• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spain] Weekly console sales (constantly updated) | GSD/GFK data from Vandal.net via Ruben Mercado

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Not sure what type of evidence you want? Their support page tells you which regions are supported. Only 40ish countries have region and XBL Live support compared to PSN which supports more than 100

What about curency and languages?

Europe uses the euro, so I'm pretty sure xbox supports that. And xbox supports the native language and customer support in there countries where series consoles are sold, so you are incorrect about the localisation issues.

Your issue is that they need to be in more countries which I agree that would be better, However my point is that in the euro countries series consoles are available in they can and will improve there business there based on the strength of the product.

What about curency and languages?

Europe uses the euro, so I'm pretty sure xbox supports that. And xbox supports the native language and customer support in there countries where series consoles are sold, so you are incorrect about the localisation issues.

Your issue is that they need to be in more countries which I agree that would be better, However my point is that in the euro countries series consoles are available in they can and will improve there business there based on the strength of the product.

Europe has dozens of currencies in circulation not just the euro. I'm originally from Iceland. Xbox consoles are available there but niether my region or currency is supported

I see your point, but this has been an issue they've been called out of since the 360 days and they've barely made any improvements. They've added a couple of of countries since then but that's it.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Europe has dozens of currencies in circulation not just the euro. I'm originally from Iceland. Xbox consoles are available there but niether my region or currency is supported

I see your point, but this has been an issue they've been called out of since the 360 days and they've barely made any improvements. They've added a couple of of countries since then but that's it.

Yeah I agree it eould be better if they supported these other countries and rareer currencies. But my point is that despite this they can and likely will improve there business in Europe.

Yeah I agree it eould be better if they supported these other countries and rareer currencies. But my point is that despite this they can and likely will improve there business in Europe.

Of course they can improve, but if they want to substantially reduce the foothold Sony has and close thzt 2:1 gap, they have to look towards the rest of the EU, not just make improvements in regions they already support well.

Sosokrates

Ag
Of course they can improve, but if they want to substantially reduce the foothold Sony has and close thzt 2:1 gap, they have to look towards the rest of the EU, not just make improvements in regions they already support well.
Agreed. I dont think they really care how well sony does. There gunning for new pieces of a new pie.

I disagree, consumers respond to the product and the product this time is amazing regardless of what company makes it.

so ultimately what your saying is you think xbox series x/s will sell over 100m units worldwide? i have to give a hard disagree. the growth in europe would have to be massive for that to happen and such growth wont be possible without some sort of collapse for the PS brand. they compete for the same audience, most of which default to PS and only ever own one console. its not easy to take back marketshare without your competitor screwing up somehow and giving a reason to like from PS2 to PS3 or xbox 360 to xbox one. it was major mistakes that led to the other regaining marketshare.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

so ultimately what your saying is you think xbox series x/s will sell over 100m units worldwide? i have to give a hard disagree. the growth in europe would have to be massive for that to happen and such growth wont be possible without some sort of collapse for the PS brand. they compete for the same audience, most of which default to PS and only ever own one console. its not easy to take back marketshare without your competitor screwing up somehow and giving a reason to like from PS2 to PS3 or xbox 360 to xbox one. it was major mistakes that led to the other regaining marketshare.

Dont put words in my mouth I never said I think series will sell 100mill+, i disagreed when u said it xbox wont see substantial growth in Europe, I think they will, I think they will double there xbox one sales in Europe with the series consoles.

But to be fair console sales is only part of the picture now, on its own its a meaningless metric.

reksveks

Got the final 3 weeks of ES in from Vandal's (still missing the 4 weeks)

9iUnyvM.png

- Roughly ~61% of all XS sales this year was Series S.
- Sony sold 16% of their PS5 in Dec, NSW was 26.87% and Xbox was 30.24%.

I would like to see/find out what the 2014 numbers was. It does seem like Spain is really far behind and Xbox is inline or slightly ahead.

Last edited:

yurinka

Got the final 3 weeks of ES in from Vandal's (still missing the 4 weeks)

9iUnyvM.png

- Roughly ~61% of all XS sales this year was Series S.
- Sony sold 16% of their PS5 in Dec, NSW was 26.87% and Xbox was 30.24%.

I would like to see/find out what the 2014 numbers was. It does seem like Spain is really far behind and Xbox is inline or slightly ahead.
Seems PS5 shipped slightly under 250K units for Spain during 2021. Each new shipments were sold out in a few minutes, let's hope during 2022 they start to get rid of the chips issue and are able to produce more units.

Has Sony abandoned Spain? :pie_fwt:
Nah, they simply can't produce more units. Seeing they sell them so fast they would send more if available.

I would like to see/find out what the 2014 numbers was.
Me too, and if possible to compare Spanish sales for PS4 from launch until end of 2014 vs PS5 from launch until end of 2021, even if there are these few weeks missing.

Last edited:

reksveks

Tw83RvP.jpg

NhG1CD3.png

Week 52
Switch: 29.850 (2650 OLED)
PS5: 12.250 (11.400 Disco | 850 Dig)
XBS: 5.300 (3.400 S | 1.900 X)
PS4: 800
XBO: 8

Week 1
Switch: 30.350 (900 OLED)
PS5: 5.200 (4.050 Disco | 1.150 Dig)
XBS: 3.600 (2.950 S | 650 X)
PS4: 2.000
XBO: 14

Series S: 61.67% of the last 2 weeks of Series Sales

reksveks

Using Vandal's data; Xbox has sold 13000, Sony has sold 19450, and Switch upto 78000 in the last 5 weeks reported so 26th Dec - 30th Jan.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Using Vandal's data; Xbox has sold 13000, Sony has sold 19450, and Switch upto 78000 in the last 5 weeks reported so 26th Dec - 30th Jan.
Crazy stuff seeing Xbox and Sony hardware sales so close here in Spain.

reksveks

First search results have produced

30400 xbox ones sold in Spain in 2015

Console split

Sadly not a statista sub so can't verify the source.

So it seems 43% of the xbox one sales after a month but would like to verify the accuracy

oldergamer

Interesting tidbits from the article:

- big PS5 shipment for the week, mostly bundled with Destruction Allstars it seems (charted at #2 lmao)
- The PS5 digital edition barely exists. Only two percent of the PS5s sold were digital.
- The XSS is outselling the XSX in Spain. Surprising.
we kinda knew from the start the Digital PS5 would be in extremely low supply since sony lost more on it, then the disc system. It was always there so they could say they hit a price point. Anyway spain has always been PS land.

onesvenus

we kinda knew from the start the Digital PS5 would be in extremely low supply since sony lost more on it, then the disc system. It was always there so they could say they hit a price point. Anyway spain has always been PS land.
Wasn't it reported in Sony financials some days ago that they were profiting from the digital edition but not on the disk drive one?
Why would Sony lose more in a console that's exactly the same minus the disk drive?

ethomaz

Banned
Wasn't it reported in Sony financials some days ago that they were profiting from the digital edition but not on the disk drive one?
Why would Sony lose more in a console that's exactly the same minus the disk drive?
The opposite...

PS5 with disk drive become profitable in June 2021.
PS5 DE is still being sold at loss.

Because the PS5 hardware cost is around $450... so the model being sold at $499 is profitable and the other being sold at $399 not.
And I believe that is the reason Sony matain a 70/30% ratio between them... they want to sell more $499 models than $399.

Last edited:

onesvenus

The opposite...

PS5 with disk drive become profitable in June 2021.
PS5 DE is still being sold at loss.

Because the PS5 hardware cost is around $450... so the model being sold at $499 is profitable and the other being sold at $399 not.
And I believe that is the reason Sony matain a 70/30% ratio between them... they want to sell more $499 models than $399.
Completely misread that 🤦‍♂️ and it makes completely sense 🤷
Thanks

oldergamer

I don't know which report that was. There is a clearly a logical reason why they produce so few digital consoles. They lose money on both, granted.

The user with the disc system can buy disc or digital games. There's double the opportunity for Sony to subsidize the cost of the console with the disc PS5, then there is digital only is what I'm thinking.
Digital really is there just for price point imo.

Woopah

Where do I start? Because his twitter thread is so confusing.

Also, Xbox series sold more consoles than PS5?!

and is the software chart includes digital or only physical?
Here's the information laid out plainly. Software is physical only.

Ventas semana 7: del 14 al 20 de febrero 2022

1. Horizon Forbbiden West (PS5) -> 23.300 / New
2. Horizon Forbbiden West (PS4) -> 19.350 / New
3. Leyendas Pokémon Arceus (Switch) -> 4.200 / 183.000
4. The Last of Us Parte II (PS4)
5. Total War: Warhammer 3 (PC) -> 1.600 / New
6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
7. FIFA 22 (PS4)
8. Minecraft (Switch)
9. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) -> 950 / 791.000

Fuera del Top10

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (Switch): 800 / New
The King of Figthers XV (PS5): 350, (PS4): 300, (XBOX): 100

Hardware:

Switch: 3.750
XBS: 900 (650 S | 250 X)
PS5: 400
PS4: 20
XBO: 5

reksveks

Spain - Week 8, 2022 - Retail - Vandal
Ventas semana 8: del 21 al 27 de febrero 2022

1. Elden Ring (PS5) -> 26.800 / New
2. Elden Ring (PS4) -> 17.850 / New
3. Elden Ring (Xbox) -> 8.700 / New
4. Elden Ring (PC) -> 6.850 / New
5. Horizon Forbbiden West (PS4) -> 3.750 / 23.100
6. Leyendas Pokémon Arceus (Switch) -> 3.100 / >186.000
7. Horizon Forbbiden West (PS5) -> 2.500 / 25.800
8. FIFA 22 (PS4)
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) -> ¿? / >791.000
10. The Last of Us Parte II (PS4)

Fuera del Top10

Tormented Souls (PS4): 450
Life of Strange: True Colors (Switch): 350
Assetto Corsa: Competizione (PS5): 100
Grid Legends (PS5): 50, (XBOX): 30, (PS4): 26

Hardware:

Switch: 6.700 (3.700 OLED) / 69.500 YTD
XBS: 1.100 (750S | 350X) / 12.500 YTD
PS5: 130 / 11.230 YTD
PS4: 15 / 2.495 YTD
XBO: 5 / 40 YTD

8. FIFA 22 (PS4)

Fuera del Top10

Hardware:

Elden Ring hype is off the charts. Already outsold Horizon on PS5, with one less week of sales.

Arioco

8. FIFA 22 (PS4)

Fuera del Top10

Hardware:

Wow! That's bad. PS5 sold only 130 units in a 46 million people country where the console is always sold out. SONY has to find a way to manufacture more units, this is a joke. It's still pretty much impossible to get a PS5 over here. I got mine in March last year but it was kind of a miracle, if I hadn't bought it back then... I've had exactly ZERO opportunities to buy another unit, so I would still be looking for one, and it's been a whole year. And I follow Telegram groups that let you know when PS5, Series X/S and Switch are available, but PS5 stock always lasts just a few minutes, always, no exception. They need to do something ASAP. People are still buying PS4 because they can't find PS5 stock anywhere, it's crazy.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wow! That's bad. PS5 sold only 130 units in a 46 million people country where the console is always sold out. SONY has to find a way to manufacture more units, this is a joke. It's still pretty much impossible to get a PS5 over here. I got mine in March last year but it was kind of a miracle, if I hadn't bought it back then... I've had exactly ZERO opportunities to buy another unit, so I would still be looking for one, and it's been a whole year. And I follow Telegram groups that let you know when PS5, Series X/S and Switch are available, but PS5 stock always lasts just a few minutes, always, no exception. They need to do something ASAP. People are still buying PS4 because they can't find PS5 stock anywhere, it's crazy.

Yeah, I feel sonys production has been in the toilet for the last few months.

Maybe, they had slots secured at TSMC but those dates passed and now other people have got their foot in the door.

Hopefully they can turn it around soon because series s is outselling the ps5 in three markets now.

yazenov

Elden Ring hype is off the charts. Already outsold Horizon on PS5, with one less week of sales.

Horizon also outsold the combined versions of Elden rings on PC + Xbox. The game is huge.

Also despite Elden Rings on PS systems having Horizon as competition, the PS version still outsold the combined version on PC + Xbox.

Playstation is the home of From games indeed.

Last edited:
Horizon also outsold the combined versions of Elden rings on PC + Xbox. The game is huge.

Also despite Elden Rings on PS systems having Horizon as competition, the PS version still outsold the combined version on PC + Xbox.

Playstation is the home of From games indeed.
86e.png

Apparently we gonna go through the same clown show as with the weekly UK physical threads. Just let me get some popcorn real quick :messenger_beaming:

reksveks

Unless you have digital splits for Spain, we will discuss what is available. Fairness is irrelevant with the unavailable data.
We should then make sure our comments are as explicit as possible.

Horizon also outsold the combined versions of Elden rings on PC + Xbox when looking at physical numbers . The is huge.

More context is always good.

Separately, do we have physical numbers for the previous multiplatform fromsoftware games?

Last edited:
I am baffled how is possible for Spain to receive such small number of consoles? Hell it's same as in here and we are like 8x less of a country in terms of population.

Sony knows that it dominates Microsoft in Europe and Japan, as a result, they are wisely focusing on distribution in North America to create as large a lead in this region as they can with the limited supplies available.

Top Bottom