• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Lore Update: Squid Sister Stories (Look What You Did Marie Fans!)

Kodaman

whothesuspenseiskillingme_1567f0f11862b40.gif

why would you do this, nintendo

At this rate, Marie is going to find Callie on a bridge standing on the wrong side of the railing

The single-player will start with trying to talk her down, but nothing the player can do will stop it from happening. The rest of that mode will be a Gone Home-like experience desperately looking for keepsakes of their time together

woopWOOP

I'm gonna go with Callie got squidnapped because the Octarians want to get in on that live Squid-Pop concert action and after the final boss is defeated Callie still ain't going home because atleast she's adored by the creepy tentacle people.
And then actual world peace is achieved thanks to funky fresh squidkid music

atr0cious

I'm gonna go with Callie got squidnapped because the Octarians want to get in on that live Squid-Pop concert action and after the final boss is defeated Callie still ain't going home because atleast she's adored by the creepy tentacle people.
And then actual world peace is achieved thanks to funky fresh squidkid music
Callie is being forced to reenact her one squid show, Simple Splat. And now she's gone full Octarian. You never go full Octarian.

de_reddy

Neo Member
Please have a badass noir revenge driven singleplayer campaign. Make those oktofokkaz pay for what they did to Callie! Smear their innards all over the place, Marie Payne style!

D.Lo

Depends on who you see as evil.

Was it not the Inklings who drove to Octarians under ground? Who is the say that we're not just a kid now and a squid now but also evil overlords now?
Are you saying...

...from her perspective the Jedi are evil?

D.Lo

I'll be OK if this is the box art.
It's funny, Splatoon has mountains of amazing artwork, espesically these ink-block paintings.

But the actual game covers are kind of generic and lame.

I guess market research shows the general public needs a generic action gameplay image as a the cover.

Top Bottom