• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Bomber; one of the weirdest games I've ever played...and other weird gaming memories

VGEsoterica

Weird is subjective; what I think is odd you might think is normal and vise versa...but when it comes to Space Bomber...its just straight up WEIRD.

Psiyko would make some oddball games now and again but Space Bomber takes the gold medal. Trying to even describe the game is an exercise in futility. It's a shmup, you have to save the President (or maybe you ARE the president? lol)...and it has pigs, monkeys with symbols, and other VERY weird enemies. Throw in some aliens, some sentient circles with eyes that ride around in rocket ships made out of trash cans and one very entertaining soundtrack...and you have like 10% of what Space Bomber has to offer.

Good thing it's a legit good shmup (it is Psiyko after all) with some interesting mechanics outside of being WEIRD AF.

Curious Gaf...ever play Space Bomber? Or what is that one "WEIRD with a capital W" game you love and want to recommend? Because I need more weird in my life

efGFdpQ.jpg

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've never heard of this but there have been a couple of Psikyo collections recently on PSN. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom