• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sperasoft announces development support for Fallout 76 (I guess this means big content this june showcase)

kingfey

Banned
https://sperasoft.com/news/2022/05/sperasoft-announces-development-support-fallout-76/

USA, Burbank, CA – May 31, 2022  Sperasoft, a leading games development company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, is pleased to announce its contribution to Fallout 76®, an online action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.

Over the past two years, Sperasoft, a Keywords Studio,has worked closely with Bethesda Game Studios to provide 3D art: props, apparel, and character assets. The team of experienced artists continues to support Fallout 76 through the latest season updates.

Fallout 76 by Bethesda Game Studio’s is a prequel to previous entries in the Fallout series. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, 25 years after the Great War, and challenges players to explore the open world either individually or with a party of three other players.

Since its original release in 2018, there have been multiple expansions, including Wastelanders and Steel Dawn.

“We are glad to be a part of Fallout 76 development” – said Denis Larkin, COO at Sperasoft – “Sperasoft Creative teams continue contributing to this role-playing video game, so fans can enjoy seasonal updates.”

Fredrik

I’ve never played this game, can you play it single player? Offline even? No online douche players breaking my immersion?

kingfey

Banned
I’ve never played this game, can you play it single player? Offline even? No online douche players breaking my immersion?
It's mmo like online. People would come to your world, and kinda mess your stuff.
That is how it was, when it launched.

The FO76 community is very casual oriented and super friendly. A big problem with the game at launch was they tried to cater to everyone with a sorta survival gameplay and having PVP in the world, but most players apparently didn't want to pvp and wanted more casual Fallout experience. They have gone and limited and removed lot of the more hardcore survival aspects and shut down pvp essentially to be highly limited to certain areas or opt in only for the most part. The community that still plays is really just super chill and often will toss heaps of free stuff at new players

Interesting as this is the 2nd third party company now that has been hired to work on 76? There was an announcement about a month ago from a company that was working on the game and announcing they were going to be doing more. It seems that Bethesda is hiring and moving on development to others, which can be good cause it was clear the game was running with a skeleton crew

Fredrik

The FO76 community is very casual oriented and super friendly. A big problem with the game at launch was they tried to cater to everyone with a sorta survival gameplay and having PVP in the world, but most players apparently didn't want to pvp and wanted more casual Fallout experience. They have gone and limited and removed lot of the more hardcore survival aspects and shut down pvp essentially to be highly limited to certain areas or opt in only for the most part. The community that still plays is really just super chill and often will toss heaps of free stuff at new players
Thanks for the detailed response, I understand that it might be okay but online is just not for me. I don’t want to have any interaction at all with real world people in games, breaks my immersion even with a short sentence about something not related to the game world. Deactivated all online aspects in No Man’s Sky after seconds of activating it and seeing someone talk about bugs and framerates after a patch. Not for me.

jaysius

Banned
I spent a few seconds hacking open a door to a room on a computer, some asshole came randomly by me, ran in the second I hacked the computer successfully and stole everything. So that's a preview of what to expect.

There's something about the game that looks like shit and doesn't play well even with all these updates they've released. The story missions aren't great either, they're very early MMO's lazy with fetch quests.

They need to drop this bag of shit, it's starting to wreak.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It has a private server feature... but it's locked behind their MMO-like priced Fallout 1st service. Which also gives you a bunch of other stuff, but if you aren't playing the game all the time the $13/month or $99/year is... steep.

But honestly the game doesn't scratch the single-player Fallout itch either way.

It's the Fallout engine but modified for an online experience, and while the game has multiple stories/DLCs a lot of what is going on is more like Destiny "events" and whatnot that repeat. Basically unlike Fallout stuff respawns a lot.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
An update to the games performance would be phenomenal.

. . .also, "lulz" to the description of the gameplay experience in FO76. If you played and enjoyed Fallout 4 there's a good chance you will enjoy the revamped FO76 (that actually populates the world), particularly if you like survival and building games. . .oh, and ostensibly endless grind.

There's private servers now, but it's behind a paywall (need to suscribe to Fallout 1st subscription thing)... That said even on public servers it's a huge gameworld and you will usually not directly interact with other player asides from during public events, which are entirely optional... There's also quite a few incentives to join a random team of four players (you get more xp and cash as they complete quests , and it gives you free fast travel points (their hideouts), you can share one of your perks with your teammates) ... And frankly, 98% of the time these other players will not interact with you like, at all... So it's basically like playing solo with a couple small benefits. PVP is almost non-existent, since you both need hurt each other and have it enabled in the options for it to even be possible IIRC, otherwise you are immortal.

Honestly, the biggest thing Online brings is seeing player-made hideouts in the wasteland here and there, but that's mostly a good thing, as players can put vending machines and sell you good stuff for cheap there, plus it's always pretty nice to stumble onto some awesome player housing in the middle of a wasteland... And having everyone converge together for tough boss fight like the scorched queen and public events. All quests can pretty much be done solo. Honestly if you're a Fallout fan dying for new content, and you can get the game for cheap, it will scratch your itch for a good couple hundred of hours.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I spent a few seconds hacking open a door to a room on a computer, some asshole came randomly by me, ran in the second I hacked the computer successfully and stole everything. So that's a preview of what to expect.
Some people think that’s fun. No I don’t understand that. Thank God for offline games with stupid AI enemies.

Gojiira

Banned
Big content in June?
Lol no, the games had barebones content in each and every update, nothing ever 'expands' or 'evolves' just more cosmetics, more shop items and more boring grind of uninspired content. Why anyone is holding their breath that now finally things will improve is beyond me.

Big content in June?
Lol no, the games had barebones content in each and every update, nothing ever 'expands' or 'evolves' just more cosmetics, more shop items and more boring grind of uninspired content. Why anyone is holding their breath that now finally things will improve is beyond me.

It's free updates so not sure what folks expect. They have added for free a 8hr campaign, new events, new housing systems, companion systems, every 2 weeks new cosmetics and crafting options, and other things. It's slowed down with most of the team being moved to work on Starfield, so things did get lighter though. But this is why it seems good they are outsourcing work on the game to two different studios now for the content as clearly the skeleton crew was not.

As for June they already announced the content for that which is the PITT missions with Expeditions. A new end game activity where you go to a different parts of the PITT from FO3 and you do a randomly changing set of objectives for new cosmetics and new gear. New enemies, gear, and such being added. Plans are for more Expeditions in future which let you leave Appalachia for missions in in different parts of the world

Gojiira

Banned
It's free updates so not sure what folks expect. They have added for free a 8hr campaign, new events, new housing systems, companion systems, every 2 weeks new cosmetics and crafting options, and other things. It's slowed down with most of the team being moved to work on Starfield, so things did get lighter though. But this is why it seems good they are outsourcing work on the game to two different studios now for the content as clearly the skeleton crew was not.

As for June they already announced the content for that which is the PITT missions with Expeditions. A new end game activity where you go to a different parts of the PITT from FO3 and you do a randomly changing set of objectives for new cosmetics and new gear. New enemies, gear, and such being added. Plans are for more Expeditions in future which let you leave Appalachia for missions in in different parts of the world
I know, nothing substantial or rewarding, just grind and money shop…
Expeditions could be cool, but it depends how they’re handled and the frequency of their release

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hopefully this means they’re just gonna pass it off and do something else. Nobody is playing this junk.

89-B20-C1-F-7400-46-B6-B33-D-2324673-FB7-E5.jpg

Roberts

I played it for around 60-70 hours and approached it like a single player game. Never bothered anyone and nobody bothered me. Once in a while I purposefully joined some mp event, but I could totally avoid them if I wanted. It could have been a total disaster at launch and while it is never as immersive or interesting as other FO games, but it is kind of fun and not bad at all.

ahtlas7

Rented a server for myself and a buddy. We played a while then dumped it. The world felt too big that required long walking and walking sessions and typical mmo tropes bs that added up to: waste of time.

Top Bottom