• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures releasing some blu rays as 'PS5 4K Movie Essentials Pack (Amazon exclusive)

supernova8

Banned
The biggest issue was that all the marketing was built around the tablet. It was very rare you saw the console or that it was prominent in shots. It didn't help that it looked and felt like some Fisher Price toy and that its games felt like Wii ports. I was impressed by Zombi, but there was a big feeling of "What now?" on day one.

Was also stung by the Vita at around the same time, which was the bigger disappointment. At least that had potential.

The Series X sales are down to scalpers using bots, most likely. 700 per cent rise isn't that big a jump when there are barely any One X consoles to buy either.

Vita was awesome! I remember playing Uncharted and Killzone thinking "woah how the hell does this run on a handheld?!"

dcx4610

They legit should have included this in the box. 4K UHD is stunning and it's the only way you are going to get the casual/streaming/I don't care about anything crowd to experience them and give it a chance.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
You can never have enough Spidey. :)

dw8mHhm.gif
OK, I guess when you put it that way..:messenger_beaming:

Elcid

Banned
I’m excited to have a 4k player finally and I love these movies so I can’t wait to watch them on my C9 in 4k. I just wish I could see Spiderverse in 3D again.

Mmnow

Vita was awesome! I remember playing Uncharted and Killzone thinking "woah how the hell does this run on a handheld?!"
I remember wondering what the hell had gone wrong with Nintendo that meant Sony could just come along and make a fully fledged console you could walk around with. I'd show anyone who looked.

Luckily nobody listened to me, because in like six months it became an indie machine. One of my biggest gaming disappointments that just got worse every E3.

Trimesh

Banned
I remember wondering what the hell had gone wrong with Nintendo that meant Sony could just come along and make a fully fledged console you could walk around with. I'd show anyone who looked.

Luckily nobody listened to me, because in like six months it became an indie machine. One of my biggest gaming disappointments that just got worse every E3.

The Vita was a great machine - but also a perfect illustration that having great hardware doesn't necessarily mean your product will be successful. The PSP had a 6 year run where it was consistently selling about 10 million units a year - the Vita just about managed to hit 4 million in it's best year.

It still had some good games, but overall it seems like a huge missed opportunity.

Mmnow

The Vita was a great machine - but also a perfect illustration that having great hardware doesn't necessarily mean your product will be successful. The PSP had a 6 year run where it was consistently selling about 10 million units a year - the Vita just about managed to hit 4 million in it's best year.

It still had some good games, but overall it seems like a huge missed opportunity.
I'd love an in-depth look at where it went wrong, with interviews with some of the people involved. I can't imagine it'll ever happen for a million different reasons, but there must be a great story behind it.

The efforts of people like Shahid Ahmad kept it alive far longer than it deserved to be honest.

Top Bottom