• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: No Way Home nears $1.7 billion & becomes the 6th highest grossing film of all time worldwide

3liteDragon

Felt like this deserved a thread cause this is insane, on track to top Avatar's $760M domestically (U.S. & Canada) & pass $1 billion overseas next weekend WITHOUT a single penny from China. I think it would've passed Titanic ($2.2 billion) to become the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time worldwide if it released in China, but it's impressive that it's gonna end it's theatrical run at $1.8 billion without China anyway.

All-time worldwide chart as of right now:
ISFB5NP.png

All-time domestic chart (U.S. & Canada combined) as of right now:
xTjTw0i.png

Last edited:

The Skull

Lot of scenes cut in this as well apparently. Wonder if they would consider an extended edition release or just leave that to home releases and streaming.

Urban

Just came out of the theater without watching any trailers or seeing posters before but damn the offical posters are literally spoiling everything lol.

Amiga

Deserved. this number is almost double the average gross of of a SM movie. Sony should take the hint fans want to see both Toby and Andrew again.

Why is it banned in China?
Searched about this, said to be approved but with no release date. could go beyond 2b if it released.

Aggelos

Was asking myself "why hasn't this been released in China?" and the answer was:

"In November 2021, the film was reported to be getting a theatrical release in China, making it the first Phase Four film to do so as Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, and Eternals were not released in the country, though as of December 2021, there is no release date, in part because of diplomatic tensions between China and the United States, including the planned U.S. diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics."

Last edited:

Amiga

No offence to Marvel’s attempt but the main draw for this film is Sony’s first trilogy. Toby Maguire, Alfred Molina and Willem Defoe. Perfection, even now.
And the unfinished business with the Garfield story. His movies could be the worst conception wise but as Peter Parker he is the best IMOO.

3liteDragon

how about ticket sales. in 1939 cinemas were much less than today. so 1 ticket had to cost much more(inflation adjusted) than it dose today for GWTW to gross this much.
Adjusting for inflation might seem like a wonky buzz-kill to James Cameron's opus, but it's really important. The average ticket price in 1939, when Gone with the Wind hit theaters, was 23 cents. My Avatar ticket cost $10.50. That's 45-times more expensive!

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
All this does is make me desperately wish that I was able to know what it would have made if covid was not a thing.

I honestly feel like it would be top two at the very least.

Top Bottom