• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain top selling games of November

aries_71

Not surprising. FIFA is god. Probably those FIFA numbers are an order of magnitude above the second entry in the list.

Also, Spain is Sonyland and the term "Playstation" is synonym of console. To the point that the Xbox Series X is called the "Black Playstation". In the PS3 era the 360 was called the "White Playstation".

Last edited:

Esppiral

Not surprising. FIFA is god. Probably those FIFA numbers are an order of magnitude above the second entry in the list.

Also, Spain is Sonyland and the term "Playstation" is synonym of console. To the point that the Xbox Series X is called the "Black Playstation". In the PS3 era the 360 was called the "White Playstation".

I am Spanish mysef and I've never EVER heard someone calling the xbox 360 the white playstation, nor the black playstation to the Xbox one lol.

Huh, so it’s a bit like ‘The Nintendo‘ thing with the older generation in America, where any console that played games were just: ‘The Nintendo’.

aries_71

I am Spanish mysef and I've never EVER heard someone calling the xbox 360 the white playstation, nor the black playstation to the Xbox one lol.
Yes, believe me, in the PS360 it was very common. It usually went as in "no jodas, te han comprado la Play blanca? Pobre hombre, lo siento".

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yes, believe me, in the PS360 it was very common. It usually went as in "no jodas, te han comprado la Play blanca? Pobre hombre, lo siento".
You sure that's not a local thing? Never heard of it.

Esppiral

Pretty sure is local thing, actually the 360 era is the first time ever people choose the Xbox over the Playstation. and no one called it " La Play Blanca"/The white Playstation lol.

At the time I knew more people with an Xbox 360 than a Ps3....

Last edited:

aries_71

Huh, so it’s a bit like ‘The Nintendo‘ thing with the older generation in America, where any console that played games were just: ‘The Nintendo’.
Because you haven't heard the parents that bought these things. For them there were two playstations, a white one and black one, one cheaper than the other. :messenger_grinning:

aries_71

Pretty sure is local thing, actually the 360 era is the first time ever people choose the Xbox over the Playstation. and no one called it " La Play Blanca"/The white Playstation lol.

At the time I knew more people with an Xbox 360 than a Ps3....
My wife works at the Corte Inglés. If she had a euro for every time a parent asked her for a Play blanca, instead of a 360, we would be retired. Xbox was simply not a recognized brand outside a certain age group.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My wife works at the Corte Inglés. If she had a euro for every time a parent asked her for a Play blanca, instead of a 360, we would be retired. Xbox was simply not a recognized brand outside a certain age group.
Fair enough. In that case I guess it's more of a parents thing than what an actual fan of videogames could say.

Yeah but what about their top selling paella's brand?!
Leave that for the summer with a cold beer. Now it's the time for the gachas manchegas. :messenger_sunglasses:

Osea el hijo va y le dice a la madre "quiero una xbox" y va la madre al Corte Ingles y dice "dame una play blanca"

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

No lo se Rick....
Igual el niño no ha dicho ná y es la madre que quiere tener un detalle...

That said I never heard of that either from anyone, be it a gamer or a parent... but I also don't talk with a lot of parents.

GymWolf

Fair enough. In that case I guess it's more of a parents thing than what an actual fan of videogames could say.

Leave that for the summer with a cold beer. Now it's the time for the gachas manchegas. :messenger_sunglasses:

Igual el niño no ha dicho ná y es la madre que quiere tener un detalle...

That said I never heard of that either from anyone, be it a gamer or a parent... but I also don't talk with a lot of parents.
Gachas what?

Esppiral

Osea el hijo va y le dice a la madre "quiero una xbox" y va la madre al Corte Ingles y dice "dame una play blanca"

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

No lo se Rick....
rick-falso.gif

aries_71

Of course, who do you think ends up buying these things for the masses that play FIFA? :) The super-specialized Neogaf gamer that discusses ROP units in the GPU? Nope. Those beings called parents.

And for the run-of-the-mill Spanish mother/father, there were two plays. A white one cheaper than the other, but runs FIFA no problem. So, "mira niño, los reyes te han traído la play blanca y el FIFA".

TintoConCasera

Gachas what?
"Gachas" is the dish. "Manchegas" since they are from "La Mancha"

It's basically a mush with chorizo (similar to a sausage, but with a stronger flavor) and panceta (kinda like bacon).

Look it up. The look might not sell but trust me, it's delicious.

GymWolf

"Gachas" is the dish. "Manchegas" since they are from "La Mancha"

It's basically a mush with chorizo (similar to a sausage, but with a stronger flavor) and panceta (kinda like bacon).

Look it up. The look might not sell but trust me, it's delicious.
We have pancetta in italy aswell.

I visited spain many times, i kinda like their cousine.

Arioco

But she gasps in Spain's native tounge.

Yes, that's true, but people gasp in Spanish in 20 countries. Besides, her accent when gasping sound totally different from Spain, which is the country we're talking about.

To the point: use a gif of Antonio Banderas and leave Soraya alone, for fuck's sake.

Because you haven't heard the parents that bought these things. For them there were two playstations, a white one and black one, one cheaper than the other. :messenger_grinning:
LOL I don’t doubt that, it’s just from people outside of gaming looking in and being confused as fuck🤣.

Doesn’t help that Microsoft famously doesn’t know how to count: Windows version numbers, Xbox console name numbers lol.

Last edited:
I guess it’s the online keeping GTA V in lists, since it takes them 400 years to make the next game. I liked GTA V, but, wow even being in a top 10 selling list in 2021.

yurinka

Gachas what?

Gachas manchegas (tier C Spanish dish):
d252f8b5-c350-4679-8731-c4b46f52ad91.jpg

Gachas japonesas:
A5E33EBF11A052_1_1000.webp

Yep, here in Spain non-gamer people did call any console "a Nintendo" until PS1 become super popular. Since then they call them 'a PlayStation'.

It wasn't the case for portables, people did call PSP "a Game Boy" even if PSP was very popular here but I don't think the PSP name got popular for other portables.

Also, Spain is Sonyland and the term "Playstation" is synonym of console.
Yep

To the point that the Xbox Series X is called the "Black Playstation". In the PS3 era the 360 was called the "White Playstation".
Never heard about it.

Last edited:

reksveks

Week 47, 2021
Hardware
Switch: 35.000 (27.000 Standard* | 6.000 OLED | 2.000 Lite)
*23.000 Pack Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + On-Line
PS5: 5.000
XBS: 4.000 (15:1 S|X)
Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda: 2.500 / 25.000
Meta Quest: >1.000

Week 48, 2021
Hardware:
Switch: 17.800
PS5: 5.350
XBS: 2.150 (1.900 S | 250 X)
PS4: 250
XBO: 13

What was/is the historical ratio?

Omali

I love how this exact same statement is made in every single individual country sales thread.
People not being able to comprehend how others don't share their taste in games is like Neogaf's second highest export.

MrA

Banned
How is it possible to have such bad taste within an entire nation ?
The only country that's not being dominated by sports cod gta is Japan but then they buy momotaro dentetsu in drove and stupid train pun or not thats not much better
Casual mainstream audience aren't niche enthusiasts in any thing

ParaSeoul

The playstation thing extends to most of the world,my grandma will even call my laptop a playstation

ParaSeoul

The only country that's not being dominated by sports cod gta is Japan but then they buy momotaro dentetsu in drove and stupid train pun or not thats not much better
Casual mainstream audience aren't niche enthusiasts in any thing
Call of duty,fifa and pes all sell really well in Japan so I don't know what you're talking about.

Esppiral

Week 47, 2021
Hardware

Week 48, 2021
Hardware:

Those Xbox numbers surprise me tbh.

Week 47, 2021
Hardware

Week 48, 2021
Hardware:

Why such big drop off for Switch? supply issues?

Fare thee well

Neophyte
So basically the most commonly popular games possible? I bet it doesn't vary much, country to country, unless you start getting into Japan, China, or Korea.

Top Bottom