• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Wants To Grow PlayStation By Making Xbox Smaller, Phil Spencer Says

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Other reasons I hate Sony:

-Microsoft approached Sony for cross multiplayer and they were barred from it.
-Yoshi-P wanted to put bring Final Fantasy 14 to future Xbox consoles but can't.

You should really hate the right company for this, and that company is Microsoft:

levyjl1988

Banned
Well, it's Final Fantasy, it seems like a franchise not worth checking out I guess. I don't think I'm missing much anyways.
I haven't played the God of War franchise, I think I saw a bit of gameplay, but not something I would find myself liking. It's fine if I miss Sony Playstation games, it's not life-changing at all.
I've seen some of the directions Sony is going with and it all feels too woke for me.

Aaron Olive

On the next episode of Phil Spencer Says....

Seriously I hope the FTC put their foot in Microsoft ass, the stupid shit they be saying.

1. They fucked up Halo
2. Canceled Scalebound
3. Had minority stake in Bizarre Creations didn't repurpose them, I Loved Project Gotham.
4. Mismanagement of Lionhead Studios, I Loved Fable.
5. 2013 TV, TV, TV "we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected; it's called Xbox 360."
6. They done went and pissed off IGN's Ryan McCaffery....Damn, Where are your fucking Games Phil?
7. And now Phil trying to blame Sony because of their own internal ineptitude, the list goes on of them putting their foot in their mouth, all the stupid things they doing may be used against them in court.

The Xbox division are like privileged frat boys from a movie we’ve all seen before, rich but dumb.

We just spent $77.2 Billion more than our competitors market value but we’re the victims derp derp.
alan-grant-jurassic-park.gif

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
lol & who's fault is that Brad?
I don't think he's blaming Sony on that statement. Their literally owning the mistakes they've made in the past by working to remedy that issue now. Again, people seem to be upset that Microsoft has and is using one of their strengths to better the Xbox ecosystem and give them a better competitive edge in the games industry.

Not having enough exclusives was a business decision. So is working to fix the problem with this merger.

Starting in 2016, Tencent Games developed a video gaming console dubbed TGP (Tencent Gaming Platform) Box. The TGP BOX is called the Blade. It is an Intel-powered console running Windows 10 and a TGP Box mode. So far, the TGP console has imported many Tencent games, such as League of Legends, FIFA Online 3, NBA 2K, Monster Hunter, Need for Speed, and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Tencent Games hopes to bring third-party developed games.[19] On 22 November 2017, Tencent Games formally entered into a strategic co-operation with PUBG Studios and obtain exclusive rights to operate Playerunknown's Battlegrounds in China.

In April 2017, Tencent Games unveiled its flagship gaming platform, WeGame which will host games, content, and services from all over the world and will provide gaming info, purchases, downloads, live streaming, and community services, creating an open ecosystem for gaming. WeGame is an upgraded version of TGP (Tencent Games Platform) that already has more than 200 million active users (compared to Steam's 125 million in 2015) and over 4.5 billion downloads. It will be dedicated to both global developers and players and will assist developers who require help with translation. The gaming platform will support both Chinese and global users through a single storefront and is due to go online on 1 September 2017, Tencent Games has stated that the platform will focus on PC and standalone games and will no longer host web or mobile games, and will provide support to small and indie companies.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I guess you don't like being called a bot, well don't behave like a bot and nobody will call you one.
Using language such as Xbot or Pony does nothing but antagonize and lower the general quality of the discussion. It's low effort shit posting. I would expect better from an adult.

Admittedly, I shouldn't have responded with a shit post in turn, but that's what happens when troll bait is offered up on a discussion board.

Edit: it's also not a good look, and generally, the offending party ends up looking immature.

Last edited:
Using language such as Xbot or Pony does nothing but antagonize and lower the general quality of the discussion. It's low effort shit posting. I would expect better from an adult.

Admittedly, I shouldn't have responded with a shit post in turn, but that's what happens when troll bait is offered up on a discussion board.

Edit: it's also not a good look, and generally, the offending party ends up looking immature.
It's a sign that the person name calling has no good argument and has to resort to ad hominems instead of logical reasonable points. It's probably best to just not engage with those people at all. It just shows you had the better argument the whole time.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They have money but are incompetent. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thats not whats going on. What it shows is honestly going to weigh in MS favor if it ever comes up in court. We know sales on MS consoles are less than Sony consoles. So the structural dynamic in play in this market is that the dominant company has to pay less money to get a third party exclusive while also enjoying market dominance. Covering the money lost on Xbox is far cheaper than covering all the sales lost on PS. Less cost for a third party exclusive means you afford to get more third party exclusives. Over time doing this repeatedly literally shrinks the size of any of your competitors who are forced to pay 10x more for less, while consumers are trained to not expect the games on Xbox in the first place. This is the JRPG argument. They've basically had the JRPG market for Xbox gamers shrunk with targeted denial of the games to the point that no one expects them on there anyway now.

MS deciding its a better investment to own their own publishers instead of playing a lopsided bidding war that is stacked against them makes perfect sense.

Coconutt

Own a PC PS5 and Switch and looking for any reason to buy an Xbox but still can't find one, no exclusives that are drawing me in and TGS did not change that opinion. Phil really needs that Call of Duty and this is a shitty argument from him.

REDRZA MWS

Activision market cap right now is 58 billion.

Imagine spending 70 billion dollars to buy a company that would probably be worth 32 billion post pandemic... and will be worth even less when you take into account the trade off of increased revenue but lost revenue in royalties and lost sales on PS consoles. Let's not get into if Sony puts money into a COD killer.
The only Sony shooter I want is SOCOM.

Top Bottom