• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man modder banned for replacing pride flag with the American flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seider

Why people think american flag is opposite to pride flag?

If Insomniac has put both flags in the game, they must like both, i think. But they cannot use pride flag in countries where homosexuality is illegal, like arabics countries.

What a idiotic mod... but no where near as idiotic as this just activating the S.A. version's textures.

Apparently when Insomniac removes a pride flag it's perfectly okay, but when a player does it it's a banworthy offense?

Insanity. Either you stand by your morals, or you don't. You can't have both.

Last edited:

RyRy93

And people say the woke agenda doesnt exist. You WILL eat up our lgbtq propaganda, and you WILL like it.
Mods can, and always have, been able to change pretty much what they want ina game, but you cant change this agenda drivel. If people want to change this shit, they should be allowed to.

Also as a non American, whats with the hate towards the US flag i'm increasingly seeing online?. I thought it was something that people respected?.
They won't stop until the stripes on the flag form a rainbow

Finally the thread to keep me out of this alt-right cesspool forever. Thanks everyone. Keep hating the gay flags everyday because we’re not going anywhere.
807825.jpg

American flag detected. You are banned, Adolf.

Labolas

I think it's ridiculous considering the amount of gay and pride shit that's allowed on Nexus. Double standards. Nexus should be held accountable for this.

Orta

Banned
Ah, I forgot that shit was in this game. Hopefully the mod is available elsewhere, be gay if you want but I ain't so kindly fuck off with your 24/7 reminders a minority of people are.

Robochobo

How "tolerant" and respectful of others lifestyles and personal beliefs these people are /s. The LGBTQism community really needs to understand they're not a persecuted people in the modern world, and for practicality all of human history have existed and participated in society and in some cultures (the Ancient Greeks for example) it was part of the culture. People will literally bend over backwards to accommodate and validate them in whatever shape or form.

At this point its a political statement for these people, and if you don't conform to their ridiculous notion of what constitutes homophobia or hate in the modern day you're a bigot. Remember these are the exact same people that push their own agenda on others regardless of practical reasoning. The types to say Frodo and Sam are gay because in their own essentially bigoted viewpoint, two men can't platonically love each other as friends without obviously wanting to fuck each other. The same can be said about closed-minded mongs who see any sort of affection to the same sex as gay and therefore disgusting and they're just as retarded.

Amazing how Nexus can allow mods that allow you to murder children in games and reduce their clothing to what equates to lingerie find this offensive and worthy of removing. Shocking.
uSd9z3t.gif

I’m gay. I’ve never been to a pride parade, never wore any pride apparel, etc. so I don’t “shove it in people’s face.”

Gays like us exist.

This is yet another homophobic-ass thread on here. It’s a fucking flag and it’s not an “agenda.”

This will also be yet another definitely “non-political” thread even though it’s totally political.

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
nexus hasn't been relevant for a while now, discords is where it is.
Your sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Nexus is a mod database.
Discord is community/chat tool.
They do completely different things.

I'd say 90% of mods out there you need to go to the Nexus for.
At least if they are not on Steam's workshop or one of the rare cases of games providing their own mod management.

Either way, that Nexus bans a modder for something as innocuous as this is an extreme warning sign and I'll try to avoid Nexus from now on whenever possible.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
I’m gay. I’ve never been to a pride parade, never wore any pride apparel, etc. so I don’t “shove it in people’s face.”

Gays like us exist.

This is yet another homophobic-ass thread on here. It’s a fucking flag and it’s not an “agenda.”

This will also be yet another definitely “non-political” thread even though it’s totally political.
I think it’s speaking in generalizations and not you personally or even most people.

I could be wrong but I think their offense is with a relatively small group or people they feel are “white knighting”.

Boss Mog

Finally the thread to keep me out of this alt-right cesspool forever. Thanks everyone. Keep hating the gay flags everyday because we’re not going anywhere.
Why does your sexuality deserve a flag that is put on buildings, some of them government buildings no less? Are you special or something? Why should a US government building have a flag of your sexuality on it rather than a US flag? Being against pride flags has nothing to do with being against LGBT people, it's being against an obvious and very unnecessary and toxic show of power and intimidation.

59587239-10956787-image-a-120_1656346756351.jpg

Why does your sexuality deserve a flag that is put on buildings, some of them government buildings no less? Are you special or something? Why should a US government building have a flag of your sexuality on it rather than a US flag? Being against pride flags has nothing to do with being against LGBT people, it's being against an obvious and very unnecessary and toxic show of power and intimidation.

59587239-10956787-image-a-120_1656346756351.jpg
What a fucking garbage post and tweet. Conform to what? How does it hurt you if a guy is attracted to other guys and if a girl is attracted to other girls? I know for a fact that this is how I’ve always been. So my choice is to either live as a gay person or to try to live a lie as a “straight” person or never experience love.

“Conform” lmfao what a load of manure.

Again: the fact that people in this thread claim homophobia doesn’t exist in the modern world is laughable.

Hit me with your disingenuous arguments and your “laughing” and “triggered” reactions

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
So tell me how removing the flag isn’t homophobia.
Yeah, considering the guy who changed it just used code that Sony already had in place to specifically use in countries where gays are being oppressed it’s definitely homophobic at its core.

Although if someone made a mod to remove all American flags in the game (or better yet exchange all the flags in the game with pride flags) I doubt anyone would bat an eye, despite being racist..

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Ohhhh okay! So tell me how removing the flag isn’t homophobia. Tired of the disingenuous discourse around totally “non-political” stuff.
Easy: You can be annoyed by all the constant virtue signaling being shoved in your face everywhere (especially with things that have nothing to do with sexuality or gender).
Which doesn't mean you have anything against any specific sexuality or gender.
It's really not complicated.

To think that being annoyed at the the constant virtue signaling and flag-waving has anything to do with homophobia is purely idiotic.
I'm also annoyed at the constant Palestine-flag waving whenever something is even remotely Israel-related.
Does that mean I hate Palestine? Nope. I just think it's dumb (the flag-waving, not Palestine).

I know for a fact that this is how I’ve always been.
That's great for you, and I doubt anyone here actually thinks less of you for it. I sure don't.
But that has exactly nothing to do with a flag.

Last edited:
Ohhhh okay! So tell me how removing the flag isn’t homophobia. Tired of the disingenuous discourse around totally “non-political” stuff.
Homophobia = hating men who like it up the bum.
Not homophobia = being against a political agenda and its flag.

Most of us are in the second part, I assume. I literally couldn't care less about your sexual preferences as long as consenting adults are involved.

Boss Mog

What a fucking garbage post and tweet. Conform to what? How does it hurt you if a guy is attracted to other guys and if a girl is attracted to other girls? I know for a fact that this is how I’ve always been. So my choice is to either live as a gay person or to try to live a lie as a “straight” person or never experience love.

“Conform” lmfao what a load of manure.

Again: the fact that people in this thread claim homophobia doesn’t exist in the modern world is laughable.

Hit me with your disingenuous arguments and your “laughing” and “triggered” reactions
So you quote me but don't answer my question, ignore what I said and instead accuse me of homophobia. I could care less if guys like guys and girls like girls, people should be free to like who they like, but why do they need to put flags everywhere (including schools and other government buildings), have parades and come violently for anybody who questions those elements?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Comes down to intent. Modders dig through game files and see what they can mess with, as a rule. Since the alternate flag was apparently in the game files, I wouldn’t necessarily jump to an assumption of hateful intent from the modder unless they signaled that in some way with their Nexus post or in other interactions, which may or may not have been the case. Hard to say now since it’s been removed. The news story in the OP only mentions the hateful comments section prompting controversy. Fair to remove the mod, unclear whether it’s fair to ban the modder without more information. If we could discuss this without being at each other’s throats, I would ask someone to look at the modder’s readme file for more context.

Nothing wrong with the pride flag though. If the sight of it triggers you maybe get into therapy. It should not be edited out for middle eastern markets, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom