• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Miles Morales sold 70% less copies than 2018's Spider-Man

Bo_Hazem

Banned
9.2TF and Miles Morales broke my heart.

C-Bomb is my new friend.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

I'm talking about when comparing to the full fledged game from which the expansion comes. So Miles Morales from Spider-Man, First Light from Second Son, Left Behind from TLOU, Lost Legacy from Uncharted 4. None of those standalone expansions sold better the "parent" game.
It's mainly because there are not enough PS5s out yet. Most of the sales for MM have been on the PS5. The general public and average consumer is not going to view MM as an expansion. They are going to view it as a Spiderman game with a new character to play with. It could end up having almost identical sales to the parent game in the long run. Whenever PS5s are available, the game has a very high attachment rate.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's mainly because there are not enough PS5s out yet. Most of the sales for MM have been on the PS5. The general public and average consumer is not going to view MM as an expansion. They are going to view it as a Spiderman game with a new character to play with. It could end up having almost identical sales to the parent game in the long run. Whenever PS5s are available, the game has a very high attachment rate.
Yeah, 20 million is pretty much a given at this stage. Most new PS5 owners will get Spider-Man Miles Morales as their first game. This is the reason why the game still hasn't been discounted. It will have really long legs.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yeah, 20 million is pretty much a given at this stage. Most new PS5 owners will get Spider-Man Miles Morales as their first game. This is the reason why the game still hasn't been discounted. It will have really long legs.
It's funny, when talking about game sales having legs, long legs is usually a common thing discussed.

Looking at some of the recent replies, this doesn't count now for a mountain of reasons.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
One of the worst posters here. I usually don't like pile ons but Happy to see him get dunked on.
Yep when there's an argument between users here, i tend to try to make understand eachother, especially when I realised most of the time the argument is either between people that agree eachother but formulate it in a different way or are just both talking about 2 different things.
But this one has not even once been interesting or contructive on this forum which is extraordinary, even by mistake you can be relevant here and there.
and what's funnier is how he sees himself as a good guy with high moral being probably one of the worst users here.
I very much rather talk with full fanboys of any side than him.

Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

Almost 5 months later when its most likely been picked up at less than it retail price lol. Sad you really waited 5 months for that poor reply
Let me get this straight. Five months ago you celebrated some obviously BS data that stated Miles Morales sold poorly. Then, when you got proven wrong and called out on it, you make fun of others for caring? Then you further try to discredit the game?

That's kind of pathetic man. Take the L. Admit you're wrong. And don't be hypocritical by saying others "care too much" about something that you, yourself, are clearly worked up over.

Congratulations to Miles Morales. I really liked the game. I liked it better than the first game, mainly because of superior pacing (and no stealth crap).

Last edited:
Most people actually think it’s a PS5 exclusive.

Anecdotal but I have plenty of friends who wants to play Miles Morales but tells me they don’t have a PS5 yet so they haven’t bought the game yet.
Came here to say this. I'm a teacher and the other day, one of my students who owns a ps4 said he can't wait to get a PS5 so he can play Miles Morales. I googled it to make sure it was in fact on PS4 and most of the kids were surprised to hear that it was actually on PS4.

Came here to say this. I'm a teacher and the other day, one of my students who owns a ps4 said he can't wait to get a PS5 so he can play Miles Morales. I googled it to make sure it was in fact on PS4 and most of the kids were surprised to hear that it was actually on PS4.

Wow. I just realized I'm qualified to be a teacher. I know what platform all the major AAA games are on.

Kerotan

MM is a big hit. But the amount of people waiting to buy it with their Ps5 is crazy. It's why Sony haven't put it on sale yet.

I've to finish Ghost of Tsutshima, metro exodus, control and the new ratchet and then I'll be looking to buy the ultimate edition of MM. So sometime this summer and hopefully I get a small discount on the UE by then.

MM is a big hit. But the amount of people waiting to buy it with their Ps5 is crazy. It's why Sony haven't put it on sale yet.
I think people who are used to PS4 games having major price cuts months after release will be in for a rude awakening with PS5. I believe Sony is making a conscious effort to keep their game prices at or near original MSRP for years, similar to Nintendo.

Kerotan

I think people who are used to PS4 games having major price cuts months after release will be in for a rude awakening with PS5. I believe Sony is making a conscious effort to keep their game prices at or near original MSRP for years, similar to Nintendo.
No chance they do it for years. Now makes sense though because so many people are willing to buy MM or Demon souls full price but can't get their hands on a Ps5.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There is definitely a new trend right now. I am surprised neither Demon's Souls or Spider-Man UE has been discounted yet; it has been 6 months. What's more surprising is that even Sackboy didn't get a discount yet!!

But I think (at least I hope lol) this trend will change after 8-15 months when PS5 becomes easily available on the shelf.

Top Bottom