• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures says Uncharted Movie is a "New Hit Movie Franchise"

ahtlas7

Nah, that movie is a terrible batman movie.
Batman looks like has anorexia, depressed looking Bruce Wayne, when Bruce supposed cocky rich, shit ass batmobile. And riddler toyed with him all movie.
And the moral speech monologue at the end like "revenge is not the way" bullshit.
Bleh. Probably the worst batman movie I've seen. Even Ben's batman is better than that garbage. Also no one respects batman lol
What shit show
Also that joker, already hate him.
Emo Batman suites up.
fall out boy wentz GIF by Sarah Schmidt

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just watched it. Not close to being as bad as people would have you believe.

If you just think of it as muppet babies to muppets it's easier to detach. It's just been aged down a little for the bigger audience target.

Chloe was good, wasn't sold on Tom but he did OK actually and Sully was alright in context.

Just watched it. Not close to being as bad as people would have you believe.

If you just think of it as muppet babies to muppets it's easier to detach. It's just been aged down a little for the bigger audience target.

Chloe was good, wasn't sold on Tom but he did OK actually and Sully was alright in context.
This.

I went in with very low expectations bc, frankly, I felt Holland was terrible casting (as much as I like his Spider Man/Peter Parker).

But…my wife and I both really enjoyed it. It’s technically not a “good film” but it IS a “fun movie”. And despite my having expected to hate Holland as Drake for months prior to watching it, he basically won me over. I still don’t think he has the right physicality for the role & is far too boyish to pull off a convincing “roguish charm” the character calls for. But he did well enough I’m willing to see how he matures into the role, assuming we get sequels (seems inevitable with that ending…speaking of which, why was it we had to wait until that final scene to really see Drake & Sully show some damn chemistry?)

Last edited:
Nah, that movie is a terrible batman movie.
Batman looks like has anorexia, depressed looking Bruce Wayne, when Bruce supposed cocky rich, shit ass batmobile. And riddler toyed with him all movie.
And the moral speech monologue at the end like "revenge is not the way" bullshit.
Bleh. Probably the worst batman movie I've seen. Even Ben's batman is better than that garbage. Also no one respects batman lol
What shit show
Also that joker, already hate him.
What a terrible take. The Batman has flaws but overall was a fantastic, gritty turn. To each their own, I suppose.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Wanted to like it but this is the least uncharted feeling piece of media I've seen.

And that includes the vita game, the motion comic, the graphic novel and the paperback novel...

SLB1904

Banned
Batman is supposed to be a vigilante detective. It is self contained or not crossed over with other DC properties. It is exactly what a good Batman movie should be.
Nah, he looks ridiculous, walk around wearing that suit looking like a weird while everyone just minding their business. Also he's a terrible detective at that.

When batman shows up, everyone shits their pants. I this movie they treat him like a knobhead.

PhaseJump

Banned
Nah, he looks ridiculous, walk around wearing that suit looking like a weird while everyone just minding their business. Also he's a terrible detective at that.

When batman shows up, everyone shits their pants. I this movie they treat him like a knobhead.

This movie treats the source material like it should. The suit design is practical, and stylized like one of the comics. Any man in a bat suit looks ridiculous. He's soft spoken, yet erupts violently with a sense of overkill. In the opening of this, everyone is shitting their pants and looking over their shoulder because of the signal.

It's Nolan's Batman trilogy where he is a stupid person, and constantly reacting, always being led around by people smarter than him. Also the movies where a sense of seriousness or realism is on display, yet treating the audience like idiots by spelling out what's happening through exposition.

SLB1904

Banned
This movie treats the source material like it should. The suit design is practical, and stylized like one of the comics. Any man in a bat suit looks ridiculous. He's soft spoken, yet erupts violently with a sense of overkill. In the opening of this, everyone is shitting their pants and looking over their shoulder because of the signal.

It's Nolan's Batman trilogy where he is a stupid person, and constantly reacting, always being led around by people smarter than him. Also the movies where a sense of seriousness or realism is on display, yet treating the audience like idiots by spelling out what's happening through exposition.

The suit is awesome, don't get me wrong. But the batmobile and that bike is rubbish. Also the chase scene with the penguin man killed liked a dozen of people but yep ignore that part.

I'm glad you brought up the bat signal, yeah everyone was shitting their pants for him to be just a regular dude that no one respects for the rest of the movie.

Christians Batman still the goat. He's not supposed to be likeable or admired but feared. Something that this movie just throw out of the window from the open scene.
I'm saying that, Batman is my favorite comic book character followed by the joker.
That joker at the end eww. Talking about missing the point.

Anyway enough of this Batman business. We are way off topic

EDMIX

The suit is awesome, don't get me wrong. But the batmobile and that bike is rubbish. Also the chase scene with the penguin man killed liked a dozen of people but yep ignore that part.

I'm glad you brought up the bat signal, yeah everyone was shitting their pants for him to be just a regular dude that no one respects for the rest of the movie.

Christians Batman still the goat. He's not supposed to be likeable or admired but feared. Something that this movie just throw out of the window from the open scene.
I'm saying that, Batman is my favorite comic book character followed by the joker.
That joker at the end eww. Talking about missing the point.

Anyway enough of this Batman business. We are way off topic

I'm mad cause I really like both your points, but I do know its OT =( I didn't know so many comic fans was on here, we should do a off-topic thread regarding it as I'd like to see everyone's take regarding the Batman IP in terms of different versions of him, but I digress.
What’s number one?

I read it was Warcraft and I was kinda surprised at that.

If Uncharted is considered bad by some and its number 5 and Warcraft is number 1, I'm starting to believe Ghost Of Tsushima, God Of War, Metal Gear Solid etc will do some massive numbers regardless then when they become films

Belthazar

Gross revenue for gaming IP movies of all time.
1st I believe is out of question.

With adjusted inflation 2nd is $436 and 3rd is $424 I believe but 1st is $600 or something.
I don't think Sonic 2 will end its run under Uncharted tbh

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Looks like Uncharted will be on Amazon for $19.99 in 3 days so it looks like I'll watch it there. Glad to see it so positively reviewed and received by people.

Ultradsa

I kind of put it at better then the worst Indiana Jones movie so not bad and I enjoy most adventure treasure hunt movies. I would watch a sequel.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Looks like someone mistyped the quote. It's missing an 's' before the word 'hit'.

(i haven't seen it. simply wished to troll)

Majormaxxx

Sorry but the movie felt so off. I had one more day to think about it... Sully - he doesn't feel the same at all. In the OG games trilogy, he feels like someone you can 100% rely on. In this, he feels like a father who cannot let go of his youth and feels like he has to compete with his son. Chloe - she is off as well. Starting from her unflattering haircut. Then we have her stupid high heel boots. Absolutely unpractical and yet she escaped from both an acrobatic 20-something and a super fit 50-year-old. Running in high heels through a water fountain. yeah right. Also - she feels like 80% bitch and 20% friend. In the OG games, she is at least 40% reliable. Then we have the bad guy girl. Well, she is made to be some kind of super killer. Like, let me sneak behind Antonio Banderas in full sight of his peripheral vision. And he will totally let me sneak behind him and slice his throat. But not in a gory way. Just a clean slice with a tiny blood trail. Yet her only advantages are her funny-looking blade and her mean mug. I think she was at least partially a good casting call because she comes off as unlikeable. We won't discuss how a helicopter can lift a galleon that weighs 100s of tons without it falling apart immediately after staying in a dark and humid place for 100s of years. Anyways...

Wohc

Banned
I can't understand console warring. I guess if you are very young, no job yet, so you can only afford one console...
I have no idea why people do this. I somehow get it with sports teams, but with stupid gaming hardware? Ridiculous. I don't think it's about the money since many of the warriors seem to be 30+ and consoles are not that expensive.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
My bet is that it was something with console warring, because i only have console warriors on my ignore list.

am surprised he lasted as long as he did, especially after going on twitter and telling a guy who helped create the series x that he was wrong about the specs of it lol

Top Bottom