• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Partner Deviation Games to Enter Full Production on PS5 Game in 2022

S0ULZB0URNE

Sony not having a next gen game in 2022 is extremely weird. This means Sony will be going around two years without a next gen game after dropping 3 within the first 7 month's of launch.
Very disappointing.

Anyways... not sure who this team is?

EDMIX

So, Never heard of them and went to their page and all i can say:

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Agreed. I generally worry more about this stuff, but for Sony to even back this tells me they must see something to give them a chance, keep in mind this is made up of former Treyarch developers, how much....I'm not really sure lol All I know is that its made up of some of them and its some FPS thing, so maybe Sony wants this to be their online thing as they stated they wanted more of that, maybe its Killzone reboot or Resistance reboot, but i'm sure it was confirmed a new IP though.

So former Call Of Duty developers have made some amazing stuff all over the industry and this very well could be another one. I'm less worried for this one.

Kokoloko85

Expecting them to show their entire game roadmap the first year the console is out is unrealistic in my opinion.
We got 2 announcements all year. Wouldn’t you want more? Not their entire roadmap but a couple more exclusives and first party games would be great

Last edited:
We got 2 announcements all year. Wouldn’t you want more? Not their entire roadmap but a couple more exclusives and first party games would be great
Probably because they're not in the state to be shown in yet? I remember everyone's reaction to God of War Ragnorak trailer being just a logo and it was a mixed reaction to me.

EDMIX

Look...I'd want more, but Sony themselves made it clear they are no longer just doing really early reveals. I feel its cause things clearly can change and gamers can assume one thing or the next and it might mess up the flow of the team doing theses builds that are just concept stuff.

So I want more, but sir...2022 isn't even here yet and they have a lot of games coming really, really soon.

Horizon 2 in Feb, GT7 Mar, Forespoken May, Stray, Little Devil Inside, God Of War, FFXVI (massive maybe) and I know I'm missing many.

I think they want those early titles to come out like GT7 and Horizon before they start marketing God Of War and then near its release you'll see more on Spiderman 2 and what ever reveal they have for 2023 or something, but I expect Sony to reveal in ball park 2 year cycles. They are already stacked and I see no reason for a roadmap deeper then 2023 as we already have a few that are set for 2023 anyway... like KOTOR remake, Wolverine. I think they want it to be a loose roadmap, but not this long list with years in advance man.

Stop.

Sony didn't even do that in the past to even make it sound like it was expected or something. We'll see more on what will come out later, as they push other games out as that generally is what they do anyway.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Whatever it is it can’t be worse than Destruction Allstars or Godfall. Two absolute “exclusive” stinkers.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Sonys has been aquiring studios that consist of about 100 devs. Which would suggest returnal size and scale. Good news, I dont think only TLOU2, GOW mega blockbuster are really viable, especially when Microsoft will soon be putting out more games then ever (no platform has ever had 25 studios)

Edder1

It’s scheduled for next year, and is PS5 exclusive.
Who said that, Hassan? Lol, the guy has been the most unreliable troll thus far. Personally I think this is a Silent Hill or another AAA game that's funded by Sony, which would probably mean it's at least a 2023 game with 2022 reveal.

Last edited:

Edder1

Very disappointing.

Anyways... not sure who this team is?
It's a studio comprised of FPS veterans. I'm thinking it's something multiplayer related since they talk about doing something different in the genre (that usually means multiplayer). Maybe there'll be a single player campaign too, hopefully.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Full production from 2022…. That means we wont see it for ages probably end of the PS5 life cycle

Maybe, although company definitions of "full production" has some room for flux? I remember we got into this with one of the Xbox games, where they showed the teaser trailer but then a year later announced it was just starting to enter in early pre-production but then also said that Phil Spencer had played the game... some of us were like, "WTF, full production??", and others were saying, "Yay, full production!!" It was just so confusing to figure out if the game was barely started, or if it was halfway done in skeleton form and now needed all the meat to attach, or if it had gotten to a vertical slice of proven concept and was done in small-scale and ready to blow up, or if everybody was just talking and none of it meant anything to anybody outside of the studio and the financier. So, this may be that again (hopefully?)

Deviation founded in Nov 2019 and hooked up with Sony in June 2021 (and they had already been working on the project before the Sony acquisition for over a year, sounds like basically they formed and one of their earliest pitch projects, if not the project idea they came together for in the first place, was the jackpot to move on fast and get them picked up.) So maybe they have a head of steam on them to be ready for "full production" and it'll be done sooner than we expect. Or, it's just now starting in "full production", and we shouldn't hold our breath...

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Who said that, Hassan? Lol, the guy has been the most unreliable troll thus far. Personally I think this is a Silent Hill or another AAA game that's funded by Sony, which would probably mean it's at least a 2023 game with 2022 reveal.
The faq on their website says it.

reksveks

I like it when sony spends money on buying some studios. Hopefully the game comes to PC as well.
Don't think a ps5 only MP fps game is a viable game so assuming so. The price is what is going to be interesting. Can you release a 70 usd MP fps game in 2023 without being call of duty?

Top Bottom