

tommib

This is about 2-3 times the price of what rival monitors are selling for. Also 27 inch @ 1080p is pretty yuck, should have made it 24.
As someone who works daily on a 1080p 27 inch monitor, I agree. Resolution is too low for that big of a screen.

jm89

You can get a decent 4k 32 inch for that price.

Quite a few are coming down in price, and more oled monitors arriving next year.

I remember years ago being able to go inside a Wiz store and getting excited by Sony branded products ie CD players, sound systems, TVs ect. I would of never imagine the Sony brand becoming straight fucking trash in the future, that’s crazy to me.

Well, tbh it's not a scam, and though we're talking about a 27" 1080p it is G-sync compatible and 240hz refresh rate, so yes, 699 quids for the monitor might be a bit steep, but I don't think anyone will find a monitor like that for 200-300$

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well, tbh it's not a scam, and though we're talking about a 27" 1080p it is G-sync compatible and 240hz refresh rate, so yes, 699 quids for the monitor might be a bit steep, but I don't think anyone will find a monitor like that for 200-300$
Alienware 25 inch Gaming Monitor: AW2521HFLA 1920x1080 pixels 240Hz Freesync/Gsync - £238.99 @ Dell

Dell Alienware AW2521HFA 25" Gaming Monitor FHD IPS 240Hz 1ms NVIDIA G-Sync (open - never used) - £180 with code @ fyldirect / ebay

From the past month.

Ellery

Sony my man you soon have no room up your ass with those prices the dualsense edge already was hard to fit.

This is ridiculous I paid less for a much better 27'' IPS 144hz Freesync 1440p monitor in 2015.

2015 was 7 years ago going by napkin math. In 2022 I can buy a 4K OLED HDR LG gigachad 42'' for that price.

rofif

Banned
The 4k monitor they have is pretty good.
This one? why

The first 240hz monitor I had was a filthy TN but it was like 400$... in 2018 or so and it was like newest tech. first 240hz monitor

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1080@240 HDR400 27" - 800 dollars.

Hahahaha are they getting pricing advice from Nvidia?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone playing 1080@240hz already has a monitor like this for their competitive FPS. Who the fuck is this for?

These monitors are a bad deal any way your look at it. Could get a 42” LG C2 OLED on sale for these prices and it’s a much better display. Sony is clearly targeting gamers that have money to burn but don’t know anything.

drotahorror

Well that wasn't hard:

That's just a couple. I'm sure you can find any brand you want for that price.

You act like having a monitor that's gsync compatible, 1080p/27" @ 240hz is some mythical creature. They're a dime a dozen.

1440p, OLED, HDR1000, 144/120hz, 27" for less than a grand? Get at me.

Last edited:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Unfortunately, this pretty much proves PSVR2 won't be PC compatible, but I guess that isn't much of a surprise either,
I wouldn't say it confirms it - the smart move for Sony could very well be to launch without PC support, give native library a chance to show-off, and add it later.
It's an added incentive for people to buy sure - but early adopters are there for PSVR2 content - so work with that first. And besides - it worked for Oculus - so why not here. ;P

Top Bottom