• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PlayStation Plus Reaches 7.9 Million Subscribers

Madness

Not that surprising now that it's mandatory for online play.

Yeah, especially with how connected games are these days. Who honestly would buy a next gen console without any real subscription now for multi-player play? I mean just look at a game like Destiny. You need it.

Hopefully Sony keeps improving with the sheer amount of money they get. Xbox Live Gold has been so profitable and lucrative for MS. It's only a matter of time before Nintendo wants to get in on it as well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I would be impressed, but subscriptions are mandatory if you want to play online. So whatever. Same goes for XBL Gold. Given the quality of PSN, its a big scam. =/

ERMint13

I think the quality of games on PS4 is acceptable. Just because it's not some AAA game doesn't mean it isn't fun or a good game. There have been some great games I've gotten that people ragged on for no reason besides its not Killzone for free. Oddly enough though most people trash Killzone or Knack but request them.

The updates and upgrades to the infrastructure may be slow to come too. I believe they will try to make a marked improvement before the Christmas rush but after that I doubt upgrades are in the cards.

All in all for the $30 I spend I can't complain. It's annoying to be offline due to maintenance but it's not life ruining.

In what universe are the Vita offerings bad? Vita had been ridiculously good for Plus in recent months. It's insane. PS3 quality has taken a nosedive, but Vita is fantastic and PS4 is pretty damn good too.

Its bad because i tried them all and don't like them? i give them a fair try 9for those that i have not played before else where) , around 3 hours plus for each game. I am not one who says a game its bad without trying them (I enjoyed pix cat the best out of them all but its get old after sometime )

edit

i do like that vita can play most of the cross play games as i rather play them on the portable.

Top Bottom