• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man PC game files have traces of upcoming PSN to PC integration

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
A launcher is extremely cheap to make
Animated GIF

Steam at least tries to add value to having a launcher with community features like Steam Workshop and community forums or family sharing where you can play games your friends and family own.
I'd argue the bigger deal are actual platform features - Controller alone makes Steam 10x more useable than any other alternative - GoG included.
It's particularly galling that MS Xbox App has perhaps the worst controller support (for both games and the application itself) of any other product on the market. But perhaps it's not surprising they don't get called out on it as the other elements (like content delivery management itself) are apparently broken beyond repair.
If it wasn't for Prime Gaming App - XBox would easily take the lead for the worst user experience on the windows platform.

Banned
anyone who's pro DRM Free game releases can thank people that buy games on Steam instead of GoG that this will never happen.

GoG is by far the best way to buy PC games, but people still bought the Steam versions instead, leading to GoG focusing on retro games again instead of pushing new releases

It'd be nice to be able to pull my PS5 Spidey save game over to PC. I've already played through the game twice. It's fun, but I don't want to do a full playthrough again.

Guilty_AI

Look at my previous reply #48 again, I made my point pretty clear. "the last thing they want" is not my point, you are taking a part of my original comment out of context.
If you mean companies and costumers interests might not always align, sure thats true. But make no mistake, its not like they're always facing-off against each other, its still in the companies best interests to do what costumers want, though unfortunately some of these companies (and thats the thing, some) might not fully understand this.

By misconception do you mean the companies themselves? Because they clearly love doing that, not only in game industry, but also movie and TV
Yes, i mean by companies themselves. In fact, talking about movies and TV with streaming platforms, those services are generally struggling accross the board rn, many people are cancelling multiple subscriptions because there's too many of them and prices are going up. You can clearly feel how shortsighted they were when they decided to start this streaming war.
I guess in games it isn't as bad because games aren't as "disposable" or cheap as movies and TV series, or maybe its just that the companies involved in games have a generally better understanding of how the digital world works (though still not perfect).

Last edited:

SeraphJan

If you mean companies and costumers interests might not always align, sure thats true. But make no mistake, its not like they're always facing-off against each other, its still in the companies best interests to do what costumers want, though unfortunately some of these companies (and thats the thing, some) might not fully understand this.
Well in the context of launcher, we certainly are, most consumer hates multiple launcher including me, but its in every companies best interests to earn 100% of the revenue, the only reason that many don't is because they knew their launcher will not win against steam because of the huge head start the latter had.

But in case of well established giants such as MS and Sony, they will at least give it a try, expecting them launching their own launcher is not crazy, and while they are trying it, I'll just have to live with that and hope its not another meaningless trash that had no additional feature but with increased resource drain.

And don't forget, consumers interest isn't always aligned as well, some prefer Steam only, some prefer multiple platform to compete against each other (and it make sense too, pressure from other platform could incentivize steam to improve even further), its not a black and white scenario.

Last edited:
I would favor getting first and third party games on a PlayStation storefront on PC if it meant they were crossbuy. To me that the only way PlayStation could really be relevant in the PC space.

GreatnessRD

They need to get party chat integration between PC and console users. The in-game chat for games like Apex is the drizzling shits.

Fahdis

anyone who's pro DRM Free game releases can thank people that buy games on Steam instead of GoG that this will never happen.

GoG is by far the best way to buy PC games, but people still bought the Steam versions instead, leading to GoG focusing on retro games again instead of pushing new releases

If GOG had regional pricing, achievements in every game and new games I wouldn't even look at Steam. GOG Galaxy is by far the best launcher for my gaming needs.

zeroluck

Make sense they want to sell on their own store, if you look at the ASP of their games on PC is only $25, there is room to grow.

Fahdis

Well in the context of launcher, we certainly are, most consumer hates multiple launcher including me, but its in every companies best interests to earn 100% of the revenue, the only reason that many don't is because they knew their launcher will not win against steam because of the huge head start the latter had.

But in case of well established giants such as MS and Sony, they will at least give it a try, expecting them launching their own launcher is not crazy, and while they are trying it, I'll just have to live with that and hope its not another meaningless trash that had no additional feature but with increased resource drain.

And don't forget, consumers interest isn't always aligned as well, some prefer Steam only, some prefer multiple platform to compete against each other (and it make sense too, pressure from other platform could incentivize steam to improve even further), its not a black and white scenario.

Say what you like but please get Ubisoft the FUCK back on Steam. Please!

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
My Vita 2 (Steam Deck) can not wait for this. I imagine that eventually PS+ will get a PC offering too 🤞

Fahdis

For what, their soulless checklist products?

Don't care if you like their shit or not. I buy their "soulles products" after years to give me the opportunity to complete my library.

Who the fuck actually plays games in here? Its a full list of backlogs and collectathons. More time to shitpost on forums than playing.

Top Bottom