• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spain] Weekly console sales (constantly updated) | GSD/GFK data from Vandal.net via Ruben Mercado

R0EFQUj.png

Source:
Spain Sales - Vandal.net : Archive | ResetEra

2021YTD sales (end of June)
Switch: 150,000 units
PS5: 100,000 units
Xbox Series: 25,000 units
Sales Spain: Alex Kidd beats Mario Golf (gamereactor.es)

LTD sales
Ps5: 200,000 units
Xbox Series X: 35,000 units
Xbox Series S: 25,000 units
Sales Spain: 200,000 PS5 sold, which triples xbox series (gamereactor.es)

disclaimer:
Weekly sales might not be 100% accurate for any given week, because of reporting differences or other factors like rounding.
Especially the Xbox Series sales are to low if we take LTD milestones into account.
PS5 fits for LTD, but not YTD. Switch seems accurate YTD

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Interesting, seems there is a fluctuation on PS5 sales between week 11 and week 23, perhaps its supply issue?

Interesting, seems there is a fluctuation on PS5 sales between week 11 and week 23, perhaps its supply issue?

PS5 supply in Q2 this year is really bad. Especially April and May. They were lower in every region I'm tracking (UK, Germany, Spain, Japan and US)
In Japan for example, the weekly average for Q1 is ~28k units, while Q2 is just ~23k so far

Last edited:
I misinterpreted some numbers. Medium oof!

One number that blows my mind: the attach rate of GTA5 on the PS4 seems to be above 50%. That's absolutely insane.

Last edited:
2021YTD sales

Switch: >150,000 units

Interesting tidbits from the article:

- big PS5 shipment for the week, mostly bundled with Destruction Allstars it seems (charted at #2 lmao)
- The PS5 digital edition barely exists. Only two percent of the PS5s sold were digital.
- The XSS is outselling the XSX in Spain. Surprising.

Last edited:

Stuart360

- big PS5 shipment for the week, mostly bundled with Destruction Allstars it seems (charted at #2 lmao)
- The PS5 digital edition barely exists. Only two percent of the PS5s sold were digital.
That says to me that Xbox isnt really a thing in Spain, BUT the XSS has a bit of a desire as a second console, for future exclusives. Maybe a second companion console for Gamepass.

Supmate

Neo Member
That says to me that Xbox isnt really a thing in Spain, BUT the XSS has a bit of a desire as a second console, for future exclusives. Maybe a second companion console for Gamepass.
I'd say this is great news for xbox. I don't know the sale margin from last gen but I'm sure it was way lower than 4:1?

The article also mentions the sales ratio is the same as at launch, so if Microsoft are maintaining their numbers and market share in the rest of Europe as they are in Spain that is really big numbers for growth and great numbers for gamepass too considering the attach rate they have to the service?

Bramble

Xbox brand in Spain, It’s a niche thing. This is why brands do not have the same power or importance depending on what country you are.

when will Sony will be able to meet the demand?

It's a niche thing all over the world except in the US where the brand nationalists refuse to abandon Xbox because of their pride. If Xbox was Chinese or German, it would also hardly sell there.

Stuart360

Remember though, sales don't matter anymore because Microsoft doesn't care about console numbers now.
It's a niche thing all over the world except in the US where the brand nationalists refuse to abandon Xbox because of their pride. If Xbox was Chinese or German, it would also hardly sell there.
Selling tens of millions of consoles every generation isnt 'niche' little warriors.
Stop with the thread derailing.

Bramble

Selling tens of millions of consoles every generation isnt 'niche' little warriors.
Stop with the thread derailing.

Totally agree "niche" isn't the right wording. I'm just saying Spain isn't the only country where Xbox isn't super popular. US is the only country that really supports the brand and even there it is being outsold by PS. The fact that it sells more there than in other countries, is because of brand loyalty. American people are quite known for that. It's fine.

Stuart360

Totally agree "niche" isn't the right wording. I'm just saying Spain isn't the only country where Xbox isn't super popular. US is the only country that really supports the brand and even there it is being outsold by PS. The fact that it sells more there than in other countries, is because of brand loyalty. American people are quite known for that. It's fine.
And people only buy in the US out of 'brand loyalty' or whatever you said, as if Xbox is a terrible system with no redeeming features.
The Series consoles are going to rebound this gen a bit, and reach a good 70-80mil sales for me. There is a lot of positivity around Xbox today, and they have the games now, in fact by the end of then gen they will probably have more exclusives than all the other consoles.

PS5 will 'win' this gen, no need for the insecurity and tiresome 5 year old memes in every sales thread.

Last edited:
I'd say this is great news for xbox. I don't know the sale margin from last gen but I'm sure it was way lower than 4:1?

The article also mentions the sales ratio is the same as at launch, so if Microsoft are maintaining their numbers and market share in the rest of Europe as they are in Spain that is really big numbers for growth and great numbers for gamepass too considering the attach rate they have to the service?
No, it was way higher.
7:1
PlayStation 4 sells 360.000 units in Spain (7:1 Ps4:XBO) | NeoGAF

Now the LTD sales ratio is 3.3:1
The YTD sales ratio is 4:1

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
looks to be awesome sales all around?

PS5 off to a blinding start, xbox is doing better than xbox one so seeing growth?

Nintendo flying high as always.

All good.

Not surprising when you consider that XSX barely exists. Any stock is gone very quickly. XSS is readily available for anyone looking to buy an xbox.

What else is new? Xbox is only relevant in US (not even in UK that much) and everywhere else PS5 is running riot. Now, because of the size and economic power, US alone is enough for Microsoft to be relevant. And we are on American forum where Xbox is getting more attention than it would ever get if this is some other language forum.

Switch is very successful, yes, but they are not direct competitors since they produce “family games” (read: games for kids) and they are more akin to Lego.

So yeah, everyone is doing fine but PS is cruising to another sales victory, 4th gen in a row.

That could change once supply fixes itself. That ratio is probably due to production alone. Once the systems are readily available it could change.
Xbox Series X has supply issues, too.
We'll have to wait an see.

Anything can happen, but I don't see a figure above 5:1 LTD within the next half year.
PS5 is at 200k and Xbox Series at 60k.
When PS5 is selling an additional 300k and Xbox Series 40k, we have a LTD sales ratio of 5:1. Sony needs to sell 7.5 PS5 for any Xbox Series X to achieve that.

Last edited:

Bramble

And people only buy in the US out of 'brand loyalty' or whatever you said, as if Xbox is a terrible system with no redeeming features.
The Series consoles are going to rebound this gen a bit, and reach a good 70-80mil sales for me. There is a lot of positivity around Xbox today, and they have the games now, in fact by the end of then gen they will probably have more exclusives than all the other consoles.

PS5 will 'win' this gen, no need for the insecurity and tiresome 5 year old memes in every sales thread.

I believe most of them do, yes. Or settling because PS5's are much harder to come by and they want to play next gen versions of multiplats. It's the first next gen console with no launch exclusives and still nothing almost a year in. That's not exactly an incentive to buy one. Or perhaps you have another explanation on why Series is selling more in the US vs. anywhere else in the world? US sales are an anomaly.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
pxiWswP.png

Source:
Spain Sales - Vandal.net : Archive | ResetEra

2021YTD sales (end of June)
Switch: 150,000 units

LTD sales
Ps5: 200,000 units
Xbox Series X: 35,000 units
Xbox Series S: 25,000 units
Sales Spain: 200,000 PS5 sold, which triples xbox series (gamereactor.es)

disclaimer:
Weekly sales might not be 100% accurate for any given week, because of reporting differences or other factors.
Especially the PS5 sales to high and the Xbox Series sales are to low if we take LTD milestones into account

Keep buying those PS consoles!

All respect to the Spaniards. :lollipop_raising_hand:

bull fighting GIF by National Geographic Channel

kingfey

Banned
How many pc players are on Spain? If its high, then that can compensate the lack of xbox hardwares. They will be able to sell their games, but in the process lose those hardware-software sales to Playstation.

MMaRsu

Banned
Outside of the US and UK, the Xbox Series is a flop. Those of us who regularly participates in sales thread already knows this .

The real competition is between Sony and Nintendo.
Xbox has so much time to recoup and win in the end.

Given bethesda I dont think its a weird thing to expect

Supmate

Neo Member

I don't think Xbox is in this to 'win' any console sales league table, in this gen at least. Wholly unrealistic goal to out do Sony on that score, so if they sell 60 - 70 mil (20% - 30% ish growth compared to xbox One) lifetime series consoles and, more importantly, they have acculumated say 100 mil + Gamepass subscribers. That's starting next generation with 100 mil subscribers instead of 18 million or so.

Would that count as a win?

Esppiral

I think is the brand that should focus on customers and not the other way around the main problem wit Xbox is that MS mainly focus on English speaking countries

yazenov

The Bethesda acquisition was a little too late in my opinion for any meaningful results this gen. I mean, some of those games are coming to PS5 exclusively for 1 year like Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. MS should have acquired them during the Xbox one days.

Those Bethesda games are coming mid generation when all the dust have settled and by then, the PS5 will be close to the finish line. If you're thinking of some comeback mid generation then that's just wishful thinking. This gen is already over with Sony leading the race.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I don't think Xbox is in this to 'win' any console sales league table, in this gen at least. Wholly unrealistic goal to out do Sony on that score, so if they sell 60 - 70 mil (20% - 30% ish growth compared to xbox One) lifetime series consoles and, more importantly, they have acculumated say 100 mil + Gamepass subscribers. That's starting next generation with 100 mil subscribers instead of 18 million or so.

There is no competition between the 3 anymore. Nintendo went to handheld. Xbox went hybrid. Playstation stayed on the console department.

If anything, playstation is like that grandpa of yours, that is stuck in the past, and refuse to evolve, because they value their past.

Nintendo gained 84.5m from handheld market, in just 4 years. Xbox got access to 120m steam users, and used gamepas as a leverage for the low hardware sales.

On other hand, we have playstation, who taunts about high quality games, but doesnt focus on its hardware. While this strategy is good for short term, in the long term its useless. Things evolve. We went from cartage to cd, to disc, and now digital. Now we are entering the cloud era, and VR era. It really doesn't have a solid long term future plans for their hardware. The last handle held they did, they treated it like a garbage, that doesnt exist. They shat on their psnow, And worst they made a tower for their console. At least its better than that fridge series X in my opinion.

Xbox set itself for a long term goal, which gamepass evolves, and brings huge value. 3 years ago, this service had 100+ games, but now it has 475+ games, and is getting day1 games. It sold its console, without providing any first party next gen games. Then there is their pc market. Windows store, and the 120m steam users. While windows store is inferior to steam, their recent offering for the devs might make some devs put their games on that store. Then there is their first party games, which hits steam day1. They will get gamepass+consoles+steam sales for their games. This will compensate their low hardware sales.

Nintendo were in the handle market. But not this degree. The ability to ply on the go, then switch it to your tv is a high class gaming. They can improve this formula to have a solid gaming experience on their system.

For me exclusively, the winner is VR and cloud in 5-8 years. Both offer true next gen gaming. VR is the unsung hero, which would be the king of fps games. Cloud would make gaming pretty much easier to play, once internet available in the world. Both realistically 5-8 years.

kingfey

Banned
The Bethesda acquisition was a little too late in my opinion for any meaningful results this gen. I mean, some of those games are coming to PS5 exclusively for 1 year like Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. MS should have acquired them during the Xbox one days.

Those Bethesda games are coming mid generation when all the dust have settled and by then, the PS5 will be close to the finish line. If you're thinking of some comeback mid generation then that's just wishful thinking. This gen is already over with Sony leading the race.
Its perfect time, in my opinion. Bethesda will keep them in the talking point. That is a market advertisement profit for them.

How many topics did we have about starfield, since xbox bought bethesda. There people who still believe elder scrolls will hit ps5. This will lead more xbox talks. Rinse and repeat.

Unknown?

There is no competition between the 3 anymore. Nintendo went to handheld. Xbox went hybrid. Playstation stayed on the console department.

If anything, playstation is like that grandpa of yours, that is stuck in the past, and refuse to evolve, because they value their past.

Nintendo gained 84.5m from handheld market, in just 4 years. Xbox got access to 120m steam users, and used gamepas as a leverage for the low hardware sales.

On other hand, we have playstation, who taunts about high quality games, but doesnt focus on its hardware. While this strategy is good for short term, in the long term its useless. Things evolve. We went from cartage to cd, to disc, and now digital. Now we are entering the cloud era, and VR era. It really doesn't have a solid long term future plans for their hardware. The last handle held they did, they treated it like a garbage, that doesnt exist. They shat on their psnow, And worst they made a tower for their console. At least its better than that fridge series X in my opinion.

Xbox set itself for a long term goal, which gamepass evolves, and brings huge value. 3 years ago, this service had 100+ games, but now it has 475+ games, and is getting day1 games. It sold its console, without providing any first party next gen games. Then there is their pc market. Windows store, and the 120m steam users. While windows store is inferior to steam, their recent offering for the devs might make some devs put their games on that store. Then there is their first party games, which hits steam day1. They will get gamepass+consoles+steam sales for their games. This will compensate their low hardware sales.

Nintendo were in the handle market. But not this degree. The ability to ply on the go, then switch it to your tv is a high class gaming. They can improve this formula to have a solid gaming experience on their system.

For me exclusively, the winner is VR and cloud in 5-8 years. Both offer true next gen gaming. VR is the unsung hero, which would be the king of fps games. Cloud would make gaming pretty much easier to play, once internet available in the world. Both realistically 5-8 years.
Funny you should mention VR because Sony is the only of the three that has been supporting it.

kingfey

Banned
Funny you should mention VR because Sony is the only of the three that has been supporting it.
I like that they are doing that. I hope they really focus on it. So far, we had meh games. The only great VR game was from valve. Half-Life: Alyx took the VR games to next level.

My first VR was oculus rift. It was a demo of sea life. It was majestic seeing a whale swimming on top of my head. Even the small vr phone head set, while low quality, gives you the perception of being inside of the game.

MMaRsu

Banned

Ghostwire Tokyo? I dont even know what the fuck that game is. Thats not gonna sell anything. Deathloop? Noone cares about it.

I am talking about BIG games like:

Wolfenstein
Quake
Elder Scrolls
Fallout

Yes it will take some time, but in the end I think they can gain a meaningful foothold in comparison to PS5.

Let's be honest, PS5 has a few great games rn, and Sony has been great in exclusives. But they are also really arrogant rn.

That's a very, very low goal.
Xbox One sold over 50m.

Now the market is a lot bigger and Microsoft didn't botch any of their strategic decision. They also heavily invest in the business compared to last gen. And invest even more than during the x360 era.

Xbox Series will be the first Microsoft console to break the 100m units barrier.
But 80m would be fine, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom