• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures releasing some blu rays as 'PS5 4K Movie Essentials Pack (Amazon exclusive)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/...k-is-being-launched-for-playstation-5-owners/

Three Spider-Man films are coming together in one physical 4K pack, designed to lure PlayStation 5 owners to the Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray format.

Ah, games consoles. It may have come to your attention that both Microsoft and Sony are launching their posh new machines this November. Sony has the PlayStation 5, whilst Microsoft has the Xbox Series X or S, depending on your bank balance and which consonant you favour.

One of the selling points of Sony’s PlayStation 5 machine then is that it comes with an Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player as part of the machine. And cunningly, Sony – which developed the format – is bundling a collection of films together in a special PlayStation 5 pack to tempt new owners.

A 4K triple pack going under the banner ‘PS5 4K Movie Essentials’ has gone up for preorder – it’s an Amazon exclusive – and it brings together Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home and Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse in one pack. It’s probably best if you like Spider-Man to get the most out of it, but the £50 retail price is cheaper than buying them all separately.

spidey-boxart.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
Spidermanstation 5 lol, looks like Sony is putting everything they can into Spider-Man franchise for the PS5- SM:MM, SM Remaster, now the BD move pack, wonder what's next? This reminds me of the OG PS3 and its SM-themed font (which was so much better that what we have now IMO), Sony has some strong attachment to the brand it seems.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You’d have to be a real simpleton to buy a disc when your console has no drive for it.

People can't even tell the difference between "One" and "Series", or "pre-order" and "delivery tomorrow".

The naming scheme is dumb and confusing, but the below was inevitable.

supernova8

Banned
People can't even tell the difference between "One" and "Series", or "pre-order" and "delivery tomorrow".

I wonder if it's the same as the Wii and Wii U. I remember a lot of people I knew genuinely thought it was some sort of Wii expansion but that might be because Wii went more mainstream than Xbox ever did.

Mmnow

I wonder if it's the same as the Wii and Wii U. I remember a lot of people I knew genuinely thought it was some sort of Wii expansion but that might be because Wii went more mainstream than Xbox ever did.
The biggest issue was that all the marketing was built around the tablet. It was very rare you saw the console or that it was prominent in shots. It didn't help that it looked and felt like some Fisher Price toy and that its games felt like Wii ports. I was impressed by Zombi, but there was a big feeling of "What now?" on day one.

Was also stung by the Vita at around the same time, which was the bigger disappointment. At least that had potential.

The Series X sales are down to scalpers using bots, most likely. 700 per cent rise isn't that big a jump when there are barely any One X consoles to buy either.

Tiamat2san

Into the spider verse is amazing.
the art style is incredible.
it takes time to adjust your eyes to the animation though.
HDR is beautiful.
highly recommended to démo your 4K HDR to people who don’t what they are missing.

the Disney movies are ok ...

This says absolutely nothing about people buying it, that rate changed just on interest alone.

couple it with the fact that before the SeriesX went live it would show you a One X instead it makes sense.

Kerotan

I totally forgot that the PS4 Pro didn't support 4K blu-rays.
Yeah and that's a big reason why they don't sell much. This new gen particularly sales of the PS5 will give 4k blu rays a big boost. Hopefully they drop in prices.

Top Bottom