• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Remastered is PlayStation's biggest PC launch in the UK. 4th biggest PC release this year.

Spider-Man Remastered is PlayStation's biggest PC launch in the UK​

It's the fourth fastest-selling PC game of the year
Spider-Man Remastered is PlayStation's fastest selling PC launch yet in the UK, according to the latest GSD data.

The game's opening week sales are 26% higher than the previous major PlayStation PC title: God of War, which was relesaed in January.

It’s the fourth biggest PC game launch of the year in the UK, behind Elden Ring, Total War: Warhammer 3 and LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
Gamesindustry.biz

So much for lack of sales, too expensive, "looks dated already", lol.

Don't forget: this is a 4 year old port doing these numbers.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cool news, once they have tried the PC money I'm sure they won't stop porting their games there.

tronied

This is a positive for everyone:
- For those that do not own a PS5 and are invested in the Xbox + PC platforms to play the games.
- For Sony and their game studios as they get more money from sales to invest in other projects

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
dunston checks in monkey GIF by Romy

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
They are calculating this how? I presume there weren't any boxed release.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Landing behind Warhammer and Lego isnt something to celebrate but this is a 4 year old game so maybe the PC audience does own consoles and have played it already. It will be interesting to see Day One sales splits. Sucks that TLOU remake isnt being released day one but if it lands with in a month, it will be a much better barometer of the demand of PS IPs on PC than comparing sales of 4 year old games.

Nixxes shouldve been given either TLOU remake or GOW Ragnorak PC ports to get these ports ready at launch.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spider-Man is crowed with quality villains in a good way, there’s a whole lot to do in NY and Harlem.

A release like Spider-Man getting beat by Total War: Warhammer 3 and LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is in no way impressive, lets be honest here.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

A release like Spider-Man getting beat by Total War: Warhammer 3 and LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is in no way impressive, lets be honest here.
You have:
Total war -> Very popular RTS series + Warhammer -> Extremely popular and iconic tabletop series
and
Lego -> THE Lego + Star wars -> THE Star wars

I don't why you guys think those games wouldn't possibly sell like pancakes

Last edited:
You have:
Total war -> Very popular RTS series + Warhammer -> Extremely popular and iconic tabletop series
and
Lego -> THE Lego + Star wars -> THE Star wars

I don't why you guys think those games wouldn't possibly sell like pancakes

And those are day one games, not 4 year old ports.

I bet if the game had sold worse people here would say ,” see, this is proof that sony will do day and date releases soon they are losing money waiting so long, even spider-man isn’t selling” <—-which is what they did when the concurrent play count didnt top gow

Now because its proved to be selling better than gow its “see, sony loves that money and will be bringing their games day and date a lot sooner” :pie_roffles:

Truth is, sonys strategy is working fine. They’ve cracked the code, they get the brunt of the sales on their platform through their store where they pay no split, have people buy their consoles, pay for their services to play them online, etc.

Then once those games are in the bargain bin or free on ps plus, they release them on pc for 50-60 dollars again and sell another 2 million copies. Spider-man is FREE on PSN right now, and its being sold for 60 dollars on steam and epic lol

But yeah im sure jim ryan is tossing and turning in his bed from losing all that day one pc money, pirates be damned🤔

Last edited:

Leviathicus

Neo Member
Wow, I've never played it but I didn't know Total War: Warhammer 3 was SO popular to the point of surpassing a spider man game.

Top Bottom