• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Miles Morales best graphical mode

ParaSeoul

Theres 3 on the current version,trying to choose between Performance and Performance RT,I don't think the Performance RT was tested by the usual people because it was added after.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
On the PS5, Performance RT is the best mode to use by far. You get a steady 60 fps and the benefits of light RT. No reason to not use it. It's one of the most impressive optimizations I have ever seen. Insomniac are wizards when it comes to using Sony's tech.

However, like always, it's best to check the modes for yourself. Play it on RT mode and if you notice any framedrops that you find distracting then switch to Performance. Easy Peasy.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

personal-brand-gratitude-generosity-opposite-thank-you.gif

Kuranghi

Just play the game however, it really doesn't matter.

The IQ, RT and input lag is amazing on the 30fps mode and the IQ is still amazing on the 60fps mode but with lower input lag, then still really great IQ and RT in the RT 60fps mode and you get the input lag benefits of the perf mode.

You already told me but I forgot, what exact model display do you use, how big is it and how far do you sit from it? Depending on that answer then maybe Perf or RT Perf is the way to go.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Performance RT. Best of both worlds. More games should have Performance RT modes instead of just 30 FPS with RT. (Looking at you Control).

There are frame rate drops in RT performance (nothing crazy like 57-59fps at worst) but if you can't notice the duplicate frames then it's the best mode for sure.

The Shepard

Quality RT. I can still handle Insomniacs 30fps modes as they have great motion blur, low input lag. This and rachet ps5 still feels great to play with everything on the best graphical setting and looks amazing.

buenoblue

Performance no raytracing looked the best to me. High res, high framerate, high detail. Screenspace reflections are fine. Though I do play on a 75 inch 4k screen so the resolution drop in performance rt was quite noticable to me.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Reflection raytracing is useless. It looks good when you stare at it, but in actual gameplay it, you'll never notice it, however, you will notice lower resolution. In performance RT I've had resolution drop significantly, most tests you see from all these big tech YouTubers are only at the start of the game. Performance no rt is the best.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Reflection raytracing is useless. It looks good when you stare at it, but in actual gameplay it, you'll never notice it, however, you will notice lower resolution. In performance RT I've had resolution drop significantly, most tests you see from all these big tech YouTubers are only at the start of the game. Performance no rt is the best.
They don't even look that good from close up because they are not 1:1 reflections but in lower res.

Better than traditionals fake reflection but still not perfect (and still fake)

But yeah you are right about the rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom