• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Miles Morales is now the 3rd Biggest Game EVER published by Sony in the United States (By Revenue)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Spider-Man GIF by PlayStation
Spider-Man Movie GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
Miles Morales Sunflower GIF by Post Malone

Last edited:

ckaneo

I wonder if Sony will allow Spiderman on PC. According to the nvidia leaks its the only blockbuster not being made. They are even porting Ratchet and Clank. (2016)

ckaneo

2020 NDP Top 20
11 - Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

2021 NPD Top 20
6 - Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

January NPD 2020
6 - Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

The 2018 Spider-Man didn't even have these legs.
Thats because its so far the ps5 title to buy

Banjo64

cumsessed
The best superhero game(s) ever made, so no surprise that it is absolutely killing it.

Insomniac couldn't have been a better fit for this.
I’d say that Arkham Asylum narrowly beats Spider-Man due to its superior map design, combat and atmosphere. I’d say that AA is comfortably a better game than MM. But yeah, probably AA, Spider-Man and then Spider-Man 2 in that order for the top 3.

kingfey

Banned
The best superhero game(s) ever made, so no surprise that it is absolutely killing it.

Insomniac couldn't have been a better fit for this.
Rocksteady would have made incredible Spiderman game, compared to Insomniac.

One of the major problems with Insomniac Spiderman is the useless side quest characters. Rocksteady would have made superior Mary jane, and Miles missions.

ckaneo

And its a $50 game, not $60/$70.

Yet its 3rd on dollar sales all time in the US for Sony. Pretty wild.

Def like 10-15 million sold worldwide by now.
I imagine the majority of sales are the ultimate edition because the ps4 version doesnt sell as well. (People are waiting to buy it on ps5)

pratyush

But GAF told me it was DLC?

Plus there has been Spiderman game before but spiderman ps4 and miles have been most successful. Kudos to Insomniac

Topher

Gold Member
I’d say that Arkham Asylum narrowly beats Spider-Man due to its superior map design, combat and atmosphere. I’d say that AA is comfortably a better game than MM. But yeah, probably AA, Spider-Man and then Spider-Man 2 in that order for the top 3.

I actually like the combat in SS:MM more than AA and the first SM. The powers are pretty awesome. But the Arkham games are better than Spider-man overall for superior writing and characters, imo. And yeah, the atmosphere is much more intriguing. I'm hoping the next SM gets a bit darker/edgier (in a good way).

Kokoloko85

One of the biggest IP in the world, suddenly made exclusive by the largest 1st party.

Why is no one up in arms about that

Because no1 was doing anything close to good as what Playstation has done with it, with a studio they had done exclusives with many many times. And Sony owns the most financially successful part of the IP, the movie rights. So they done a deal with Marvel

Like the rumoured Indie Jones games by Xbox but without any movie rights etc

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I imagine the majority of sales are the ultimate edition because the ps4 version doesnt sell as well. (People are waiting to buy it on ps5)
yeah, Playstation on youtube had to re-release the original PS5 launch trailer as a PS4 trailer last November to tell people this thing is actually on PS5.

Yoboman

Miss me with this comment

220px-Spider-Man_2_Game_Cover.jpg

131308-ultimate-spider-man-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

EDIT: Banjo64 Banjo64 beat me to it
And how were things going after that? You listed some PS2 games but there were plenty more after. Activision put no effort in and the sales reflected that

Heck, Activision is a primary reason licensed IP had a TERRIBLE reputation until Arkham Asylum came along and showed it could be done well

Last edited:
Top Bottom