• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says it will now be much easier to find PS5s in stock

kyliethicc

To all our fans: thank you for your patience as we navigated unprecedented demand for the PS5 console amid global challenges. If you’re looking to purchase a PS5 console, you should now have a much easier time finding one at retailers globally.

For players in the U.S., U.K, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, be sure to check direct.playstation.com to purchase a PS5 console, games, and accessories directly from PlayStation. PS5 products are also available at participating retailers globally.

sounds like good news for anyone still PS5 deprived

ps direct is usually the best option if available in your country btw. seen PS5s sitting in stock fairly often

ParaSeoul

They're coming

travis-scott-ps5.gif

Last edited:
To actually meet demand, they'd probably need to have enough supply to sell 1.5 million to 2 million units per month.

That's 24 million PS5s. Nearly what they've sold to date... Not sure that's going to happen and certainly isn't the case now.

gundalf

PS5/PS5DE + GOW 2022 bundle has been in stock for over a week at amazon.de.

Same with Mediamarkt/Saturn and even big box stores like Marktkauf/Real. Dunno if people are actually buying at those prices but hey, there is now plenty of stock sitting there waiting to be picked up.

On the other hand I have yet to see a none-bundle version of the PS5 in retail, never seen those in retail space.

Last edited:

jm89

To actually meet demand, they'd probably need to have enough supply to sell 1.5 million to 2 million units per month.

That's 24 million PS5s. Nearly what they've sold to date... Not sure that's going to happen and certainly isn't the case now.
They sold over 1.3 Million in USA in november alone, they can easily meet those numbers globally assuming chip shortage doesn't hit them again, or some shipping problem.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Mediamarkt here had about 10 of them - in a bundle with an extra controller, a headphone and a game. So yeah, it's available in stores for $$$.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've still not seen one in a store here locally. To be fair I don't think I've seen an X either. The only consoles I've seen are the S and the Switch.

Saw the straight digital for sale this weekend first time ever and the disc versions are mostly bundles.
This would be the one I want, amazon.UK had them for a while.
Or I'd also accept a bundle with an extra controller. But no matter the quality, paying full price for any game is not fine by me.

Yeah, as I said in another post I'm seeing heaps of them on shop floors now.
Its awesome that Sony has managed to up their production.
Now, over to you MS. Let's get more of those XSX in stores why don't we?

Ulysses 31

Let me know when I can buy one not overpriced, €650/us$700 no thanks.

Its been years, I'm looking for sub release day pricing (£530/us$580).
You expect to see it at sub original MSRP after they announced a price hike? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Papa Jim already said this over 3 weeks ago. PS5 has been widely available since last November. It has been great to see.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's pretty much every where in the UK and has been for ages.

They've definitely got their production and logistics in line with demand now. we should get a true sign of how sales are fairing this year and what the legit demand is.

Looks more like Ellie from TLOU 2 -- sans the setting, which looks more like Uncharted/Tomb Raider.
fvK7mfF.jpg

Tlou doesn't use torch except the Scars. And her outfit looks like a hiker/explorer. Maybe it's cameo but the ad is about ps5 games.
I don't think it's about Uncharted 4 ps5 version since this is a girl.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
fvK7mfF.jpg

Tlou doesn't use torch except the Scars. And her outfit looks like a hiker/explorer. Maybe it's cameo but the ad is about ps5 games.

It's obviously a new uncharted where drakes daughter takes over. You can have Nolan North do the odd bump into his daughter and it will be cute etc but ultimately it's his daughter taking the reigns from her Mum and Dad.

Makes perfect sense, and if a different studio is making it...I am interested to see what they do.

Sony really just used the lack of stock to create a marketing campaign by announcing the games they arelady have, the ones coming AND that you can now actually buy consoles.
Good one.

For the ones saying "we have a lot for a while now". Great for you. Must be good to live in the USA, UK and the 3 other countries that was getting decent stock.

Come here to Portugal and you'll realize most stores are accepting pre-orders for a January 31th release of stock (like Fnac). That's why this ad is happening. There's more countries out there guys and europe has been Playstation's biggest continent for sales for a while now. This is obiously not targeted to certain markets.

Last edited:

Spyxos

fvK7mfF.jpg

After Uncharted 4 i am pretty sure his daughter is now the main character.

It's obviously a new uncharted where drakes daughter takes over. You can have Nolan North do the odd bump into his daughter and it will e cute etc but ultimately it's his daughter taking the reigns from her Mum and Dad.

Makes perfect sense, and if a different studio is making it...I am interested to see what they do.

Bluepoint? 🤔

supernova8

Banned
I've still not seen one in a store here locally. To be fair I don't think I've seen an X either. The only consoles I've seen are the S and the Switch.
Same I'm in Japan and I've only ever seen the Series S available. I've got myself enrolled in the invitation (lottery) on Amazon for the PS5 and Series X, so we'll see which one (if either of them) comes up for me.

supernova8

Banned
Scalpers are scrambling, heres one dingus trying to return scalped ps5s posted on reddit a feew days ago. Mother karma slapped him in the nuts, cause the retailer apparently refused the returns.

cyty6pi90wea1.jpg
Should be naming and shaming them. Look at this dickhead with five PS5s lol.
If it weren't for scalping cunt bastards, more people would been able to buy one at MSRP sooner.

Where I am the prices on our equivalent of eBay have finally dropped to the point where scalpers cannot possibly be making a profit when factoring in the processing fee and the cost of shipping to the buyer.
This is probably what happened to this shithead. He needs to sell them all at (at least) a 10-15% markup to even break-even, so he probably figured it would be better to return them and start from scratch. Joke's on him!

supernova8

Banned
wish-you.gif

South East Asia is still in Sony's bad books
In Japan even scalper prices for the disc version are now down to a level where (assuming they bought at MSRP) the scalpers can't possibly be making a profit. Put differently, it suggests that there is practically nobody left who is willing to pay over MSRP.
Lets Go Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Then again, it's still impossible to actually find them at retail. Hopefully that will change in the next month or so.
The really funny thing is that scalpers have the Series X at a higher price than PS5 now. On the surface it would look like Series X demand is super high but based on the Media Create/Famitsu data, it more likely that there are just so many Xbox Series X units being shipped to Japan that they're like gold dust.

Last edited:

Elios83

It seems like in the US, UK and Japan things are already at a good level.
In mainland Europe instead things are improving and scalpers prices are going down around 699€ but it's still far from optimal. Hopefully in spring these shortages will be a things of the past.

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s great to see, they should be at 50 million by the end of 23. They have yet to play the discount game too so this year will be interesting, specially with Spider-Man 2 on the way.

You are still forced to buy bundles in Europe

Found PS5 Disc version + additional controller @ 610 €

And they sell out anyway :D

In Japan even scalper prices for the disc version are now down to a level where (assuming they bought at MSRP) the scalpers can't possibly be making a profit. Put differently, it suggests that there is practically nobody left who is willing to pay over MSRP.
Lets Go Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Then again, it's still impossible to actually find them at retail. Hopefully that will change in the next month or so.
The really funny thing is that scalpers have the Series X at a higher price than PS5 now. On the surface it would look like Series X demand is super high but based on the Media Create/Famitsu data, it more likely that there are just so many Xbox Series X units being shipped to Japan that they're like gold dust.
This makes no sense. If "practically nobody" is willing to pay over MSRP, the PS5 would be readily available online and in stores. If that isn't the case, then the demand still outstrips the supply at MSRP, therefore the market value of the product is higher than MSRP and scalpers could sell for >MSRP.

Last edited:
Right now, the PS5 is #5 on Amazon UK's games and consoles chart (and has been there for a few days now). 2 places behind Hogwarts Legacy.

Series X and S are #28 and #37, respectively.

[/URL]
That gap is only going to get bigger from now on. It already started since like september. Sony will want that headline "PS5 surpasses PS4's sales launch-aligned" as soon as possible. They always said that would happen during the next fiscal year that starts in April 2023 and goes until March 2024 and it's clearly doable. That Spider-Man 2 + PS5 bundle for black friday alone...yeah it'll be interesting to see.

I wonder how much this console could be at right now if not for covid and all the production issues it faced...

Puscifer

Gold Member

sounds like good news for anyone still PS5 deprived

ps direct is usually the best option if available in your country btw. seen PS5s sitting in stock fairly often
I feel like this has been the case for months now but they're able to confirm it officially. Over the holidays PS5s were everywhere

Top Bottom