• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spellbound the Next Souls Title from From Software (Rumor)

Source -

Take with a HUGE grain of salt.

Link to the thread https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/636069002

Of course as it is 4chan and there is no source whatsoever so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Apparently some reddit user requested the subreddit r/Spellbound on March 27th and it they post they stated that "requesting it for the upcoming game Spellbound which is rumoured to be in development by FromSoftware". This post goes in further detail about this. /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/136rtxk/a_reddit_user_and_currently_the_only_moderator_of/

And here's the text for those who don not want to go to 4chan:

FromSoftware's next game after Armored Core VI will be called "Spellbound" and is due to be released in Q1 2025. The game might get a short few second long teaser during TGA 2023 but it's first proper trailer will be shown in summer 2024.

About the game:
>The game has been in development since mid 2021
>Current release window is for Q1 2025 (February-March 2025)
>Earliest possible reveal is a few seconds long teaser during this years TGA
>Earliest possible trailer will be shown in Summer 2024 (Most likely June 2024)
>The game is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki
>The game will be published by FromSoftware as well. There will be no third party studios publishing the game.
The game will release solely on the next gen consoles and PC (PS5, XSX, PC)
>The game is mainly a spin off of the souls formula with a heavy emphasis on magic (will expand on this more later)
>The game takes place in a late 18th century (1780s-1790s) European inspired fictional world.
>The game is not a spiritual sequel to Bloodborne and the the game has no connections with Bloodborne
The game has one very large legacy dungeon which is the city in which game takes place in and an open world outside it.
The city is about 2-3 times larger than all of Elden Ring's dungeons combined and is probably the most interconnected world From Software has designed so far.
>The open world segment of the game is as big as two to three open world areas of Elden Ring.
>The open world segments of the game contains forests, farmlands, mountainous areas, coasts, villages, caves and smaller dungeons
>Overall the games size is probably slightly smaller than Elden Ring.
Further Gameplay details:
>In this game the main divergence from the is series is that main focus of the game are spells.
>Spells can be wielded like weapons and have movesets like normal weapons (Charged R2, R1 R1 R1 combos, backstep R1 etc.)
>There is no mana/mp etc. bar in the game and spells do not have a finite use. They use stamina which generates like any other souls game.
>There are still melee weapons in the game and melee builds are still a viable option it just that the main focus of the game is on spells.
>There are melee weapons with magical abilities/projectiles etc.
>There is a system similar to the ashes of war system from Elden Ring.
>The game has no set protagonist and there is a character creator
>The game will have multiplayer
>There is no chalice dungeon like system that I am aware of (yet)
>There is a great emphasis on customising your gear and clothing. Customising your gear and clothing gives them various effects that changes them both visually and gameplay wise.
>There are weapons that are similar to trick weapons from Bloodborne but these have a magical stance and a normal melee stance instead of a physical transformation.
>There game in general is a bit more action oriented and less RPG oriented. I would classify it as being much more RPG oriented than Sekiro and a bit less than Bloodborne.
>There are underwater areas in the game and the Player Character can swim.
>The Player Character can crouch, jump and hug walls however they cannot climb.
>There is a day-night cycle in the game however it is mostly visual and it only has some effects on some enemies and select few areas.
In the future if I make an update post regarding this game I will give you an information about this post that will confirm my identity.

DelireMan7

I don't know man... there is no Bloodborne 2, Demon's Souls 2 or Sekiro 2 so far. All been single release titles and Sekiro doesn't even have DLC. I think Elden Ring 2 will happen eventually but at way later date.
Wanted to post that.

On the rumor... Well looks more of a fan wish list with no source than something serious.

bitbydeath

I’m down for any souls game they make next, but this sounds fake to me.

-Spellbound title sounds too simple, a million games already use it, including board games.
-They basically combined Bloodborne with Elden Ring, inclusive of trick weapons.

Comes off as a wish list.

Yoboman

I don't know man... there is no Bloodborne 2, Demon's Souls 2 or Sekiro 2 so far. All been single release titles and Sekiro doesn't even have DLC. I think Elden Ring 2 will happen eventually but at way later date.
None of those sold 20 million. Plus there were 3 Dark Souls

I guess he could give it to another team member or they might want to do something else before all hands on deck for ER2

Yoboman

I’m down for any souls game they make next, but this sounds fake to me.

-Spellbound title sounds too simple, a million games already use it, including board games.
-They basically combined Bloodborne with Elden Ring, inclusive of trick weapons.

Comes off as a wish list.
Bloodborne was known as Project Beast originally

DavidGzz

They went from Demon's to Dark Souls which was originally Dark Race. You all act like From are great at coming up with game names. Eternal Ring to Elden Ring. Bloodborne was their best.

sendit

If From Soft call a game ‘Spellbound’ I’ll drink a galleon of cum.
dj khaled GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Bookmarked

Last edited:
If From Soft call a game ‘Spellbound’ I’ll drink a galleon of cum.
Why both of our members with the name or association with Banjo Kazooie have funny tags and some weird fetishes..

Banjo64 Banjo64 is obsessed with cum. Meanwhile, kanjobazooie kanjobazooie is obsessed with touching mice balls. There is a pattern here I sense.. are ya'll sure your not related or sharing accounts? :p

Back on topic - everything lines up as far as release dates goes, but I almost feel like this is a made up fanfic..

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
True or not it’s long way off and currently all I can think about is Armored Core VI, I have been waiting for new entry for that series for very, VERY long time.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I don't think any of those were as big of a smash as Elden Ring, though. Idk, I may be wrong, though. I didn't look up the sales numbers but I don't remember those other games doing the same crazy numbers as ER.

YukiOnna

None of those sold 20 million. Plus there were 3 Dark Souls

I guess he could give it to another team member or they might want to do something else before all hands on deck for ER2
They've said it numerous times before and not too long ago, but sales don't really dictate what title they make next, it just aids them to keep going for whatever they find interesting and that's his policy. No one's there to force them into it either really. The producers under him have even echoed that in the recent ACVI interviews and given their title releases I think that proves to be the case. I'm sure ER2 may probably happen, but it's not going to take the entre company because they work on multiple projects at once.

It doesn't sound too far-fetched. Boo at the setting though. One of the main reasons I don't care for Bloodbourne too much is its setting.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d believe a couple things: From Software appearing at the VGA’s and that they’re making a new game. Im not sure about the rest. It sounds like someone wants a Hogwarts Legacy larger than Elden Ring.

I love from so I'd probably indulge, but I hope this isn't true. Sounds like all the things pulled from Elden ring that I didn't like. Fights didn't seem as skillful with all the magic and Ashes of War. I know many will disagree, but I love from games for their hand to hand combat and parrying.

Top Bottom