• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony spent a decade trying to save Japan Studio

Nope, you are.

This is what I was referring to.

This is where you went.

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF

That's where you're lost son.

We're talking about Japanese games.

So I asked you what JAPANESE games have come out for PC only, because it rarely happens. If no one is willing to fund the game, PC is probably the last place it will end up.

The damage control is crazy Sony killed Japan studios sony put 0 money into advertising there games Gravity rush 2 had 0 ads anywhere I saw ads for it on 2 place Toonami and crunchyroll thats it no where else how do you plan you sell 500k copies of a game if the only place you can find it is on two niche platforms. Sony has and had the money to do better I also blame sony for last guardian the jump from ps2 to ps3 in terms of game dev cost was expsensive half the reason why xbox got Japanese games in abundance plus nintendo was the dev cost was either less or they helped fun or pay for it. Sony did neither in fact most devs literally paid out of pocket to make the game and then advertise it. Sony burnt way to many bridges with jp devs and this has been going on since the vita.

Both made it... https://bloodborne.fandom.com/wiki/Bloodborne

Director(s)Hidetaka Miyazaki
Producer(s)Masaaki Yamagiwa,
Jun Yoshino
Composer(s)Ryan Amon, Tsukasa Saitoh, Cris Velasco, Yuka Kitamura, Michael Wandmacher, Nobuyoshi Suzuki

Bottom line.... has Miyazaki and FromSoftware stopped making games for Sony?... No.

Can a Sony Japan producer continue making Bloodborne games with FromSoftware? Yes!.... So what does the closure of Japan Studios' production arm have to do with Bloodborne and any potential sequel?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That's where you're lost son.

We're talking about Japanese games.

So I asked you what JAPANESE games have come out for PC only, because it rarely happens. If no one is willing to fund the game, PC is probably the last place it will end up.

No, once again you’re off track. Here’s my comment in reference to Sony’s Japanese games, which brought unique variety to their lineup.

Broadening your portfolio of Game offerings isn’t “tainting your brand”.

Sony used to at least put out some pretty unique games, but now it’s just Hollywood blockbuster style games. The variety is gone.

You’re the one who brought up those indie games afterwards, which I then replied about.

Now you’re on about Japanese PC games, which by the way do exist. PC is growing in Japan, and the platform sees better Japanese support than PlayStation. You’re ignorant on the matter if you think the only Japanese PC games are AAA. Next time Steam runs a sale from Japanese developers, take a look.

No, once again you’re off track. Here’s my comment in reference to Sony’s Japanese games, which brought unique variety to their lineup.

You’re the one who brought up those indie games afterwards, which I then replied about.

Now you’re on about Japanese PC games, which by the way do exist. PC is growing in Japan, and the platform sees better Japanese support than PlayStation. You’re ignorant on the matter if you think the only Japanese PC games are AAA. Next time Steam runs a sale from Japanese developers, take a look.

Not in all this blubbering you still didn't mention the specific games I asked you to.

You said these games would be made regardless to Sony's involvement. I asked you for examples and your response is. wait for Steam's next sale... lol... great response.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not in all this blubbering you still didn't mention the specific games I asked you to.

You said these games would be made regardless to Sony's involvement. I asked you for examples and your response is. wait for Steam's next sale... lol... great response.

I was referring to the games YOU brought up.

Forget it man, you don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point.

Last edited:

Celine

With the data available with the weekly top 30 by Famitsu one can states that with just the launch week sales Pokemon Scarlet / Violet has outsold the entire annual PlayStation software sales at retail in Japan as November 20th.
I'm not referring just about SIE published games, I mean the whole physical games sales on PS4+PS5 in Japan of 2022 up this pont in time.
It's likely that Nintendo's first-party software (Nintendo+Pokemon Co) will obtain a record high "over 60%" of the software marketshare at retail in Japan during 2022.

Sony Interactive Enterteinment sucks but it's hardly the only one.
Nintendo is simply leagues ahead of everybody else about catering to the japanese consumers' tastes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom