• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splitgate Launch Delayed to Aug. 2 After 2 Million Players Flood Servers

"Following Splitgate’s servers shutdown due to some much-needed optimization, 1047 Games has announced that the Splitgate launch has been delayed to August 2 following over two million players downloading the beta! The free-to-play game was originally set to launch on July 27 on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4 and PS5."

Dav-Kripler

It will still be up and running on the 27th of July based on the messaging. It's a great game and I'm glad they are getting the mad success they are. It will be interesting to see what gets added to it once it's leaves beta.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Pretty fun game, imagine if this game keeps its popularity for a few years, the kids playing now will be insane at 'portalling' in a few years.

But for the love of god can someone come up with a more cohesive F2P menu/lobby, they're always a fucking shit show of battle passes and rewards and shit popping up everywhere.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Splitgate sells itself as "Halo meets Portal", and has recently blown up in popularity. Jean-Luc is here to tell you the game is the real deal and worth checking out.

This free-to-play early access shooter has actually been around for over 2 years now but recently it has taken the internet by storm going from a peak player count of less than 1,000 back in June to over 67,000 at the time of this video and growing, thanks to it’s recent release on PlayStation and Xbox. In an age where the competitive shooter space is highly crowded, and indie shooters don’t really make much of an impression, this is impressive to say the least. It begs two questions, what makes Splitgate so damn appealing and should you play it?

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Better than Halo, no doubt.
- and they even have a nextgen patch ready pretty soon, so a small team of devs who just released a game on consoles are doing a better job than Respawn, who released Apex Legends (wait for it) 2 and a half years ago - and they still haven't released a nextgen patch 😂

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I tried this the other night because I thought it was going to be another bullshit game that Twitch morons and the hordes of kiddies who don't know any better were meming into existence, and I wanted to be sure that it was total shit before I went back to ignoring it.

But, holy fuck. My ten minutes turned into an hour, which then turned into two hours. It's REALLY fucking good. Kills feel great, mobility feels great, the weapons are fun to use, and it isn't a game full of grinding for better guns so that no lifers and 15 year olds can dominate anyone who has a job. It's a really good game, and I hope Infinite doesn't crush it.

Droxcy

Played the beta about a year ago game solid gun play and mechanics happy to see the excitement from everyone

Top Bottom