• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 - Skulls Showcase Gameplay Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 Introduces its Bone-Chilling Tyranid Hordes During the Skulls Showcase Following Games Workshop’s Skulls Showcase earlier today, Focus Entertainment and Saber Interactive are thrilled to showcase brand new glimpses of gameplay for their upcoming action-packed blockbuster Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, coming soon to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Hosted by Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun’s lead actor and Warhammer superfan Rahul Kohli, the event has given players their very first look at the Tyranid onslaught they will be facing at release. Watch today’s video and discover it for yourself! Play as the greatest warriors of the Imperium Embody a Space Marine of the Ultramarines Chapter, a superhuman warrior who protects humanity from untold horrors, in brutally efficient third-person action powered by the distinctively fast and fluid gameplay experience from best-in-class studio Saber Interactive, - the team and engine behind World War Z. Grab the best Warhammer games at a discount Games Workshop’s Skulls festival is the place for all Warhammer fans to grab their new favorite titles at up to 85% off. Once again, Focus is participating with a wide range of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 games like Necromunda: Hired Gun, Necromunda: Underhive Wars, Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition, Space Hulk: Tactics, the Battlefleet Gothic Armada series and Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground! It even features Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun released 2 days ago. Pre-order the Collector’s Edition today Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2’s Collector Edition includes: - The game on the platform of your choice, with the Macragge’s Chosen DLC! - A hand-painted, 21-cm resin statuette of Lieutenant Titus fighting a Tyranid - The art and making of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, a 64-page hardcover book - A Steelbook®

MiguelItUp

This is the same amount of footage they showed last time, roughly. I feel like we'll see more at Summer Game Fest. I'm hoping it lands really well, loved the first game.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Animated GIF

God it looks great. The OG was so much goddamn fun.

I actually hope they retcon the Orc Warboss to make a re-appearance. He was the unsung hero of the original hahaha. SCCCHHHHHHHPAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE MAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Looks fantastic. But.......damn, I wish it was some other faction than Ultramarines.

They had some cool reskin mods for the original if you're on PC that looked legit.

But yeah overall agree, it would be cool if the story actually followed some different chapters. I like Titus a lot but hopefully the game does really well and they keep exploring the universe with some new characters.

Topher

Gold Member
They had some cool reskin mods for the original if you're on PC that looked legit.

But yeah overall agree, it would be cool if the story actually followed some different chapters. I like Titus a lot but hopefully the game does really well and they keep exploring the universe with some new characters.

What I want is a Space Marine game that follows the Dark Angels story line. By far the most interesting chapter, imo.

Cant wait, i really hope we get to fight more factions than just tyranids.

I'd love to see some Necrons.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've always wanted to play the first game, I think I even own it via Epic Games. Will definitely check it out before this releases.

YuLY

God...I wish this would sell well, would love to go against Necrons on a tomb world, or against the Tau....This universe is so awesome but we only explore it in indies or turn based stuff.

Braag

I'm hyped, first game was so much fun. It's a shame they didn't get Mark Strong for the sequel, the new VA is okay.

Looks fantastic. But.......damn, I wish it was some other faction than Ultramarines.
Cant wait, i really hope we get to fight more factions than just tyranids.
I could be wrong, but I think they want to promote the 10th edition that's coming out and that seems to be heavily Tyranid focused.

The game looks amazing to me, probably one of my most anticipated titles. I hope they nail it.

Kacho

Gold Member
I love the excessive amounts of blood. Looks like how violence in video games SHOULD look. IMO

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I could be wrong, but I think they want to promote the 10th edition that's coming out and that seems to be heavily Tyranid focused.

The game looks amazing to me, probably one of my most anticipated titles. I hope they nail it.

Didn't think about that, but yeah you are probably right. Now......imagine if they could work Lion El'Jonson's return into the story somehow.

Chris Pratt Mind Blown GIF by Omaze

Kuranghi

Gameplay looks...fine?

I'm less excited for it now, the gameplay looks slow (but without massive impact to accompany a low speed) and almost stilted in many parts, would like to see a more constant stream of gameplay before I write it off though. The beasties flying around look excellent and the overall fidelity is great but didn't really light my world on fire.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I enjoyed the first game, though it's not something I would ever think to revisit. I hope it's not as hyper-linear, gaming has advanced a lot since then.

Kadve

I'm less excited for it now, the gameplay looks slow (but without massive impact to accompany a low speed) and almost stilted in many parts, would like to see a more constant stream of gameplay before I write it off though. The beasties flying around look excellent and the overall fidelity is great but didn't really light my world on fire.
The game is slated to arrive "this fiscal year" So plenty of time to polish things up hopefully. Unless the whole Russian situation worsens and Saber St Petersburg becomes a victim...

Also this is built in the WW: Z (Swarm) engine. Not sure how flexible it is regarding making a game like this. Though it probably explains why they chose Tyranids as your primary enemy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom