• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Remake Job Listing Reveals The Original Game’s Story Is Being Rewritten For Modern Audiences

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Well I mean more so with MGSIV, MGSV etc. I feel the gameplay in those titles is the best for stealth based on how that open world element allows you to decide how you complete the mission and you feel like you are in more control vs a scripted type thing with Splinter Cell. I like both IP, simply that I like the gameplay and story in the MGS series where I just like the gameplay in the SC series, but not as much as the last MGS titles.

but who knows, a reboot in some open world like MGSV or Wildlands could be huge.
Think that has more to do with the fact that splinter cell just sort of fell off after chaos theory while MGS kept its mojo and stayed consistent (though a lot of people do not like mgs5's story)

TLZ

Banned
iu

The new lead for Splinter Cell.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

00_Zer0

[/URL]

A job listing for a scriptwriter on the upcoming Splinter Cell Remake at Ubisoft has indicated the development team are revamping the story for modern audiences.

Here’s a description of the job:
Oh Ubisoft....🙄

Glad most of the Japanese market is impervious to this kind of garbage, could you imagine some western company going in and changing a Japanese developers game? My only fear would be Konami letting their dormant franchises like Metal Gear, Castlevania, or Silent Hill go to a Western developer and modernize or change them so badly that it is hardly recognizable from the source material.

Oh Ubisoft....🙄

Glad most of the Japanese market is impervious to this kind of garbage, could you imagine some western company going in and changing a Japanese developers game? My only fear would be Konami letting their dormant franchises like Metal Gear, Castlevania, or Silent Hill go to a Western developer and modernize or change them so badly that it is hardly recognizable from the source material.
Konami would turn those franchises into pinball and pachinko machines before giving them to anyone else.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Makes sense.

Majority of games now strive to really reflect the modern western world, which means being as diverse and inclusive as possible. Same with most films, novels and even places of work.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sam Fisher is a lesbian woman in the next game. I wouldn't care as long as the gameplay is just as good as the original. That's all I want.
When I read this I was thinking mostly like changing Russians or North Koreans to something more relatable and maybe the themes of income disparity. Basically what James Bond movies did after Goldeneye.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Oh Ubisoft....🙄

Glad most of the Japanese market is impervious to this kind of garbage, could you imagine some western company going in and changing a Japanese developers game?
Less senpai, notice me, pantsu and pondering to horny school students? Truly a horrific idea. /s

A lone enemy guard on patrol duty.
Suddenly, he hears a noise behind him.
He stares in the darkness, and then familiar sound is heard.
Three glowing green orbs light up, one after another. and then pink hair.

Why is it so hard to follow the blueprint and philosophy of REmake and REmake 2? It's clearly what people love when it comes to remakes, and it's profitable. It's a nearly universally loved plan, and the safest bet for such a loved franchise with a history. I honestly don't get it.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Sam Fisher(he/him)

I hope this means they’ll update the threats with something more relevant in 2022 or something like basic dialogue and not censor stuff. Tbh I don’t even remember anything from the games that I’d consider “not acceptable” but it’s been years since I played them.

CGNoire

When I read this I was thinking mostly like changing Russians or North Koreans to something more relatable and maybe the themes of income disparity. Basically what James Bond movies did after Goldeneye.
Holy shit I never noticed that pattern before but your right.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Again, shit excuse to change what doesn't need to change... Everything being "adapted to new audiences" fail because the new audiences aren't THAT different from original audiences more often than not, woke shit and fortnite dances won't magically make young people buy your product, Mario movie and other media products have shown that "modern audiences" is just a marketing fetiche that doesn't align with reality the same way they think it does.

RagnarokIV

I saw blacklist on sale. Does it hold up?
Story is shockingly bad. Sam Fisher is just a cardboard cutout now.
Gameplay is basically Conviction but with stealth mechanics forced awkwardly in. Plays a bit like someone modded the ability to pickup bodies into Conviction.

Full of shit ubisoft characters too (Charlie is cringe, the arms dealer guy is comic relief character too).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Plot: After upsetting some people online with a Tweet, Sam finds himself cancelled. If that’s not enough Sam takes on a new threat as he works from home to stop it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The citizens of Neo City are on razors edge. While the mayor has approved car pool lanes to alleviate highway gridlock, there may be hidden evil.

Your goal as Sam Fisher is to investigate various offices strewn across town to see if concrete companies, including ones who make signs and paint lines have bribed the mayor. Danger lurks in the lobbies as the receptionists might not let you in. And once per day, minimum wage security guards carrying no weapons patrol the floors. Roll the dice on whether the cameras on every floor are actually working or not.

Last edited:

YuLY

I hope this comes out before Ubisoft implodes and is sold off piece by piece. So next year at the latest.

Top Bottom