• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spec Ops: The Line Writer Promoted to Narrative Director on Wolverine PS5 (Playstation Life)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
One of those games you wish you had been able to get to before the story became an "open secret."

. . .as for the hire, sounds good.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
He also wrote the book, Significant Zero. You can read about it at walt's blog.

I'm a huge fan of words so it looks like they got someone good with those. Nice job Insomniac.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For me the white phosphorous scene wasn't particularly effective or shocking. What made the game memorable for me was that you're killing American soldiers, which you don't do in singleplayer games often (Half-Life represent). Also liked how the dudebro you play as gets more aggressive voice acting as the game goes on, and of course the changing loading screens.

Javthusiast

Banned
No. Just the facts.

what's that?
Nothing factual about wrong facts. Last of Us Part 2 is game of the generation.

wayne brady GIF

Your feelings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.
In the grand scheme of things TLoU 2 is considered as a divisive/controversial game.

My 'feelings' are just part of a very large amount of people who found the game disappointing (especially in the narrative/storytelling part of it). This opinion was so shared and spread around the discourse that Neil and Gross had to make a postmortem interview trying to do Damage Control.

RAIDEN1

Same here, played it on PS3 thanks to PS+
I need to get a disc version of the game, I'm currently replaying it on PS Now, aiming for headshots is difficult sometimes.
Where is Spec Ops the Line 2? I brought it a few years ago, but haven't got round to going for a deep-dive with it....still got my PS3 wrapped up since last year when it went in for an over-due internal clean!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Spec Ops The Line is one of the only games to accomplish a feeling of investment with me. Play it on easy to go through the story and choices. It's transcendent in my opinion.

Barakov

Gold Member
While I enjoyed Spec Ops The Line, I'm kinda indifferent to this news. As long as Insomniac and the writer keeps the chatter to a minimum and it's mostly Wolverine yelling, cutting and stabbing then I'll probably be satisfied.
They could explore the premutant.
That is the true Logan, before he becomes docile, when he joins the mutant.
Kinda hope this isn't it, honestly. The entire game being a hum drum third person shooter origin story like the Tomb Raider reboot would be the worst thing they could do. Pre-X-Men is fine but it needs the ultra-violence with the claws to fit the character, I think.

kingfey

Banned
Kinda hope this isn't it, honestly. The entire game being a hum drum third person shooter origin story like the Tomb Raider reboot would be the worst thing they could do. Pre-X-Men is fine but it needs the ultra-violence with the claws to fit the character, I think.
He isn't like that.
PreX-men origin Logan is very interesting.
You have the rage, the sassy talk, and more unhinged murderer.

Perfect setting to explore his human side.

X-men made him soft, especially professor X.

Top Bottom