• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Souls-like Game ‘Witch of Oblivion’ Announced

Tasto Alpha has announced its Witch of Oblivion, a witch of Souls-like game. This title follows the protagonist, Lyva, as she discovers the secrets of her lost memories, makes choices to shape her world, and makes multiple choices that lead to several possible endings. A PC release is planned for an unknown date.

Combat utilizes fire spells, and they can be combined to outmaneuver foes. Plus, melee combat via Lyva’s staves is possible. The environment dynamically evolves, with the forest regenerating each day. The enemies, layout, dungeon, and loot locations also alter across each run, instilling rouge-lie properties.

The Cauldron of Chaos is used to make new gear at the cost of materials and gems. The active and passive varieties of gems encourage player individuality. Online leaderboards comparing your achievements with those of other players will be available, too.

I have to say, the main character looks quite lovely. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

lpNdjAA.gif

27rENMk.gif

Dark Souls is probably my favorite game of all time and even I'm fucking sick of "Souls-likes". Copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, shit is played out.

Souls-Likes really are the home for creatively bankrupt developers...

Also, boring waifu-bait protagonist. They need to find a way to sell the game in a sea of mediocre and derivative Souls-Likes, I guess...

SkylineRKR

Most soulslikes I have played are shit. And some other games chase its mechanics for no reason, being better off without it.

Top Bottom