• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain top selling games of November

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
All platforms
  1. FIFA 22 (PS4)
  2. Pokémon Diamond (Nintendo Switch)
  3. Pokémon Pearl (Nintendo Switch)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
  5. FIFA 22 (Nintendo Switch)
  6. Call of Duty: Vanguard (PS4)
  7. Just Dance 2022 (Nintendo Switch)
  8. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo Switch)
  9. Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo Switch)
  10. Call of Duty: Vanguard (PS5)
PlayStation 5
  1. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  2. FIFA 22
  3. Battlefield 2042
  4. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
PlayStation 4
  1. FIFA 22
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  4. The Last of Us Parte II
  5. Battlefield 2042
Xbox Series
  1. Forza Horizon 5
  2. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  3. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  4. Far Cry 6
  5. Battlefield 2042
Xbox One
  1. FIFA 22
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Battlefield 2042
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Forza Horizon 4
Nintendo Switch
  1. Pokémon Diamond
  2. Pokémon Pearl
  3. FIFA 22
  4. Just Dance 2022
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
PC
  1. Football Manager 2022
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. FIFA 22
  4. Farming Simulator 22
  5. Prince of Persia

ACESHIGH

Banned
I don't get why FH5 is not a top seller on Xbox one for some reason. Game still look and plays great, plus free BC down the line when you upgrade to the series console.

Markio128

Paola Bracho Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Papacheeks

Banned
I don't get why FH5 is not a top seller on Xbox one for some reason. Game still look and plays great, plus free BC down the line when you upgrade to the series console.

Why buy the game when its free on Gamepass?

This is the bigger talking point. As they had a record of players on Forza a month ago, so it doesnt equate to sales since everyone who has an xbox series more than likely has gamepass. ANd those who are on xbox one either have gamepass or are waiting until they get a new console which is harder to get a series x because of stock issues.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Yep, its fifa, guessed it before i even enter this thread.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
People who are surprised by fifa, its because its the most popular sport in Europe. Every kid wants to play as their team. So its not surprise that fifa sells alot.

People who are surprised by fifa, its because its the most popular sport in Europe. Every kid wants to play as their team. So its not surprise that fifa sells alot.
Im not surprised by FIFA im surprised by FIFA on Switch. Its selling at 30 euros i suppose thats why...

ACESHIGH

Banned
The list is trash, but lets not act as if the rest of Europe are some gaming connosieurs. FIFA and the rest of generic AAA games are going to be up there. Its not like Gothic 1 and 2 sell millions each month in Germany or the Witcher games sell more than FIFA in Poland.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I think it's funny that the picture shows people with a handful of Xbox 360 games and Xbox 360 games are mentioned in the article.

360 and 3DS still kicking in Spain

Last edited:

reksveks

This is the bigger talking point. As they had a record of players on Forza a month ago, so it doesnt equate to sales since everyone who has an xbox series more than likely has gamepass. ANd those who are on xbox one either have gamepass or are waiting until they get a new console which is harder to get a series x because of stock issues.
I am confused is the premise that a larger % of xbox series users has gamepass than xbox one users. How does that effect the game sales? Decrease it?

Think xbox games that don't have a specific sku is just getting put into the xbox series chart

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Basically this + the fact that most gamers videogame enjoyers over here just like casual games like FIFAs, CODs, etc.

I don't know where this has come from but it's a misconception that he likes of FIFA and COD are "casual" games. The skill ceiling for those games is quite high.

Just because they have wide appeal and are accessible and enjoyable for players of all skill levels it doesn't make them casual.

Fbh

I'm actually curious why Fifa didn't make into the top 5 on the Xbox Series consoles when it's the best selling game on Xbox One and it's also in the top 3 of every other platform

It's physical sales. Most Series consoles in Spain don't have a disc drive.

FH5 is the best selling Forza game ever, at least in the US. I assume worldwide too.

I'm actually curious why Fifa didn't make into the top 5 on the Xbox Series consoles when it's the best selling game on Xbox One and it's also in the top 3 of every other platform

Fifa doesn’t break the top 5 on Series consoles and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is number 3….we are in bizarro world.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

In that case, why does Microsoft even bother allowing people the option to buy first party titles? Might as well force them to subscribe to Gamepass.

However......

There are people who prefer to own their games rather than renting them.

The game isn't "free" on GP because you still have to pay a monthly subscription.

Some people only play a handful of games per year, so for them GP isn't value for money. They'ed prefer to buy the games they want to play.

GP is great, but it's also great that people who aren't interested in a subscription service have the option to buy the game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't know where this has come from but it's a misconception that he likes of FIFA and COD are "casual" games. The skill ceiling for those games is quite high.

Just because they have wide appeal and are accessible and enjoyable for players of all skill levels it doesn't make them casual.
You are totally right. Thing is, when I think about a game being "casual", I tend to think more of it's public than in the game itself.

I might be wrong yeah, but that's how my brian works.

Reactions: GHG

Papacheeks

Banned
It's physical sales. Most Series consoles in Spain don't have a disc drive.

FH5 is the best selling Forza game ever, at least in the US. I assume worldwide too.

Looking at the charts for other countries outside of USA it's hard to see the break down. USA seems to be where Forza has done best, second market is UK.

I am confused is the premise that a larger % of xbox series users has gamepass than xbox one users. How does that effect the game sales? Decrease it?

Think xbox games that don't have a specific sku is just getting put into the xbox series chart

I don't think its a large margin, but there are people who wait until they have their new console to play the games they want or expierence them in the best light. Having gamepass makes that less of a barrier for sure, but I know sales charts for Miles morales majority of sales in the charts after release are PS5 version.

And those games pop up on the charts when ever there's stock in PS5's.

Thats all I was saying.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Im not surprised by FIFA im surprised by FIFA on Switch. Its selling at 30 euros i suppose thats why...
Its because handle held. It's very good way to play fifa matches, while in the bus ride. Europe does alot of train ride, and a fifa on a switch is a great trip for Europeans.

EA did a good job porting it to switch, because that is good way to get more customers.

kingfey

Banned
Looking at the charts for other countries outside of USA it's hard to see the break down. USA seems to be where Forza has done best, second market is UK.
Xbox is still suffering from Xbox one downfall.
I expect this to be the case for 3-5 years.
They need to gain the good will of the casuals, who are currently in love with the ps4, and will potentially buy ps5, when its available.

kingfey

Banned
Like is nobody going to point out that Prince of Persia is just randomly on that list for no reason?
That is a classic game. And pc players love old games. Sadly you don't get these chances on cconsoles.

People would have bought old classics for their new console, if it was available.

ParaSeoul

Seems in line with what most casual gamers buy,I don't think Americans understand how big of a deal FIFA is in the rest of the world.

MOTM

Banned
FH4 probably on heavy sale or something, like on Steam which made it shoot up on the charts despite FH5 just releasing.

Last edited:

yurinka

I think some people don't use the word casual properly.

Casual games are those with very simple controls and mechanics and a super low skill needed to play, designed to be enjoyed by a wide range of demographics, specially to appeal and be understood by those who never played videogames. Like a match 3 for phones like Candy Crush, a dancing/singing game like Singstar or Just Dance, and stuff like that.

FIFA or CoD aren't casual at all. They have complex controls and mechanics and require high skill to play, plus a minimum of gaming culture knowledge and to invest several hours on this game or in previous relatively similar ones. Casual players often see an issue using a gamepad and a lot of buttons.

I think some people don't use the word casual properly.

Casual games are those with very simple controls and mechanics and a super low skill needed to play, designed to be enjoyed by a wide range of demographics, specially to appeal and be understood by those who never played videogames. Like a match 3 for phones like Candy Crush, a dancing/singing game like Singstar or Just Dance, and stuff like that.

FIFA or CoD aren't casual at all. They have complex controls and mechanics and require high skill to play, plus a minimum of gaming culture knowledge and to invest several hours on this game or in previous relatively similar ones. Casual players often see an issue using a gamepad and a lot of buttons.
Probably one of the dumbest things i've ever seen on the internet.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Xbox/PS USA ranking
1. COD
2. FIFA
3. GTA
4-10 more shooters, Ass Creed, baseball, occasional Sony or MS game

Xbox/PS Europe ranking
1. FIFA
2. COD
3. GTA
4-10 more shooters, Ass Creed, racing game, occasional Sony or MS game