• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says PlayStation VR 2 will have ‘over 20 launch games’ (VGC)

kingfey

Banned
Sony has said it will have more than 20 games ready for the launch of PlayStation VR 2.

The launch games will cover both first-party and third-party titles, the corporation said during a business briefing on Thursday (see the slide below).

During Sony’s CES 2022 keynote in January, the company shared official technical specs for the PlayStation 5 VR headset and also confirmed the name for its VR controller: PlayStation VR2 Sense controller.

It also announced the first PSVR2 game: Horizon Call of the Mountain from Guerrilla and Firesprite.

The following month, the platform holder released the first images of the upcoming headset as well as the new PS VR2 controllers.

PSVR2 will feature 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view visuals with foveated rendering. Its OLED display will offer 2000×2040 resolution per eye and frame rates of 90/120hz.

While there is no official release date for PSVR2, an analyst has suggested that PlayStation VR2 will launch in 2023 as a result of what he implies is a “delay”.

According to Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, the new headset will launch next year and will use AMOLED screens.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Was about to post this (lol)

Some extra info: PlayStation 5 is experiencing unprecedented demand

a0Wwcvm.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Too bad Sony cares about the children cuz some hentai shit would sell like hotcakes.
That reminds me
What the fuck is this shit
Guess they missed that one 🤣

Last edited:

drezz

I can see a bunch of VR games that did NOT make it to PSVR(1) coming around for PSVR2 launch.
I really am hoping for a bunch of new fun games, similar to how Astrobot playroom was with couch co-op play, such a blast playing when mates are over.
Rescue mission was also really great, hope they are able to have backwardscompatible with the PSVR(1) Cause I'd like to revisit Rescue mission with PSVR2.

Are there any chances of psvr2 coming this holiday? I haven't been keeping in touch so I am out of loop. If someone can fill me in that'd be great.

Last edited:
Ye, that’s probably a lot of older games refitted for PSVR2.

Can’t wait for the new headset, though. Might be playing some more No Man’s Sky in there as well, that was pretty dope.

Romulus

Needs a full length star wars game, a new jedi knight or rogue Squardron. Man using a lightsaber in VR is incredible. But fuck any of that hand holding experience shit.

Last edited:

BlueHawk

Neo Member
I was one of the first buyers of PSVR, but won’t be for PSVR2.

The PSVR never really took of the way I was hoping it would and so many of the games were like shovelware. I feel a repeat might happen again and still not sure if the tech is quite just there yet, maybe a few more years or waiting for PS5 Pro would have been a smarter choice.

Urban

I’m really looking forward to it. Since I’ve played HL Alyx I know what is possible. One of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had.
I read rumours that it might come to PSVR2 too

I was one of the first buyers of PSVR, but won’t be for PSVR2.

The PSVR never really took of the way I was hoping it would and so many of the games were like shovelware. I feel a repeat might happen again and still not sure if the tech is quite just there yet, maybe a few more years or waiting for PS5 Pro would have been a smarter choice.
Oh the tech is there now. It has some specs of VR headsets that cost 1000.00+ and up.

FunkMiller

These will hopefully be predominantly new, full games.

If they launch this thing with a load of ports and two hour long 'experiences' it'll be a huge blow to the ongoing VR gaming landscape.

We need to see more realisation of VR's full potential at this point. We can't keep talking about bloody Alyx over and over again.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Not yet. Unlikely to come before the dedicated PS VR 2 showcase / event. Though it's highly unlikely to be backward compatible because of how different the tech is in PS VR 1 and PS VR 2.
The bastards can make it back compatible if they want too. Just ‘virtualise’ the psvr1 bits….no pun intended. Really it’s all about obtaining position in the end and feeding it to the software.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Yay job simulator 2 and other vr poop :p

I'm pretty sure we will get a ps5 version of beat saber too (as that is probably the most important vr game)

Romulus

I have a decent pcvr setup that I love, buy ill probably end up getting this. It seems like first part sony devs are involved with this in a big way and if I see "full length" campaign attached to anything from Guerilla/insomniac etc, I won't be able to resist.

Btw, Stormland on PCVR is an underrated gem. Now that Sony owns insomniac, i have suspicions we might see that.

Romulus

Another thing thats been missing is a full length Jedi game. Tales of the Galaxy and Vader on Quest/pcvr are both great, but if someone can bring a full real jedi game based around VR mechanics it'll be next level. The groundwork for the mechanics have already been proven to work extremely well for swordplay and fast movement.

Danknugz

Sony has said it will have more than 20 games ready for the launch of PlayStation VR 2.

The launch games will cover both first-party and third-party titles, the corporation said during a business briefing on Thursday (see the slide below).

During Sony’s CES 2022 keynote in January, the company shared official technical specs for the PlayStation 5 VR headset and also confirmed the name for its VR controller: PlayStation VR2 Sense controller.

It also announced the first PSVR2 game: Horizon Call of the Mountain from Guerrilla and Firesprite.

The following month, the platform holder released the first images of the upcoming headset as well as the new PS VR2 controllers.

PSVR2 will feature 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view visuals with foveated rendering. Its OLED display will offer 2000×2040 resolution per eye and frame rates of 90/120hz.

While there is no official release date for PSVR2, an analyst has suggested that PlayStation VR2 will launch in 2023 as a result of what he implies is a “delay”.

According to Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, the new headset will launch next year and will use AMOLED screens.
hard to see ps5 running 4k hdr at 90/120hz

yurinka

I want brand new Wipeout and Motorstorm VR compatible (but also playable on tv) only games. I don't care if also include gaas, eSport, crossgen or even PC release.

Wipeout Omega Collection if not BC I want it ported/remastered too.

rofif

Banned
There have not been a good state of play yet. It’s terrible and the most disappointing thing ever each time

Last edited:
Top Bottom