• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

Kokoloko85

Nobody with a good enough PC to run these modern games well is buying 3rd party games on consoles. The only downside is the hurt feelings of brand warriors and their lists.

Im talking about people who migrate from PS5 to PC like me. The money Sony makes from 3rd party will be lost, which is where most there profits come from

Kokoloko85

They would be smarter to buy the game on PC, where it will always be readily available and playable. Unlike those thousands you spent on PS3 that are locked down to die on PS3.
Had they been on PC they’d still be readily available to buy and play.

Im just talking about all the 1st party and 3rd party games Ive bought since PS3/PS4/PS5, would now go to steam instead. Not talking about locked down or whats smarter lol. Im saying Sony would lose money from people migrating to PC in the long run. Well it depends what outweighs what tbh

VAVA Mk2

A44AfeXCEAA6rot.jpg
No just stating a lot of devs released some shit this year. Incomplete games full of bugs.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Not sure anyone recalls but I have said before that we had our regular group of people sitting in Discord and Mike said a few times Sony fucked up putting too much effort into that SSD and in the end wouldn't make any difference compared to the Xbox SSD

I think we are waaay too early in this gen to even get close to saying this.

FingerBang

Not sure anyone recalls but I have said before that we had our regular group of people sitting in Discord and Mike said a few times Sony fucked up putting too much effort into that SSD and in the end wouldn't make any difference compared to the Xbox SSD
That's because the jump from HDD to SSD is huge, regardless of specs. Every technological improvement after that (like going from pcie3 to 4) is just incremental.
I don't think we've seen what can be done taking advantage of an SSD that fast yet.

That said, it was Sony's marketing response to Xbox 12TFLOPS. It turns out the two consoles are pretty much the same in power, with both pros and cons

Top Bottom