• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PC Storefront makes too much sense

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If Microsoft couldn't make it work and they own Windows then good luck for Sony.

They would be competing directly with epic who they are bum chums with on epic store etc and you practically have no chance if you aren't steam.

It just doesn't seem feasible to me.

Why create friction with PC gamers who you are trying to win over?

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Constants drop of quality titles will bring a userbase which is what sony have proven, ms pc oriented means jack shit when they've had lacklustre releases for years as admitted by phil spencer many times.
A pc oriented games like MS have a long term support, compared to a single player games, which are done after you finish it.
I am not bashing Sony games here, but aside of Spiderman, which can be kept alive longer with mods, I don't see how other games can keep PC gamers.

Shooter games and RPG are the most played games on PC. Games like gtav with online mode, minecraft with crafting mode, sea of theives with constant updates, bethesda games with modding, halo with community matches.

These are what makes pc oriented games last longer. Not that high quality consoles games, which you talk alot.

If your games doesn't have a long term support, or modding support, it won't have enough userbase retention.

This is such a silly take, you want sony to follow epics strategy which failed badly? No they don't need to follow epic, just because you have a one minded way of thinking how they can be successful on pc.
Epic way is investing on the platforms, in hope of getting alot userbase. Its working out slowly.
Sony 1st party isnt enough. They have no presence in pc world. Unless they do some serious investment, they won't attract alot of userbase, which is the key of having a sustainable launcher.

Sony aren't exactly releasing a game and calling it a day are they? They have proven they can release a steady stream of games and they have the most ips in development then they ever had and a lot of those will come to pc.
What type of games? Do they have rpg games, which can utilize modding Aside of Spiderman? Do they have shooter games, aside of bungie? Even EA has more pc oriented games than Sony.

They have multiple gaas games in development alongside their single player releases, assuming the gaas games workout they can improve on their user engagement.
That could be their start. Build those games slowly, and try to build a launcher for them. Until then, it's hard with their current output, and type of games they have.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
200 million people on EGS since 2018 suggests otherwise, but sure go on tell me how much you know about the market based on your own biases.

200 million accounts collecting free games, you mean.
The data showing how much people actually spend on EGS shows it is very small. Now that they’ve done away with the coupons, it’s only going to worsen for them.
PC gamers by and large have rejected the EGS, despite Epic giving away well over 100 free games in an effort to buy marketshare.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I own all platforms. How much has it cost EGS to get to that point?
From 2019 to 2021, 454 million dollars, and that's not counting 2022.
Another thing Sony should do is look heavily into Mac support with their 1st party titles
Yeah because people buy a mac to play games.
But hey, I could totally be wrong
Now we're getting somewhere.
The only thing PC gamers want from Sony with PSN linking is cross saves and trophies.
What?
That's the only thing playstation players that also has a PC wants.

Battle.net and Rockstar Games Launcher both have a minimum catalogue yet mandatory for PC users. I guess it helps they have two massive multiplayer franchises which Sony doesn't really have yet.
You can buy gta on steam, and the only reason Blizzard can do it is because of World of Warcraft, but even Acti Blizzard are launching games on steam now, just look at MWII

Some people are so far up Sony's ass that they'd rather have games exclusively locked on a store controlled by a company notorious for overpricing, locking features behind paywalls and not giving an easy path for refunds. All that because "SoNy eXcLuSiVEs aRe tHe BeSt!", "TrOpHieS aRe BetTEr!", "MaH PoOr faVoRitE CoMpAnY nEeDS mORe MoNeY!"

nlkXjv8.png

"WTH am I reading?"

Its more to do that people got to make a living, if its posting online on forums so be it.

Also the suggestisons hat they should buy GOG no, its the only storefront with DRM free games, and that would be certain to change if they bought it. The ability to truly backup your games and play offline is great

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

No, it does not. Sony on PC is a third party developer, limit their games to one platform is just rejecting sales, it's not the same thing as in consoles as Sony is trying to sell PS5s. If it's already on PC, why limit the sales?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Constants drop of quality titles will bring a userbase which is what sony have proven, ms pc oriented means jack shit when they've had lacklustre releases for years as admitted by phil spencer many times.
look the sony games on PC sell well but they're not top charters like CSGO or TF2 and they're surely not going to get PC gamers onto another storefront when the massive amount of storefronts is already becoming a problem in the PC gaming space.
I think you overestimate the pull that sony exclusives have, Epic even with Fortnite which is currently the biggest, most popular game in the world still couldn't pull more users on their storefront than Steam, and that game is literally free. Sony's going to be selling 70 dollar video games on their storefront and none of their games have reached Fortnite levels of popularity yet. How the fuck is this gonna bring over anyone?

i know i wouldn't want sony to make another storefront

Reizo Ryuu

No new storefront has ever competed with Steam, because they have never looked at what Steam does for its customers. They just open crappy stores with limited features and expect people to flock to it.
This is actually not true, steam was hot garbage for a long time, it was so bad there are still meme gifs of it, there just weren't any other options.
It wasn't until the launch of other storefronts that steam started really improving.
Steam didn't have refunds, it didn't have custom install locations, it didn't have download throttling, it didn't have pre-loads (and pre-loads are still trash now), and more; it took all those features from uplay and origin.
Steam's real strength nowadays lies in the community features, which is really the only thing no other launcher has.

I honestly think it's hilarious how the mindset around steam went from being a piece of shit that nobody really wanted to deal with, to immaculate perfection, simply because there were no other options 😂

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
This is actually not true, steam was hot garbage for a long time, it was so bad there are still meme gifs of it, there just weren't any other options.
It wasn't until the launch of other storefronts that steam started really improving.
Steam didn't have refunds, it didn't have custom install locations, it didn't have download throttling, it didn't have pre-loads (and pre-loads are still trash now), and more; it took all those features from uplay and origin.
Steam's real strength nowadays lies in the community features, which is really the only thing no other launcher has.

I honestly think it's hilarious how the mindset around steam went from being a piece of shit that nobody really wanted to deal with, to immaculate perfection, simply because there were no other options 😂
i didnt start using steam until 2017, the fact it was widely considered shit for a while is crazy to me LOL

JCK75

If you want to sell games on PC you put them on Steam.. this is a lesson third parties are finally learning.
Sony has given amazing support for steam, steamOS and it's unique features..
Sony is already doing it right.. making their own store would fuck this up.

jm89

look the sony games on PC sell well but they're not top charters like CSGO or TF2 and they're surely not going to get PC gamers onto another storefront when the massive amount of storefronts is already becoming a problem in the PC gaming space.
I think you overestimate the pull that sony exclusives have, Epic even with Fortnite which is currently the biggest, most popular game in the world still couldn't pull more users on their storefront than Steam, and that game is literally free. Sony's going to be selling 70 dollar video games on their storefront and none of their games have reached Fortnite levels of popularity yet. How the fuck is this gonna bring over anyone?

i know i wouldn't want sony to make another storefront
Like I said before they don't need to compete with steam and do what these other pc storefronts where doing. Right now pc is a supplementary to psn for sony, they just need a userbase buying there stuff enough for it to be worth it, don't need steam levels userbase.

Now obviously that might change, and they may decide oh we want to compete, then we have a diffrent conversation on if they can really do that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You mean another launcher? I disagree when Steam exists. Account linking is fine but less clutter and bloat is good for me on PC.

The more I think about the more annoyed I get. Son of a bitch

Last edited:

daninthemix

Nope.

Honestly, Sony releasing games on PC has probably generated more forum threads than just about anything else.

Love that they are so disruptive.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Yeah I'm not really sure you can call someone out for fanboyism when you just pointed out you won't even consider buying a game that isn't on your favourite store. And that the mere idea of another company trying to challenge their monopoly shouldn't be entertained.

That's not at all what I said. What I said is that every storefront after Steam has failed because all of the storefronts think that they have the leverage and so they don't put in the effort required to make the storefront awesome. If someone makes a storefront to rival Steam, not with exclusivity agreements, but with features that PC gamers want from a storefront, that's awesome. Sony isn't going to be the one to make that happen because the cost to make a storefront to rival Steam is exorbitant. No storefront has put forth the cash and effort needed to make a storefront awesome, and since PC is a secondary market for Sony it is virtually a guarantee that they would follow in their failed predecessor's footsteps.

Additionally, it would be one thing for Sony to add their storefront to PC, but it's another thing entirely to make their games exclusive to their storefront. That didn't work for E.A. or Ubisoft, and it won't work for Sony. We don't like exclusivity agreements mucking up our platform. That's why so many people hate Epic Games Store. They have a storefront that is nowhere near as feature-rich as Steam, and they try to pull people away from Steam with exclusivity deals instead of by having an open platform that competes with Steam in terms of features.

Sony might have gotten more money selling their games on Steam but they won't get any 3rd party revenue. You steam fanboys might not switch but net new users might go with what's cheapest and Sony can certainly undercut Steam prices with lower royalties/leveraged royalties.

Microsoft doesn't have the userbase it does on consoles to leverage royalties to the same degree as Sony. Their operating system did not give them much leverage to consumers either.

And again, I don't think you understand that Sony doesn't have to outdo Steam's revenue for their own storefront to make sense financially.

And again, they would lose business. The bulk of PC gamers aren't going to flock to Sony's storefront when they're butchering the PC platform by adding another Epic Games Store clone that is engaging in exclusivity agreements. The ONLY reason that Valve hasn't pushed back against Epic is because Gabe Newell has stated that he hates exclusivity agreements. If you add another big-name corporation into the mix trying to get more games to be exclusive then eventually Valve is going to push back. And since Valve has a consumer base that far dwarfs Sony (in the PC market at least), Valve will come away the victor from that battle.

TL;DR - You don't seem to know what you're suggesting, and you don't seem to know enough about Valve or Sony if you think that this is a good idea.

I never stated that Steam is where its at with no external pressure. Competition generally forces advancement. My point is that all of the Steam competitors suck because while Steam is adding additional features to improve their product, other storefronts are not. No other storefront has attempted to compete with Steam in overall features. Sure, maybe they did one or two things right that Steam didn't, but Valve did a whole lot right before Epic Games Store (just as an example) even existed. When Epic Games Store came along Valve didn't say, "I'm the best so I'll do nothing." They made changes so that their competitor didn't have a leg up on them.

By contrast, Epic Games Store is inferior to Steam in so many ways that it boggles the mind. Epic Games has a net worth that is four times larger than Valve's net worth, but instead of using their resources to higher people to improve their storefront they rely on exclusivity agreements and keep a sub-par storefront. Resources aren't lacking, they just don't want to put in the effort.

feynoob

Banned
That's not at all what I said. What I said is that every storefront after Steam has failed because all of the storefronts think that they have the leverage and so they don't put in the effort required to make the storefront awesome. If someone makes a storefront to rival Steam, not with exclusivity agreements, but with features that PC gamers want from a storefront, that's awesome. Sony isn't going to be the one to make that happen because the cost to make a storefront to rival Steam is exorbitant. No storefront has put forth the cash and effort needed to make a storefront awesome, and since PC is a secondary market for Sony it is virtually a guarantee that they would follow in their failed predecessor's footsteps.

Additionally, it would be one thing for Sony to add their storefront to PC, but it's another thing entirely to make their games exclusive to their storefront. That didn't work for E.A. or Ubisoft, and it won't work for Sony. We don't like exclusivity agreements mucking up our platform. That's why so many people hate Epic Games Store. They have a storefront that is nowhere near as feature-rich as Steam, and they try to pull people away from Steam with exclusivity deals instead of by having an open platform that competes with Steam in terms of features.

And again, they would lose business. The bulk of PC gamers aren't going to flock to Sony's storefront when they're butchering the PC platform by adding another Epic Games Store clone that is engaging in exclusivity agreements. The ONLY reason that Valve hasn't pushed back against Epic is because Gabe Newell has stated that he hates exclusivity agreements. If you add another big-name corporation into the mix trying to get more games to be exclusive then eventually Valve is going to push back. And since Valve has a consumer base that far dwarfs Sony (in the PC market at least), Valve will come away the victor from that battle.

TL;DR - You don't seem to know what you're suggesting, and you don't seem to know enough about Valve or Sony if you think that this is a good idea.

I never stated that Steam is where its at with no external pressure. Competition generally forces advancement. My point is that all of the Steam competitors suck because while Steam is adding additional features to improve their product, other storefronts are not. No other storefront has attempted to compete with Steam in overall features. Sure, maybe they did one or two things right that Steam didn't, but Valve did a whole lot right before Epic Games Store (just as an example) even existed. When Epic Games Store came along Valve didn't say, "I'm the best so I'll do nothing." They made changes so that their competitor didn't have a leg up on them.

By contrast, Epic Games Store is inferior to Steam in so many ways that it boggles the mind. Epic Games has a net worth that is four times larger than Valve's net worth, but instead of using their resources to higher people to improve their storefront they rely on exclusivity agreements and keep a sub-par storefront. Resources aren't lacking, they just don't want to put in the effort.
Steam has 2 things, which these companies won't do it.

Steam workshops for mods and 3rd party CD keys.
It's what essentially makes Steam a great platform. Buying your games from 3rd party instead of Steam for cheap, and modding your games.

These companies are against those 2, which makes their platform meh.

Pick your poison...

PLAN 1:

Step 1: Buy Epic Games

Step 2: Rebrand EGS to PlayStation PC Store

Step 3: Profit

PLAN 2:

Step 1: Buy Valve

Step 2: Rebrand Steam to PlayStation PC Store

PLAN 3:

Step 1: Jim Ryan in speedos dancing to Gangnam Style

Step 2: Profit

Plan 3 also entails tearing your eyes right out of your head and pouring hydrochloric acid into your sockets to drown out the image from your mind.

feynoob

Banned
Like I said before they don't need to compete with steam and do what these other pc storefronts where doing. Right now pc is a supplementary to psn for sony, they just need a userbase buying there stuff enough for it to be worth it, don't need steam levels userbase.

Now obviously that might change, and they may decide oh we want to compete, then we have a diffrent conversation on if they can really do that.
The issue is getting the userbase.

You cant have a launcher, without a userbase supporting it. That is the big challenge, in which Epic is trying to overcome with their spending.

Reizo Ryuu

My point is that all of the Steam competitors suck because while Steam is adding additional features to improve their product, other storefronts are not.
That's also just not true, uplay and origin aren't even remotely the same as they were at launch, and at launch EA embarrassed steam by having a great refund policy, in fact it's still has the best refund policy; the only thing they are lagging behind in really is community features, which the others simply don't have. But even there it's a mixed bag, I enjoy the activity page and uploading screenshots, but the discussion forums are often just filled with twitter tier garbage and people trying to be edgy with thread title spoilers, so I avoid using it anyway
but Valve did a whole lot right before Epic Games Store (just as an example) even existed. When Epic Games Store came along Valve didn't say, "I'm the best so I'll do nothing." They made changes so that their competitor didn't have a leg up on them.
EGS is a bad example because by then steam already was relatively feature complete, even compared with uplay/origin it was launched completely barebones, not even having a shopping cart; there were no major improvements made to steam after the launch of EGS, because it didn't introduce anything steam was missing, uplay/origin did.
So obviously launching like that in 2018 is not a good look, but steam (store) has been around since 2005 and was fucking terrible for a long time until competitors forced them to improve.

Last edited:
That's not at all what I said. What I said is that every storefront after Steam has failed because all of the storefronts think that they have the leverage and so they don't put in the effort required to make the storefront awesome. If someone makes a storefront to rival Steam, not with exclusivity agreements, but with features that PC gamers want from a storefront, that's awesome.

Cool, that's more reasonable.

Though I think you and others are drastically overestimating the cost of developing and running a storefront. It's an issue of talent not money.

jm89

The issue is getting the userbase.

You cant have a launcher, without a userbase supporting it. That is the big challenge, in which Epic is trying to overcome with their spending.
And you can't have a userbase without the launcher. :pie_thinking: Assuming they want to go outside of steam.

Im sure it will be a challenge getting a userbase, epic approach was failure so that's one thing they can rule out not doing.

feynoob

Banned
And you can't have a userbase without the launcher. :pie_thinking: Assuming they want to go outside of steam.

Im sure it will be a challenge getting a userbase, epic approach was failure so that's one thing they can rule out not doing.
Epic way was correct approach. Its just that, they started timed exclusive, which pissed off pc gamers. You dont introduce that on pc.

CeeJay

I would love to see a PS Storefront, in fact just take the current PS Store and put it on PC and add friends and trophy functionality.

I'm not a fan of Steam or any other PC launcher.
You make it all sound so simple!

A unified store where you can buy a game and play it on both console and PC is not something easy and certainly not something that Sony have shown any aptitude to be able to deliver. Sony couldn't even get their cross gen saves to work seamlessly at system level between PS4 and PS5 and you are suggesting they should also have a PC version in the mix as well?

I think the term walk before you can run is certainly apt for this. Sony have only just started to consider releasing games on PC and have been taking toddler steps in that regard. They need to prove that they can support PC properly and something like Microsoft's Play Anywhere and Smart Delivery would be a benchmark to aim for across their entire first party offering before considering opening their own store.

Also, with your distain for all PC launchers and love for a theoretical PS storefront hints that you are a console only gamer with little understanding of how PC gaming works at all. What exactly is it that you dislike about Steam?

HTK

Banned
You make it all sound so simple!

A unified store where you can buy a game and play it on both console and PC is not something easy and certainly not something that Sony have shown any aptitude to be able to deliver. Sony couldn't even get their cross gen saves to work seamlessly at system level between PS4 and PS5 and you are suggesting they should also have a PC version in the mix as well?

I think the term walk before you can run is certainly apt for this. Sony have only just started to consider releasing games on PC and have been taking toddler steps in that regard. They need to prove that they can support PC properly and something like Microsoft's Play Anywhere and Smart Delivery would be a benchmark to aim for across their entire first party offering before considering opening their own store.

Also, with your distain for all PC launchers and love for a theoretical PS storefront hints that you are a console only gamer with little understanding of how PC gaming works at all. What exactly is it that you dislike about Steam?
Actually, I just built my 3rd PC in the last 15 years. I can break all the HW down for you if you like along with all my software optimizations. I play on PC and PS5.

Software is Software, to think Sony can't actually execute on a PC Storefront is silly. It really comes down to, how willing are they to actually execute something good. Are they willing to take their time and invest proper amount of money or not. If they half ass their PS Storefront on PC, it will fail obviously.

Reasons:
1) Friends (I'll have all my friends on PS5/PC unified)
2) Game Library (I have a huge game library on PlayStation since the introduction of the PS Store, I'd like to have access to it from my PC)
3) Trophy's (Although I'm not the biggest trophy hunter, I do like to get a platinum here and there on games I actually like)
4) PlayStation Exclusives would become viable to release Day 1 on PC
5) PS Store on PC would provide all 3rd Party and 1st Party Games if and it's a big "IF" they can migrate those partnerships they have currently on PS5 Storefront to PC. Basically unifying all those games.

What I hate on PC:
1) Friends Fragmentation, friends are scrambled with different usernames across different launchers etc...
2) Game Library Fragmentation, some games are available only on certain launchers (Too many different logins and usernames)
3) UX/UI and Features in some of the storefronts are lacking, I think Steam still looks like something out of early 2000's

In the end for me, I want everything PlayStation to be unified on PC as well. I would keep everything from the last 15 years, games, friends etc... under a single unified account.

I would be okay with something like this as well: PlayStation/Steam Integration
1) Steam to connect to PS5: Show and Display PSN Friends
2) Steam to connect to PS5: Being able to access my PlayStation Games Library though Steam
3) Steam: Let me early Trophys on PlayStation bought games
4) Steam to connect to PS Storefront: If I buy God of War Ragnarok on PlayStation Store, I can access it on Steam Day 1.

Oh, here is my PC by the way.

H5q3Jc1.jpg

Last edited:

CeeJay

Actually, I just built my 3rd PC in the last 15 years. I can break all the HW down for you if you like along with all my software optimizations. I play on PC and PS5.

Software is Software, to think Sony can't actually execute on a PC Storefront is silly. It really comes down to, how willing are they to actually execute something good. Are they willing to take their time and invest proper amount of money or not. If they half ass their PS Storefront on PC, it will fail obviously.

Reasons:
1) Friends (I'll have all my friends on PS5/PC unified)
2) Game Library (I have a huge game library on PlayStation since the introduction of the PS Store, I'd like to have access to it from my PC)
3) Trophy's (Although I'm not the biggest trophy hunter, I do like to get a platinum here and there on games I actually like)
4) PlayStation Exclusives would become viable to release Day 1 on PC
5) PS Store on PC would provide all 3rd Party and 1st Party Games if and it's a big "IF" they can migrate those partnerships they have currently on PS5 Storefront to PC. Basically unifying all those games.

What I hate on PC:
1) Friends Fragmentation, friends are scrambled with different usernames across different launchers etc...
2) Game Library Fragmentation, some games are available only on certain launchers (Too many different logins and usernames)
3) UX/UI and Features in some of the storefronts are lacking, I think Steam still looks like something out of early 2000's

In the end for me, I want everything PlayStation to be unified on PC as well. I would keep everything from the last 15 years, games, friends etc... under a single unified account.

I would be okay with something like this as well: PlayStation/Steam Integration
1) Steam to connect to PS5: Show and Display PSN Friends
2) Steam to connect to PS5: Being able to access my PlayStation Games Library though Steam
3) Steam: Let me early Trophys on PlayStation bought games
4) Steam to connect to PS Storefront: If I buy God of War Ragnarok on PlayStation Store, I can access it on Steam Day 1.

Oh, here is my PC by the way.

H5q3Jc1.jpg
OK so you got a PC but what about my other point that Sony couldn't even execute cross-gen on fixed hardware very well which makes most of your wishlist seem like pie in the sky. Like I said, they need to get the baby steps right before even thinking about grander plans.

With your list of things you hate on PC, wouldn't adding yet another storefront just add to that? "Hey guys I have a solution to the problem of multiple store fronts and fragmentation, yet another storefront!"

Your final set of ideas sounds good though, I can certainly see a lot of value in having unified friends lists between stores but unfortunately, I don't think that Sony like to share very much and they also like the thought of selling a customer a game multiple times over. I can't see Sony wanting customers to have as good an experience in another companies eco-system (Steam) as they do in their own whilst also giving up the lucrative cut on everything. Sony want you to buy games on PC but only if you wouldn't have otherwise purchased it on console and they certainly are not going to make those PC gamers feel like they are first-class Playstation gamers with all the perks that goes with it.

Sony although making steps towards PC have shown no indication that they are prepared to go all-in. They want the money they are leaving on the table with PC without eroding away their golden console walled garden. These companies are not and never will be customer centric, they offer as little customer focus as they can get away with without losing said customers. The shareholders are always the number one consideration.

HTK

Banned
OK so you got a PC but what about my other point that Sony couldn't even execute cross-gen on fixed hardware very well which makes most of your wishlist seem like pie in the sky. Like I said, they need to get the baby steps right before even thinking about grander plans.

With your list of things you hate on PC, wouldn't adding yet another storefront just add to that? "Hey guys I have a solution to the problem of multiple store fronts and fragmentation, yet another storefront!"

Your final set of ideas sounds good though, I can certainly see a lot of value in having unified friends lists between stores but unfortunately, I don't think that Sony like to share very much and they also like the thought of selling a customer a game multiple times over. I can't see Sony wanting customers to have as good an experience in another companies eco-system (Steam) as they do in their own whilst also giving up the lucrative cut on everything. Sony want you to buy games on PC but only if you wouldn't have otherwise purchased it on console and they certainly are not going to make those PC gamers feel like they are first-class Playstation gamers with all the perks that goes with it.

Sony although making steps towards PC have shown no indication that they are prepared to go all-in. They want the money they are leaving on the table with PC without eroding away their golden console walled garden. These companies are not and never will be customer centric, they offer as little customer focus as they can get away with without losing said customers. The shareholders are always the number one consideration.

Like I said, I would prefer it for my use case. If they never release a PS Storefront, I wont be butt hurt about it. In terms of Cross-play and cross-progression, these things happen. I feel like cross-play has been ironed out. It's not just Sony working on cross-play there are multiple parties involved for the final execution of crossplay and cross-progression.

In any case, I'll keep playing MP/Battle Royales/Competitive MP games on PC and PS5 for my single player experiences. I also think Sony should release their 1st party games Day 1 on PC and I think they eventually will. I think they don't do it now because their dev pipeline didn't include PC so they have to rely on a different studios after the game comes out to work on it. But, I do have a feeling for example if Sony Santa Monica starts to work on a new God of War now, they may actually include the PC dev pipeline in parallel with PS5/PS5 Pro. But if it hinders their dev cycle they may keep it for other studios which need to be bolstered more to be able to launch a lot quicker.

Time will tell.

Ev1L AuRoN

Pick your poison...

PLAN 1:

Step 1: Buy Epic Games

Step 2: Rebrand EGS to PlayStation PC Store

PLAN 2:

Step 1: Buy Valve

Step 2: Rebrand Steam to PlayStation PC Store

PLAN 3:

Step 1: Jim Ryan in speedos dancing to Gangnam Style

Step 2: Profit
PlayStation PC Store would be an awful name, if they manage to buy Valve or Epic they would be wise to keep the brands... If it's not to use the brand, why buy it?

Top Bottom