• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain is different (politics, I need to vent hardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitecrow

Banned
If mods feel like this thread is not appropiate, feel free to close, but I need to write this off of my chest.

I just... cant. I need like truckloads full of copium.

For those who dont know, here in Spain we have the so called Ministry of Equality, which basically, under the flag of 'protecting the woman', are putting out the worst bullshit propaganda everyone and their mother in my closest circle are falling for.

The minister is Irene Montero. This lady has some achievements since she entered the congress after eating the dick of the party leader.

1. She have the achievement os presenting the worst written law the politics had to read and everyone laughted at.
2. She said in the congress, that she and the feminism will continue to defend the 'protecting mothers'... as an answer when asked for replies to a case when a mother assasinated her 6 year old girl (after 28 trials with the father from false accusations from her to him), which obviosly proves that she is no more than a scratched CD playing in a loop calling everything sexist.
3. Made another law triggered by certain rape case. That law now has lots of attorneys asking for sentence reductions of rapists because, again, the law is poorly made. Before the law was accepted, everyone adverted this could happen, but they were called sexists and misogynists and all that crap. Now that it is indeed happening, they are called that, again. And also, that Minister, which is here thanks to a dick, tells the judges from the state, who have far more education that she can even think of, to get educated on gender perspective.
4. The ministry spent hundreds of thousands of euros in a spot, which are quotes from various celebrities, totally taken out of context, just to pretend that there's indeed sexism. Those quotes can be easily debunked.
5. One bakery in barcelone has been fined for 7500 euros because when looking for an employee, in the description they didnt use inclusive language.
6. Now, the state's extreme left TV channel, La Sexta, put up an article on their website, calling for 'sexists cardiac arrests' (https://www.lasexta.com/bienestar/s...corazon_20221124637f6656bef62f00011c45bd.html)

I literally cannot believe what is happening right now. And as I've said, almost everyone I know in persone is falling for this crap the ministry and La Sexta are putting out.. And I think this will have terrible consecuences in the future. And I'm afraid loneliness is all that awaits me for having this opinion.
But not also that, being feminisim a word in everyone's mouth, being in the middle of this moral and ideologic war, and being it so easy to reduce the value of a person to a matter of being pro or anti feminism, leaves me in a true depressing state.

And is getting worse everyday because everyday some new unbeliavable bullshit arises.

What a time to be alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom