• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says it’s secured enough components to hit 22m PlayStation 5 sales goal

Bryank75

Banned
nothing treadmill GIF

Xbox should just do a custom PS gamepass and give Sony a 20-30% cut for every sub on their system. Then let Sony have their chip capacity...... would be a unified platform where everyone can access everything, both companies win.
Shut down PSNow.... transfer subs to GP.

Of course there would have to be some negotiation on the details but Sony is too stubborn. They don't see that hardware / console will always be the dominant over streaming..... but after a few more cloud gaming failures I think they will get the picture.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Speaking during a web call on Thursday (transcribed by VGC), CFO Hiroki Totoki claimed that Sony has secured enough semiconductors – which have been in short supply during the pandemic – to achieve its fiscal year target of selling 14.8 million PS5s.

“The shortage of semiconductors has impacts in various areas and through various measures, we have been taking some action,” he said.

“For PS5, the target has been set for the number of units to be sold this year, and we have secured the number of chips that is necessary to achieve that. Regarding the supply of semiconductors, we are not concerned.”

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

For reference, though, Sony said earlier that their plan is to sell 22.6 million consoles per year. It'd be interesting to see if they have secured enough chips to meet that goal.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What do you mean by this?
You can only use PS5 controllers for PS5 games, despite the fact all of the features they claim are the reason why PS4 controllers are locked out are optional.

They called out "peripherals" as one of their continued growth areas on their last report.

Aenima

doubt it. 130m-140m is possible but i dont think PS2 will be topped anytime soon. PS2 went as low as $99 and sony barely did any price cuts for PS4. they only cut once from $399 to $299.

if they want to top the PS2 they will have to be aggressive with price cuts again but will it even be possible with PS5? thr lowest i can see it selling is for $299 with the digital edition.
Yeah. Also PS2 was very easy to run pirate games on it. Ppl in 3rd world contries just had to buy a cheap PS2 console, get a boot disk, and enjoy.

Even without piracy the only way to reach PS2 lifetime numbers was if the console droped in price as much as PS2 did, and looking at PS4 prices, i guess thats not Sony plan.

PS5 will easely reach the 100M+ like PS4 did though.

Yeah. Also PS2 was very easy to run pirate games on it. Ppl in 3rd world contries just had to buy a cheap PS2 console, get a boot disk, and enjoy.

Even without piracy the only way to reach PS2 lifetime numbers was if the console droped in price as much as PS2 did, and looking at PS4 prices, i guess thats not Sony plan.

PS5 will easely reach the 100M+ like PS4 did though.

yeah i remember one of my friends had a stack of pirated PS2 games. i was so jealous and it was crazy to me that he was literally able to make PS2 games at home. that shit was like magic to me when i was that age.

Top Bottom