• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman No Way Home brought back the villains but why not Gwen Stacey or Harry Osborn?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
In the movie, a Doctor Strange spell goes wrong. and everyone who ever knew the identity of Spiderman is brought back to life or into the new Spiderman universe. This means all Spiderman villains who knew that Peter was Spiderman including dead ones like Green Goblin and Doctor Octavious. Both Spidermen are also brought into this universe because obviously they know the true identity of Spiderman.

However, Kirsten Dunst MJ is a no-show. James Franco dies in the third spiderman movie, and hes a no show. Venom also dies at the end of Spiderman 3. He doesnt show up either. Gwen Stacey dies in Amazing Spiderman 2 just like Jaime Foxx, but only Jaime Foxx turns up.

Is this a plot hole or am I overthinking a kids movie? Wouldve been nice to have Gwen Stacey meet Andrew Garfield's spiderman at the end.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
They didn’t ask the actors and they didn’t want to increase the budget for the cameos. Also where do you fit them into that story?

Gifmaker

They didn’t ask the actors and they didn’t want to increase the budget for the cameos. Also where do you fit them into that story?
Bully McGuire having a final reunion with Harry would have been very touching though and absolutely fitted the movie. In fact, it rubbed me the wrong way a little that Peter's only reminescence of Harry was that he died after trying to kill him. Really paints Harry in a way worse light. Dude died saving Pete's life after all.

Doom85

Strange said that people were starting to slip through the cracks in the multiverse. In the climax, more were about to emerge but then Peter’s requested spell that Strange cast solved the issue. So that’s why only five people (that we know of) appeared.

The real slip up is Morbius where Vulture arrives in his world despite neither of Strange’s spells having any effect that would have caused that.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
James Franco was cancelled and Emma Stone was pregnant in 2021 so I don't think she could even if she they wanted
But I don't think they was planned to appear anyway.
Andrew even lied to Emma Stone about being in it and she wasn't happy that.

Top Bottom