• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony suspends all PlayStation sales in Russia over Ukraine war

Tommi84

No new shipments and PSN Store will be unavailable in Russia

A representative for Sony’s video game unit said in a statement on Wednesday that the company has suspended all software and hardware shipments in the country, as well as the launch of new racing title Gran Turismo 7. The PlayStation Store also will no longer be available in Russia.

In addition to that, Sony donated 2million dollars to the charities.
“To support humanitarian aid, Sony Group Corporation announced a $2 million donation to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the international NGO, Save the Children, to support the victims of this tragedy,” the company statement added.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/09/sony-suspends-all-playstation-sales-in-russia-over-ukraine-war.html

Aenima

Good. Was just reading an article 1 hour ago about some of the brands that stoped operating in russia. All russian McDonalds will close temporary. The russian employees will still get paid but the stores will be closed. Other brands like CocaCola, Disney, Apple, Rolex and some more are also stopping operating in russia.

Thief1987

Good, will not have much of an impact, but every initiative counts.

To all the simps "but it hurts the Russian gamers" - according to polls Russian society approves of the "security operation", they can go die in a ditch.
From all of Commonwealth of Independent States only Ukraine has it's own store, all other used russian store, so they also blocked dozen neighboor countries for the company.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FNcSfIwUUAItvL9

Update, the yare halting their activicties.

gow3isben

Ignoring Uyghur ignoring Palestine ignoring all those wars US launched in the middle east under similarly stupid pretense.

So hypocritical.

I hate what Russia is doing as well. The response from all these corporations is just highly hypocritical and they are all jumping in on the social brownie points at minimal financial cost.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ignoring Uyghur ignoring Palestine ignoring all those wars US launched in the middle east under similarly stupid pretense.

So hypocritical.

I hate what Russia is doing as well. The response from all these corporations is just highly hypocritical and they are all jumping in on the social brownie points at minimal financial cost.
True.

But to be fair, there is a difference between government going after it's own people (which a lot of countries do), and a country trying to take over another with full scale military including troops, tanks and bombs.

True.

But to be fair, there is a difference between government going after it's own people (which a lot of countries do), and a country trying to take over another with full scale military including troops, tanks and bombs.
and do not forget eradicating civilians just because. Are Russian gamers collateral damage? Sadly, yes.

So hypocritical.

What else can be done to Russia? European countries won't attack, same as the USA. I do not think they all want a beautiful plutonium green country. I do not excuse any of them for the terrible acts they have done in the past. At this time there is one guy who won't back down because he already lost (in this war Putin is no winner either way). There is more to lose if he gets what he wants easily. Sadly just people will pay the price.

gow3isben

What else can be done to Russia? European countries won't attack, same as the USA. I do not think they all want a beautiful plutonium green country. I do not excuse any of them for the terrible acts they have done in the past. At this time there is one guy who won't back down because he already lost (in this war Putin is no winner either way). There is more to lose if he gets what he wants easily. Sadly just people will pay the price.

I am not saying what they are doing is wrong.

I just wish they do the same shit in other cases as well. Russia deserves it and so does Israel etc.

Kerotan

Good to see
Another positive is this will slightly ease supply elsewhere. Hopefully Japan gets the stock.

All electronic and car manufacturers have nothing to lose by boycotting Russia. With the global shortage they won't be losing sales while hurting the Russian government.

Were you expecting Jim Ryan to pick up a rifle or something?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Oh.....I'm sure he is right behind Phil Spencer and whoever is leading Nintendo these days.
I think he's implying this is "woke" or something. Which is dumb, obviously.

Obviously, this doesn't end the war or stop Russia. But, it is still the right thing to do.

Topher

Gold Member
I think he's implying this is "woke" or something. Which is dumb, obviously.

Obviously, this doesn't end the war or stop Russia. But, it is still the right thing to do.

Perhaps. Cuz if this is about bravery then I'll need selfies of SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo on the front lines in the Ukraine.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, not arguing with extremists. Situation is bad already as it is.
Ignored.

There was nothing extremist about what I said and you know it. Any effort made against Russian aggression is a good effort. It is frankly pathetic that you mock those who do more than you will ever do.

Ignored in return. I'll ignore this entire thread as well. Back to video games.

Last edited:

CuNi

Were you expecting Jim Ryan to pick up a rifle or something?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Oh.....I'm sure he is right behind Phil Spencer and whoever is leading Nintendo these days.

Honestly, that's a war show I'd watch.
"The big 3!" on Netflix later this year!

93xfan

Banned

So hypocritical.

Lost me at Palestine. Let’s not pretend Palestine doesnt allow Hamas to launch missiles into Israel, support families of people who kill Israeli soldiers, use people to protect their missiles, threaten journalists, organize ways to lie and gain sympathy when they hurt others, have schools that teach that Jews and Israelis are the enemy, etc.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Good. Hopefully all these sanctions and these companies pulling out of Russia will turn the Russian people against Putin.

Allandor

This was expected as they can't even pay without Swift and the other sanctions.
Also there are plans for their own closed internet in russia so it is only a matter of time before even PSN is no longer available.

Top Bottom