• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 Controversy: Gamers Are Stupid and Don't Know Sh*t About Development

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was unplayable shit due to massive input lag and many Sony fanboys were (and still are) in denial about it. And that's shame, Killzone world deserved better games.
screamqueensedit GIF

3liteDragon

Thread title makes sense lol. The PS blog screenshots are likely from a later build of the game compared to the one they showed off at the showcase. The Ragnarök screenshots in their blog posts looks exactly like the final game we got, people here yapping about this like it’s the final build of the game & it’s already gone gold have no clue what they’re talking about.

And for the record, I think the second half of the gameplay doesn’t look as good, definitely could use more polish. But I’ll wait until the retail copy’s out before I rant.

Last edited:
bullet point?
He focused on how huge the lighting upgrades are but also acknowledged how some parts later half of the trailer looked not so great 😒 he also stressed that it still in development and actually appreciates the blemishes then a couple muses about a potential PC release overall he's excited to see the final release.

Just watched the trailer again in 4K, game looks fucking great, and it looks like it plays fucking great. This community is weird.

Everyone has their own opinion.

To me it looked like SpiderMan 1.5

Same on rails scripted events with QTE's
Same on rails combat system
Barely looks like any upgrade over Miles Morales graphically speaking
I also rewatched it in 4K and the higher resolution actually made it look worse as the low res textures were even more pronounced.

I really hope this is a very early build of the game.

Last edited:

I also rewatched it in 4K and the higher resolution actually made it look worse as the low res textures were even more pronounced.

On rails combat system…?

I don’t think some of you even like Spider-Man to begin with, so no idea how you could be disappointed

Last edited:

Stooky

I would not take the 2 months of going gold to heart anymore, the amount of games with critical day one patches rises by the minute.

I expect it to get a bit better than the demo, but it is possible the demo area might be one of the scenarios that is still to receive its final coat of paint (water splashes, water texture and deformation, possibly not too expensive to cover them up better so that people will not notice it as much). It is also possible that it is going to be something the expected the gameplay scenario to wow people and not to notice some details that are generally not part of much of the game and so not something they focused a lot of time on… we shall see.
the two months between gold and release. Devs are working on the day 1 patch. Sometimes the reason is there is no more content going into the game. So programmers have about 2 months just to optimize. Future patches scheduled from that point. Games are too complicated now. You can never catch l the bugs, you just want progression stoppers. There will always be day 1 patches. There is no better QC than to have millions of people play your game.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

That's your opinions as well, the difference is, I'm not gonna be humbled by the future DF video about this. :D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

How's the combat on rails?

This is typical gaf nonsense. You would think some of the people on here would have learnt something from the forum but alas no. The spit and polish happens in the final months of development. Why not wait for the final game rather than making silly statements now and looking a complete twat later?

Which games have released looking significantly better 4-5 months after what was shown at a conference in a trailer/demo?

Which games have released looking significantly better 4-5 months after what was shown at a conference in a trailer/demo?

The only nonsense is you guys making stuff up to try to make people feel better about what was shown. In 4-5 months we may get a layer of polish. We're not going to get what you guys are implying- that we're acting in an overly harsh, negative way.

You guys are being dishonest at best.

John Wick

The only nonsense is you guys making stuff up to try to make people feel better about what was shown. In 4-5 months we may get a layer of polish. We're not going to get what you guys are implying- that we're acting in an overly harsh, negative way.

You guys are being dishonest at best.
What is your problem? What have we implied were gonna get? This game is open world with a lot a verticality. The game will look good enough. It just needs to play well which is the most important aspect. Maybe you need to move on if this game isn't doing it for you visually.

The spit and polish happens in the final months of development.

You mean cut and removing of items and techniques that made those bullshot screenshots and trailers to make the game run better. Anyway nobody said Spiderman 2 looks bad, it looks just like Miles Morales. This was supposed to be their big next gen sequel and I dont see anything here that looks better than MM. That water scene when he dives in the water with minimal water splashing, barely any oxygen bubbles visible, I think PS3 did it better in some games.

Last edited:

DJ12

Gamers before the showcase: Insomniac aren't really know for graphics but I expect it to be a good game.

Gamers after the showcase: spiderman looks shit.

I'm calling bullshit on this entire outrage. Only thing that was bad was the water effects which I'm pretty sure won't look like that when the game comes out.

SeraphJan

The game will auto zip you to the next enemy.
The triangle button doesn't work against stronger enemy, you will need to web shoot them first, and the triangle button isn't invincible (can be interrupted) neither does it do any real damage (you still need to do combo afterwards).

midnightAI

This is typical gaf nonsense. You would think some of the people on here would have learnt something from the forum but alas no. The spit and polish happens in the final months of development. Why not wait for the final game rather than making silly statements now and looking a complete twat later?
Awwwe, but then we can't mock those people later, let them look like idiots I say.

Controversy or people are hating? Like they did in 2018 before the game pushed 30 + million

PVW2KdU.jpg

UAIRdsJ.jpg

ffkdJAs.jpg

Really makes me think of Infamous Second Son for some reason:
U49lxxd.jpg

Y0knhkw.jpg

uY2N7lH.jpg

I mean obviously not same studio and it's a step up but the overall the effect is surprisingly similar. For 10 years.... thought materials, lighting, just overall realism, would be a lot further by now.

Top Bottom