• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

And for all Sony fans getting triggered for nothing, check the twitter trends, 'GodofWar' and 'Horizon' was one the games get talk.

Yoshida at least is talking about Kena.

Solarstrike

"Well Frank, the PS5 seemed to be off to a great launch. Now here, let's see if it can inspire it's 1st party developers to hasten their development and land some games"..

ski-jumping-fail-winter-sports-fails.gif

SSfox

Hermen Hulst what a stupid person, hyping up GOW2 like it's confirmed 2021, while i think that even Horizon 2 won't make it in 2021.

And again, i'm fine with delays, taking your time and polish the games as much as you can i totally respect that, (also nobody want another C2077 situation lol), but shut the fuck up if you're not sure you're releasing the game at that said year. I miss lord Shawn, he was the best.

Last edited:
Lying Jim Ryan and Crooked Herman Hurst have turned this company into a joke. What a mighty fall from the days of e3 2015 and 2016 and all those psx conferences.

At the very least expectations should've made set before the conference. He was out doing interviews just this week. Should've just said that horizon, gt7, ratchet and gow will not be on the show. Or any other AAA next gen game for that matter.
Nah he's clearly monkeying around with this company I mean just yesterday he went on a spree talking about PlayStation games coming to pc which isn't good news for the company and today bring nothing to show For on state of play..

If he was a football coach I can't guarantee he would be packing right now.! THIS

Fake

Hermen Hulst what a stupid person, hyping up GOW2 like it's confirmed 2021, while i think that even Horizon 2 won't make it in 2021.

And again, i'm fine with delays, taking your time and polish the games as much as you can (nobody want antoher C2077 situation lol), but shut the fuck up if you're not sure you're releasing the game at that said year. I miss lord Shawn, he was the best.

Yeah. I starting to think the same about Horizon get moved to 2022.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Man oh man this Is one of the worst If not the worst game shows ever, like literally there was nothing here that deserved a show and it even makes jim Ryan and co look even more retarded. It's like he's intentionally killing playstation.

Now I have even more reasons not to buy a ps5 or any nextgen console it's very sad it feels like nextgen isn't here all we see is backward compatible and crossgen games it's clearly pointless. If this isn't the trend I'll just stick to my PS4 until Jesus comes back.
As technology continues to advance, the jumps will feel smaller. What can a next gen console (9) do that a gen 8 not? It's simply better performance, with the possibility of a higher resolution games, real time raytracing (not really as it tanks performance), quicker loading times, etc. It only makes sense for games to work with previous gen stuff for a while until more customers make the move to newer hardware.

There is very few games being made that actually require the better specs of the new machines. Similarly to how you have recommended specs, and minimum specs. Say your Nvidia 30 series or AMD 6800 series can run a game on ultra at 100+ FPS, your PS5 and Series X can run a game on medium/high at 60 fps, and your PS4 pro and One x can run a game at 30 fps. At the end of the day it's the same game, but with different configurations for the same game.

This also applies to people concerned with games on PC. Previously consoles would have unique architecture, but the big push for the 8th gen was to standardize on PC architecture to reduce not only R&D costs, but make the games easier to make. The effective difference between an Xbox, PS5, and PC are actually very little.

Mentat02

Banned
Microsoft just needs to preview Elden Ring, Starfield, Halo Infinite at their showcase and that would generate a lot of interest. all they need to do is avoid furry indie games.

Last edited:
You guys are crazy. Kena, Deathloop, Returnal and FF7 remake DLC look great. Find another hobby if you're bored with video games.

Oh fuck off !!!

We got Deathloop...again,
We got Kena...again,
We got Abe...again,
Returnal...again,

What was new here? SIFU ? or whatever the fuck that indie game is.

Like these fucking games were already showed off in previous State Of Play's. We know what's coming and we've seen gameplay of these before. Why dedicate half the fucking show to these titles. I'd rather them chat about PSVR for a bit if they don't have anything to new to announce or show off.

You have to be fucking high if you think this was a good show.

Last edited:
Dude, Nintendo owners are playing Bravely Default II tomorrow morning, if they're at 100% on Mario 3D World already. Then Monster Hunter Rise right around the corner. There's a huge list of games for the first 6 months on Switch.

I own a PS5, and I'm waiting to even hear what my next game is. Just been replaying Nioh 2 again.
A 4 years old console vs a 3 month. Good shit sherlock

Elios83

LOL they have been doing State of Plays for two years, you know what to expect.
They're not big conferences meant to showcase new AAA stuff, they're small events focused on updates about soon to be released games.
Big digital events like the ones they did in June and September shows are totally different. They're also called differently ("Future of gaming", "PS5 Digital Showcase Event"). We'll get one in June probably.

Btw many interesting games and PS5 updates even in this SoP.
I like that developers are putting efforts with a few of their PS5 upgrades like Crash Bandicoot (an other game that like Nioh 2 I had in my backlog and now it's finally time to play in the best way on PS5), FF7R seems to be a big upgrade as well (textures, lighting, resolution, 60fps, instant loading) and it's free. I platinumed it and finished it twice but I look forward to play the Yuffie DLC.
Oddworld looked really inspired and it's free on Plus in April.
Kena and Sifu look really promising as well. Deathloop is basically Dishonored+No one Lives Forever and it's really cool as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why do people expect E3 level reveals? Like seriously, those shows tend to float on stuff literally years out from release, and State Of Plays are always focussed on the next few months worth of launches.

I mean I could get behind a sense of disappointment if other platforms were raining product, but they aren't!

Lying Jim Ryan and Crooked Herman Hurst have turned this company into a joke. What a mighty fall from the days of e3 2015 and 2016 and all those psx conferences.
At the very least expectations should've made set before the conference. He was out doing interviews just this week. Should've just said that horizon, gt7, ratchet and gow will not be on the show. Or any other AAA next gen game for that matter.
Nah fam he's said enough he even went on a spree yesterday talking about PlayStation games coming to pc as if that wasn't bad enough he again let an empty show like this happen,

I can bet my top dollar he'd already be sacked if he was a football coach, how he's still on the job is beyond me and god please the excuse isn't covid 19 like they like to put all blames to.

SLB1904

Banned
Oh fuck off !!!

We got Deathloop...again,
We got Kena...again,
We got Abe...again,
Returnal...again,

What was new here? SIFU ? or whatever the fuck that indie game is.

Like these fucking games were already showed off in previous State Of Play's. We know what's coming and we've seen gameplay of these before. Why dedicate half the fucking show to these titles. I'd rather them chat about PSVR for a bit if they don't have anything to new to announce or show off.

You have to be fucking high if you think this was a good show.
Time for another State of Play! This Thursday, a State of Play broadcast will serve up new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase.

what does it say?

SSfox

Yeah. I starting to think the same about Horizon get moved to 2022.
Yeah, 2021 is gonna be Kena, Ratchet and Returnal. Then Horizon 2, GOW2, and GT7 for 2022.

For 2021 looking forward for GG strive and RE8 (and maybe Elden Ring if will release this year), as usual Japan there to save the day.

PS: Surprise there was still no news about TLOU2 online mode.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Why do people expect E3 level reveals? Like seriously, those shows tend to float on stuff literally years out from release, and State Of Plays are always focussed on the next few months worth of launches.

I mean I could get behind a sense of disappointment if other platforms were raining product, but they aren't!

are you really surprised? come on

Fake

Yeah, 2021 is gonna be Kena, Ratchet and Returnal. Then Horizon 2, GOW2, and GT7 for 2022.

For 2021 looking forward for GG strive and RE8 (and maybe Elden Ring if will release this year), as usual Japan there to save the day.

PS: Surprise there was still no news about TLOU2 online mode.

Yeah, looks like Kena is a safe bet for a Next Gen showcase this year, so they can rest easy.

About TLOUS2 online mode I can't say much.

Last edited:

SSfox

Another thing to consider is they may hold back to start showing and revealing dates for some games like gow2 and HZ2 because of the lack of PS5 stocks.

As technology continues to advance, the jumps will feel smaller. What can a next gen console (9) do that a gen 8 not? It's simply better performance, with the possibility of a higher resolution games, real time raytracing (not really as it tanks performance), quicker loading times, etc. It only makes sense for games to work with previous gen stuff for a while until more customers make the move to newer hardware.

There is very few games being made that actually require the better specs of the new machines. Similarly to how you have recommended specs, and minimum specs. Say your Nvidia 30 series or AMD 6800 series can run a game on ultra at 100+ FPS, your PS5 and Series X can run a game on medium/high at 60 fps, and your PS4 pro and One x can run a game at 30 fps. At the end of the day it's the same game, but with different configurations for the same game.

This also applies to people concerned with games on PC. Previously consoles would have unique architecture, but the big push for the 8th gen was to standardize on PC architecture to reduce not only R&D costs, but make the games easier to make. The effective difference between an Xbox, PS5, and PC are actually very little.
Not really a PlayStation 5 isn't some PS4 pro + theres a reason why they spent r&d on that ssd, it's memory game generations are always about memory capacities. What u couldn't do on a ps2 with 32mb u can do on a PS3 with 512mb and so and so now we moved from a 8gb PS4 to a 16gb+ 100s+++ Gb of ssd memory it's why they invested all that silicon in the io architecture it wasn't to just cut loading screens mate it's to make games that where impossible on a PS4. If it wasn't for the ssd then yes there won't be a big graphics leap besides frame rates and resolution but the problem is there are no games made for the ps5 yet there's literally no game made to use the ps5s memory. It's all bc crossgen and enhanced stuff.

reksveks

Horizon FW vs Halo is my November shootout prediction. I don't think you can have Kena as your last exclusive in August.

Roufianos

Yaaawn.

Why do the FF7 devs keep bitching about what a huge task the remake is yet pad the game out with filler and now a DLC expansion?

Another thing to consider is they may hold back to start showing and revealing dates for some games like gow2 and HZ2 because of the lack of PS5 stocks.

THey don't announce release dates until a 3 - 4 months before release. Nothing to do with stock

Last edited:

Dthomp

So after sitting on my thoughts a bit, Sony needs to rebrand these specials. They got our hopes up of seeing something new and exciting. I personally am not much of an "indie" guy so MOST of what I saw was just boring as heck to me, but I watched all the way through because maybe there was something new and cool at the end...Not a DLC for an episodic game to try and take another 40 bucks from people before they try to take another 60-70 for the next "part" of FFVII.

State of Play: Indie Showcase - There, expectations can be set with two simple words tacked to the end. Nobody goes in expecting GOW2, HZD2, Silent Hill, anything from a big company and people like me can just wait til it hits Youtube and skip over the stuff that isn't interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom