• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculate! GAF's vocabulary

Two years ago it was "IP." Now it's "SKU."

What other business-related acronyms will GAF learn and misappropriate next?

I vote for POP. Or FIFO.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok, so what do all these acronyms actually mean?

SKU is stock keeping unit... in otherwords a box with stuff in it sold as a whole.

FIFO is first in first out.

IP is intellectual property, or internet protocol...

Culex

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Let's leverage GAF's existing knowledge capital and find out. Kobun, that's an action item for you.

Are you sure you want to go there? I think your overestimating the intelligence of this board.

vaderbomb6ep.jpg

demi

Propagandhim said:
Do i have to pay to become a member to these forums? : )

You can get the basic package that lets you become a member, or you can buy the premium membership which grants you avatar usage. Only $10 more.

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
Propagandhim said:
SKU = Stock Keeping Unit. 2 SKUs for Xbox meaning two different types of units - Core and Xbox 360.

Do i have to pay to become a member to these forums? : )

Yeah you just actually can paypal it to me, and I'll take care of it for you.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
iapetus said:
Now that's thinking outside the box.

Can we park this idea for a moment? I've got a paradigm shift I'm wanting to run up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

Rhindle

Haha. You're all at least 5 years behind the curve on your buzzwords.

I hadn't heard the term "paradigm shift" in at least three years before Iwata discovered it. :lol

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Rhindle said:
I hadn't heard the term "paradigm shift" in at least three years before Iwata discovered it. :lol

Oh, they've been shifting paradigms in this biz ever since they found out you could do it with hardware scrolling.

I can't belive some idiotic term I had to use from my retail days and grew sick of is now alive and well on the GAF. Thanks everyone. :(

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
FortNinety said:
I can't belive some idiotic term I had to use from my retail days and grew sick of is now alive and well on the GAF. Thanks everyone. :(
I guess we could all say "pack" for yours and kobun's benefit, but "sku" saves us a letter :p

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I was really hoping SKUgate would take off.

No traction yet, though. Need to do a deep dive GAF analysis.

Kobun Heat said:
Two years ago it was "IP." Now it's "SKU."

What other business-related acronyms will GAF learn and misappropriate next?

I vote for POP. Or FIFO.

POS ( a favorite - point of sale )

Margin (90% of people don't understand the concept of a 50% margin meaning they doubled the cost)

Outstanding Debt

Operating Profit

Segmented Market

Scale of Economy

Retail Calendar ( I <3 :D )

BTW, there are over 10 Gamecube skus that have been used, with multiples at one time. It's being completely misused as different colors can have different skus. The issue here is one of configuations.

Top Bottom