• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation now has a Landing Page for its PC offerings on playstation.com with F.A.Qs

Draugoth

Gold Member

pc-games-hub-hero-featured-01-en-10jun22

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/pc-games/

PlayStation PC games FAQs
Q. How much do PlayStation games on PC cost?
A. Pricing varies by title. Please check with your preferred retailer for the latest prices.

Q. Do I need a PSN account to play PlayStation games on PC?
A. No, you currently do not need a PSN account to enjoy PlayStation Studios games on PC.

Q. Can I use a Dualsense controller to play PlayStation games on PC?
A. Yes, you can use a DualSense controller to play PlayStation Studios games on PC via a wired connection. Support of DualSense specific features and wireless connectivity varies by title. Visit our DualSense support page for more information.

Q. What other control inputs do PlayStation games on PC support?
A. All PlayStation Studios games on PC support many input options including mouse and keyboard, DualShock 4, and DualSense, as well as other game controllers. Specific features vary by title.

Q. If I already own the game on PS4 or PS5, do I need to purchase the game separately to play it on PC, and vice versa?
A. Yes, the PC and console versions of PlayStation Studios games are different products. It is currently not possible to purchase the PC version of a title and then play it on a PS4 or PS5 console, or vice versa.

Q. Can I transfer my save from the PS4 or PS5 version to the PC version?
A. It is currently not possible to transfer your save data from the PS4 or PS5 version to the PC version of a PlayStation Studios title, or vice versa.

Q. Do PlayStation games on PC have trophy support?
A. PlayStation Studios titles include support for achievements on both Steam and Epic Games Store. They will not sync with your trophies list on your PSN profile.

Q. What other games are coming to PC?
A. Stay up to date on new announcements on PlayStation's Twitter and Instagram, and check back here to learn more about new PlayStation Studios games coming to PC.

Q. Where can I buy PC games?
A. PlayStation Studios titles on PC are available for purchase at a range of digital retailers, including Steam and Epic Games.

Q. Where should I go for customer support of my PC games?
A. For questions regarding the purchase of your PC game, please visit Steam's Support or Epic Games' Support for more information.
For questions around a game or to report game issues, please visit PlayStation's Support page.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I am one of the people that thought Sony would never go all in on PC. I am starting to think that I could be wrong.

RavageX

They are making it hard to be a console person. I've been one since I first laid eyes on a game (YES I PLAY ON PC TOO) and I've always preferred consoles but they are no longer unique. The only one that doesn't FEEL like a pc is the switch....it feels like a tablet. It is what it is I guess. I never will care for cell phone gaming, and now there are a lot of copycat, indie, battle royale, fortnight stuff and I don't like any of it. This I think is my last console generation, the fact that all the games end up on PC pretty much confirms it.

They are making it hard to be a console person. I've been one since I first laid eyes on a game (YES I PLAY ON PC TOO) and I've always preferred consoles but they are no longer unique. The only one that doesn't FEEL like a pc is the switch....it feels like a tablet. It is what it is I guess. I never will care for cell phone gaming, and now there are a lot of copycat, indie, battle royale, fortnight stuff and I don't like any of it. This I think is my last console generation, the fact that all the games end up on PC pretty much confirms it.
They are making it easier for people to access their library of content regardless of what device you're on. How is them bringing content to an additional platform making it hard to be a console person?
How is this hurting their console player base?

So... no PS6 then?
Why would there be no more PS consoles when its easily affordable compared to a capable gaming PC?

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned

The irony about that sentiment is that Valve's new SteamOS 3 front end is 100%, a game console experience. The Steam Deck is a game console.

Ok but if this move by Sony means they're going to accept more PC gamers, that means they'll slowly transition away from consoles.

For example, you'd never see Nintendo put a flagship Mario title on PC. But it seems like Sony are gonna put some of their flagships on PC.
So Sony putting about 20% of their games on PC years after release means they are getting out of consoles?

Xbox must have been completely scraped years ago.

Ok but if this move by Sony means they're going to accept more PC gamers, that means they'll slowly transition away from consoles.

For example, you'd never see Nintendo put a flagship Mario title on PC. But it seems like Sony are gonna put some of their flagships on PC.
Why would they move away from selling literally every single $500 console they can produce and taking a 20% cut of all game sales on it?

Granted if they do I am going to be miffed because the only PC I have a desire to game on is the Pentium 133 I recently got, but I don't see it happening.

RavageX

They are making it easier for people to access their library of content regardless of what device you're on. How is them bringing content to an additional platform making it hard to be a console person?

Why would there be no more PS consoles when its easily affordable compared to a capable gaming PC?
I'm not saying its a bad thing, more people being able to play a game is a good thing. For ME it just makes it less justifiable to buy a console. I will probably always have a PC or laptop that is capable of playing games on a high level, throw in the fact I can get PC games cheap, well what sense does it make for me to buy a console? Nostalgia? That's not enough sadly. I don't really sell or trade my games either, so that's not a reason.

Now, some games I just like playing on a console better but it sure isn't enough to justify spending $500+.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, more people being able to play a game is a good thing. For ME it just makes it less justifiable to buy a console. I will probably always have a PC or laptop that is capable of playing games on a high level, throw in the fact I can get PC games cheap, well what sense does it make for me to buy a console? Nostalgia? That's not enough sadly. I don't really sell or trade my games either, so that's not a reason.

Now, some games I just like playing on a console better but it sure isn't enough to justify spending $500+.
Why would you want to buy a console when you can play the games on your PC?

Its your money. Do with it what you will. Seems to me like some of you feel the need to have a PC AND a console? Is this some blind allegiance to Sony that you have to own both?

I seriously don't get this line of thinking. Buy whatever hardware you want and play the games. Them making more games available on other platforms has no affect on you enjoying those same games on PC or console.

I mean fuck, Am I missing something here ?

Neofire

Lol these strawman arguments. When Sony's hardware sales start to decline and it's ecosystem services like psn plus drop yoy then people will come up with another excuse.

It's Sony's choice at the end of the day, I just hope they at least support the ps5 properly like they did with the PS4 before they go off the deep end and Jimmy and his crew on the edge from the looks of things lol.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Hey, Sony.

Your latest console is too big and ugly to allow in my home, and I feel like I want an apology every time I see it.

Port the Wild ARMs and Ape Escape franchises to PC.

then-you-have-my-permission-to-die-bruce-wayne.gif

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Why would you want to buy a console when you can play the games on your PC?

Its your money. Do with it what you will. Seems to me like some of you feel the need to have a PC AND a console? Is this some blind allegiance to Sony that you have to own both?

I seriously don't get this line of thinking. Buy whatever hardware you want and play the games. Them making more games available on other platforms has no affect on you enjoying those same games on PC or console.

I mean fuck, Am I missing something here ?
For me I will always have a monster PC and consoles mainly because I have been console gaming on both major platforms since they began and have made a lot of friends across all platforms

When I game with friends on a console we usually shut off cross play to avoid running into PC players

But most of my friends I play MP games with are mainly on Xbox and PC and I recently traded in a couple of my PS5s and the direction Sony is going I may soon be without a PS console all together and just play ‘‘em on PC

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not great for playstation console owners and ultimately Sony in the long run imo.
I'd say not good for warriors more than owners. Unless you are a child and subscribe to the "can't play with my toy's" mentality it shouldn't matter much. Like many other have pointed out console have many advantages over PC (cost, simplicity, ect..).

At worse you're looking at day and date releases that just perform better on high end PCs (that cost significantly more), but more likely you will get it released 1st on the console then later on PC

Sure you might lose console sales to a smaller group of PC gamers that would have bought the Sony system but instead cash in on all the PC gamers that would never have bought in the 1st place.

BlackTron

Not great for playstation console owners and ultimately Sony in the long run imo.

I get what you mean. It might be good for you now, but if it causes problems in the long run, that means you could get less/lower quality Sony games in the future.

However, I think if they remain smart it COULD be a good thing. Lots of people are assuming this is a slippery slope to day and date PC releases. If they are right, Sony would surely be in deep trouble. But if they're really selective with the games and wise about the exclusivity windows, it could benefit them.

Horizon 1 is now ancient and anyone who was ever going to want to play it on PS have probably tried it by now. By releasing it on PC, they get more revenue from the game and create positive exposure for Horizon 2, a console exclusive. But the key is it has to stay that way for a LONG ass time, like almost as long as the first one even. This is the kind of thing where if they slip it up for the easy quick money they could give their whole hand away. As long as they stay disciplined with their brand management I think it could be good for them TBH.

bitbydeath

You are gonna have a hard time with the new Sony my guy...
You’re over presenting it.
They’re aiming for maybe 4 games on PC this year and released 7 or so new exclusives?

They’ll forever be stuck in a growing backlog and they don’t have the available teams to ramp up much more than they’re already doing.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You’re over presenting it.
They’re aiming for maybe 4 games on PC this year and released 7 or so new exclusives?

They’ll forever be stuck in a growing backlog and they don’t have the available teams to ramp up much more than they’re already doing.

Hey if the goal is to get out the major IPs out quick so the sequels will be ready faster, they seem to be on the ball. Just about all the major franchise are out or coming soon. Just go to keep the ports of the sequels going with all those porting studios they recently acquired.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'd say not good for warriors more than owners. Unless you are a child and subscribe to the "can't play with my toy's" mentality it shouldn't matter much. Like many other have pointed out console have many advantages over PC (cost, simplicity, ect..).

At worse you're looking at day and date releases that just perform better on high end PCs (that cost significantly more), but more likely you will get it released 1st on the console then later on PC

Sure you might lose console sales to a smaller group of PC gamers that would have bought the Sony system but instead cash in on all the PC gamers that would never have bought in the 1st place.
Why should a child who spent $500 on a toy watch the maker of that toy go after children that didnt even buy that toy, let alone pay $500 for it like the child did?

I bought a PS5 because of Sony's generations mantra. Because of the FOUR generations of exclusives that they went out and either paid for or made themselves. Because of their commitment to pushing boundaries in graphics fidelity at the start of every gen. I am sitting here holding my dick in 2022 looking at one cross gen game after another because Sony chose to go after the PS4 audience that paid $199 for 9 year old console and a PC audience that gives so little fucks about PC games that they spent a total of $28 million on GOW and just $22 million on Days Gone. thats less than a million copies sold for each after the steam cut.

And why? I am told they dont have resources to make next gen games because of covid. Because they dont have 1000 person studios. Well they just bought Nixxes last year. A perfect porting studio. Get them to do the next gen ports. Why is TLOU2 still taking 2 minutes to load a chapter? Or Days Gone and Horizon when on PC the same SSD gets me in the game in 2-3 seconds? No resources? Well where are the resources coming from for all these ports?

Who ported Horizon Zero Dawn to PC? and why didnt they make a PS5 sku for it?
Who ported Days Gone to PC? and why didnt they make a PS5 sku for it?
Who ported GOW to PC? and why didnt they make a PS5 sku for it?

So they have enough resources for the PC audience that didnt give them dick, but i pay $500 on day one and I am a warrior? Im a man child for expecting my toy to offer me a next gen experience from my next gen console?

Sony just paid $3.2 billion for Bungie. I dont want to hear resources, everyone at Naughty Dog getting covid, or budgets. They can afford to spend billions then they can afford to make next gen only games and take a loss just like I did when I bought that $500 console to play ONE next gen game at launch. If Sony was firing on all cylinders making next gen game after next gen game on PS5, I couldnt give two shits about PC ports. Hell, id double dip on day one. I dont want Sony prioritizing PC gamers or PS4 gamers. I want them to prioritize me because i invested $500 in their console and another $100 in their eco system the last couple of years.

Last edited:

legacy24

we should really be blaming MS for this PC integration crap, Sony just followed suit. The 360 is going to be their last unique console

Last edited:
Top Bottom