• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - Spoiler Thread

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony has to release The Amazing Spider-Man 3, it will continue off where Andrew Garfield's character returns to his universe and sets up that versions Sinister Six and hopefully this time he fights an Alien from Space.
Tobey Maguire fought Venom and Tom Holland fought Thanos and his army. Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man HAS to fight an alien in TAS3.
Why just The Amazing Spider-Man 3?
why not a trilogy picking up from TASM2
Do the whole Sinister Six and have 4 be when he stops pulling his punches and at the end of the last film have the multiverse portal open from his side.

TGO

Did Peter’s new “homemade” suit at the end still have expressive eyes? I hope they don’t go back on those at least
No, they are static like Tobey's and Andrews.
basically his suit has a mix of Tobey's & Andrews suits and more accurate to the comics
same with Spider logo on his suit.
The shitty MCU logo design is gone.
No bullshit Stark tech.

Did Peter’s new “homemade” suit at the end still have expressive eyes? I hope they don’t go back on those at least
Believe it or not I actually couldn't tell from the 20-30 seconds of footage of him swinging around at night that didn't focus on his face. But I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I'd like to think so considering his original home made suit used goggles to help his eyesight and focus.

Yea if his original homemade suit had the expressive goggles, there's no reason why this new one wouldn't and no reason to assume that they are static eyes.

Dunno if it's been talked about but the first post-credits scene with Venom pissed me off if Im assuming what happened, happened. They tease Tom Hardy is going against Peter in Venom 2 and now I'm hit with the fact that he goes back but just a part of venom remains. The charm of Venom is not just the alien but Tom Hardy's acting as well. If he does not return in Spiderman I'll be pissed.

ManaByte

Dunno if it's been talked about but the first post-credits scene with Venom pissed me off if Im assuming what happened, happened. They tease Tom Hardy is going against Peter in Venom 2 and now I'm hit with the fact that he goes back but just a part of venom remains. The charm of Venom is not just the alien but Tom Hardy's acting as well. If he does not return in Spiderman I'll be pissed.
The Office Thank You GIF

Sybrix

Personally I’m glad we’re getting a different Venom in the MCU.

Venom 1 was good, Venom 2 was meh… tbh I don’t like Hardy as Eddie Brock.

Venom handled by the MCU will be so much better than what Sony have given us

sol_bad

I'm personally very happy it's not happening. Tom Hardy was fun to watch but I didn't like Venom 1 or 2 at all.
It also sort of hints that Blade and Morbius will not show up in the same film. Based on trailers, Morbius very clearly takes place in the Venom universe. Unless the Morbius film does take place in the MCU universe before being sucked back to the Venomverse.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I wonder where Peper is in all of this? Would be curious to see the legal side in some type of novelization

I'd be pissed if they forced made Tom Hardy's Venom into this version of Spiderman, so our pissy-ness cancels out :)

Damn, you guys sure don't like Venom huh? Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor and while yes the Venom movies are not that great, it's not his fault. It's whoever is behind the writing and directing. Tom carried both movies and with someone better directing him, he would most def shine.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Damn, you guys sure don't like Venom huh? Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor and while yes the Venom movies are not that great, it's not his fault. It's whoever is behind the writing and directing. Tom carried both movies and with someone better directing him, he would most def shine.
I love Tom Hardy, a lot, I just don’t like this character he’s playing or see how it would fit as a “villain” in the mcu spider-man. i’d rather get something far.more menacing. could you image how Silly it would be to have MCU spider-man wearing the black suite and hearing THAT venom voice talking to him

YukiOnna

But what kind of conflict would even happen? That version of Eddie has no reason. It would be so boring if he's not a dick.
I have no problem with Hardy as Venom or the Venom movies, but it also makes no sense for those two to be at each other's throats.

Last edited:

YCoCg

People cheered when he appeared and the "Well, I guess I better go to New York and ask this Peter Parker some questions" line before groaning at the instant 180.

tbh I don’t like Hardy as Eddie Brock.
Tom Hardy was fun to watch but I didn't like Venom 1 or 2 at all.
I'd be pissed if they forced made Tom Hardy's Venom into this version of Spiderman,
Guys we've just seen a film that proved writing and direction can redeem anyone, we've got people wanting more Andrew Garfield now! Imagine a more tighter refined Eddie Brock and Venom, they'd knock it out the park.

FireFly

The biggest issue I have with the film is that the if the reset only affects people's memories, the video/audio evidence that Spider-Man is Peter Parker still exists. Also the people that interacted with Peter as Spider-Man must wonder why they can't remember who he is. Like does MJ remember being rescued by Spider-Man at the beginning of the movie, and why she had to be rescued? And does she remember what happened on the monument? Or do any memories with Peter Parker as Spider-Man just get erased entirely? In which case the entire world must be experiencing a kind of collective amnesia on the scale of a snap event.

The biggest issue I have with the film is that the if the reset only affects people's memories, the video/audio evidence that Spider-Man is Peter Parker still exists. Also the people that interacted with Peter as Spider-Man must wonder why they can't remember who he is. Like does MJ remember being rescued by Spider-Man at the beginning of the movie, and why she had to be rescued? And does she remember what happened on the monument? Or do any memories with Peter Parker as Spider-Man just get erased entirely? In which case the entire world must be experiencing a kind of collective amnesia on the scale of a snap event.

I feel like this was made pretty clear. In the movie, after the spell was cast, a picture was shown of MJ and Ned, but without Peter who used to be in said picture before.

So my assumption is that the spell did more than just wipe people's memory, it actually altered reality to the point where images and videos changed as well.

Besides that, we're dealing with multiverse-altering spells here, so I try not to question things too much. Most MCU movies fall apart once you apply critical thinking.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The Amazing Spiderman 2 : Spiderman Garfield uses his web to catch Gwen and failed.

NWH : Spiderman Garfield divebomb to MJ first and uses his web latter. He doesnt want to repeat the same mistakes.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

that was such a satisfying film, you know a film is good when it makes the other films it references better. Amazing Spiderman films are dogshit but if they are just a collection of references in service to No Way Home then it's just looked as a sacrifice for the greater good.

Tobey's back pain and Dafoe's I'm sort of a scientist myself we're fucking gold.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I feel like this was made pretty clear. In the movie, after the spell was cast, a picture was shown of MJ and Ned, but without Peter who used to be in said picture before.

So my assumption is that the spell did more than just wipe people's memory, it actually altered reality to the point where images and videos changed as well.

Besides that, we're dealing with multiverse-altering spells here, so I try not to question things too much. Most MCU movies fall apart once you apply critical thinking.
what picture was that?

Omega Riddler

Neo Member
So my overall take is this is Marvel writing Spider-Man out of the MCU, and then putting all the toys back in the box so that Sony have a starting point to work with. But Marvel did it in a way that leaves an opening to reintroduce Spider-Man into the MCU. I also like the elegant and simple nature of introducing Vemon in the MCU Universe that doesn't force them to do a convoluted story of how Tom Hardy's character gets into the MCU. They get a second go at The Vulture now he doesn't know who Spider-Man is, they can do another Mysterio, they still have their own Otto Octavious, Norman and Harry Osborne, and the rest of the rouges' gallery. They took away all his gadgets and finally gave him the proper outfit. Spider-Man with Stark Tech gadgets didn't feel like Spider-Man. He should be making his own gadgets the hard way. I do have a question for you guys. Was it just me or was the way they introduced Tobey McGuire's Spider-Man a reference to the Tobey in the MCU youtube channel? They open a portal and he's just there, in the dining room.

Overall my rating is: Finally, a Spider-Man 3 that doesn't suck.

Ulysses 31

Dr. Strange does look bad with him casting such spells so casually without a hint of a second though of how unethical it is.

For example, people who met and became friends because of Spider-Man will have their lives considerably altered.

manfestival

The movie was pretty fun. Though I had a bunch of questions since there are so many factors that come into play that make me wonder. Either way, I had a blast watching it. Will likely watch the movie again. Here is to hoping we can get the crossover we all deserve.... as in Shrek invading the Marvel universe as the next big Avengers event. "You thought Thanos was bad? Well the Avengers are about to get Shrek'd"

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
It was a good movie, but I felt I knew too much going into this movie. I don't look for spoilers, but somehow I had heard that Doc Oc and other villains were back, that Dr Strange is a prominent character and he fights Spiderman at some point, and that the old actors for the Spiderman role were also back into the mix. Without spoilers this would have probably been an excellent experience, but with so much spoiled in advance it was just okay, and a bit too long.

Dr. Strange does look bad with him casting such spells so casually without a hint of a second though of how unethical it is.

For example, people who met and became friends because of Spider-Man will have their lives considerably altered.

Seriously, Dr. Strange is a jobber here and everything involving him is a weak plot point of the movie. He went from a wise individual who bothers to check all the possible ramifications to his actions, to the equivalent of the dumbass in the IT department who wipes out a database because someone told him to do it.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
As I said in the other thread, I do want to see Andrew Garfield back, but probably not in ASM3. I'm having a hard time considering how they will justify it while making it different enough from the next Tom Holland film.
And then there's the quality issue, which is big over at Sony.

I definitely want to see Andrew back, but I'm not sure quite how, other then Secret Wars, or another MCU cameo. I'm open to hearing any crazy ideas on how you can make it work.

Just chiming in that I really loved the movie. I'm a big Spider-Man and Daredevil fan.....so I really loved this movie.

First time I've ever heard an audience cheer so much for a movie.

ManaByte

Seriously, Dr. Strange is a jobber here and everything involving him is a weak plot point of the movie. He went from a wise individual who bothers to check all the possible ramifications to his actions, to the equivalent of the dumbass in the IT department who wipes out a database because someone told him to do it.

Doctor Strange in Endgame: Holds water back.
Doctor Strange in No Way Home: Holds the Sony Spider-Man villain universe back.
Doctor Strange in his own sequel: Holds America Chavez's denim jacket.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
A fun crowd-pleasing film. Not much to complain about. Feels like the mcu is finally alive again after Endgame. I hope we got more Daredevil quickly and of course, me being a huge x-men fan I was hoping for at least a hint but I didn't catch any. Something like an offhand comment about a school suddenly popping up in Westchester or something lol.

Oh, and I know some don't like 'clickbaity' youtubers but some of us do. The Drinker is undoubtedly the best one imo. TLDW. He liked it.

Boss Mog

The movie was good for me but not great. They spent too much of it setting things up and then there's just one big fight scene at the end which was fairly weak tbh. Also Peter ends up worse than what the original spell was going to do for him since Strange was able to include MJ, Ned and May into the original spell before Peter fucked it up by demanding even more, and in the end he's left with nobody and May is dead making the movie feel regressive and somewhat pointless, though not totally since now Holland's Spider-man will definitely have more depth as a character going forward, but that requires them to make more Spider-man movies with him in it, which although probable, is still not confirmed. It also somewhat sends the message that it's okay to sacrifice good people if it's to help criminals. May's dead but the important thing is we were able to save all the bad guys amirite? I'm probably reading into it too much, but these days with what's going on with countless law-abiding citizens dying because the judicial system has gone soft on violent criminals and letting them re-offend, it's extremely frustrating to see a mainstream popular movie echoing that sentiment. Though I'm hoping that young people with the ability to think for themselves will actually realize that Peter made all the wrong choices from the get go and that's why he's left worse off at the end.

Last edited:
I really liked the movie but objectively speaking the plot is terrible.

It's basically how can Tom Holland make every wrong decision to ensure the movie goes on for another 20 minutes.

pramod

Banned
Seriously though, why? I've never understood this and I like that movie.
It's just the perfect Spiderman movie.
It comes closest to depicting Spiderman in the comics, a dude struggling to make it in NYC while also trying to be a superhero.
Doc Ock has the best character arc of prob any superhero movie villian. A tragic villain who redeems himself in the end.
The score
The intro

I watched it 3 times in the theaters when it came out, I didn't even watch Endgame 3 times.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I really liked the movie but objectively speaking the plot is terrible.

It's basically how can Tom Holland make every wrong decision to ensure the movie goes on for another 20 minutes.
To be fair, it's because the wizard started casting spells without first explaining to the non-wizard what the spell does exactly. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

TGO

I'm just trying to imagine HOW triggered ManaByte ManaByte was when this rolled up in the credits 😆
THE FILMMAKERS WOULD LIKE TO GRATEFULLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE ORIGINAL TRUE BELIEVER, AVI ARAD, WHOSE VISION LED THE WAY TO BRING
THESE ICONIC CHARACTERS TO THE SCREEN.

TGO

I thought kevin feige hated Avi with a burning passion? Or did Sony force that text in there?
He is executive producer on all the film's including the next one so I don't think anything was needed to be forced.
But yeah Feige understandingly hates him for interfering with past films.
Which is justified, but maybe that's under the bridge now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom