• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splitgate: Season 2 - Official Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the trailer to see what to expect with Splitgate's Beta Season 2, available now. The latest update brings three new modes, the remastered map: Abyss, a new battle pass, a new progression system, and custom map sharing to the free-to-play first-person shooter game.

Splitgate is available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

Banned
this game deserves way more love than it gets. I really think the server issues they had when the console versions launched tanked its success.

it's made by like 12 people and already is a more complete Halo game than Infinite

Biff

I think the literal top of the tech market bubble was when 1047 Games was valued at ONE POINT FIVE BILLON UNITED STATES DOLLARS at peak Splitgate hype.

Gawd DAMN did they con those boomer private equity dudes. Good for them. Probably the worst investment in the history of video games.

Last edited:

Banned
this game is trash. Uninspired, overly repetitive, overly simple gameplay.

lol overly simple gameplay. I would love to know which modern shooters you'd say do not have "oberly simple" gameplay then, just for reference

also which arena shooter isn't repetitive? that's the fucking case for every online shooter... you have like 10 maps and a few modes and play them over and over, that's literally every shooter on the planet.

and honestly if you think Splitgate is trash then I don't even wanna know how you think about Halo Infinite, I mean I hate that game but if Splitgate id already "trash" then Infinite has to be literally Hitler in your mind right? 🤣

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
lol overly simple gameplay. I would love to know which modern shooters you'd say do not have "oberly simple" gameplay then, just for reference

also which arena shooter isn't repetitive? that's the fucking case for every online shooter... you have like 10 maps and a few modes and play them over and over, that's literally every shooter on the planet.

and honestly if you think Splitgate is trash then I don't even wanna know how you think about Halo Infinite, I mean I hate that game but if Splitgate id already "trash" then Infinite has to be literally Hitler in your mind right? 🤣
The irony is the same folks shitting on Splitgate are the same ones defending Halo Infinite.

I am not a fan of the overly powerful Auto-Aim and don’t want to deal with cross play at *all* on PC because of it - but that was my only real criticism of the game. Its a higher quality Halo title than the last few Halo games and it was made in the fraction of the time and with a fraction of a fraction of the team size.

this game deserves way more love than it gets. I really think the server issues they had when the console versions launched tanked its success.

it's made by like 12 people and already is a more complete Halo game than Infinite
I know it suppose to be cool to hate Halo but Splitgate still aint fucking with Infinite. Also Splitgate doesn’t have a campaign so how can u even compare the two.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I know it suppose to be cool to hate Halo but Splitgate still aint fucking with Infinite. Also Splitgate doesn’t have a campaign so how can u even compare the two.

Halo Infinite doesn’t even have a proper campaign. It has a shell that they can eventually build a proper campaign in over the course of 4-5 years and numerous “expansions”, But that is about it.

Banned

I can compare the two because Halo Infinite Multiplayer is basically a separate entity from the campaign, they didn't even release together.

and Splitgate is simply better in almost every way.
better controls (especially on a controller), less aim assist, more modes, more features (Level editor, custom server list etc.), more maps, more skill based gunplay (no fucking bloom instead controllable recoil), and no clamber (that alone makes it feel way more dynamic and fast)

Last edited:

Banned
Just look at the shooters people are actually playing.

which would be? (it certainly isn't Halo that's for sure)

the only Arena shooters that are somewhat relevant are Splitgate and Halo, and you can't really compare either of them to any other shooter on the market, outside of maybe Quake? but that's played even less than either Halo or Splitgate lol

Droxcy

If you're a competitive gamer that likes to use your brain and make smart plays the game scratches the itch but it did come and go fairly quickly in the competitive scene. I had my fun with it haven't played since around launch so seeing this I'll hop back in for some matches.

stickkidsam

This game is giving me the shit Halo hasn't in a long time.

A fucking pregame lobby.

That and this portal poppin' pistol rockin' rootin' tootin' trigger fookin' sharpest shootin' blast n' boopin' bonanza is fun as hell!

anthony2690

Banned
Thought the game was pretty pants myself, it was not a patch on halo and didn't touch my halo itch sadly.
Happy for those that enjoy the game though!

I can compare the two because Halo Infinite Multiplayer is basically a separate entity from the campaign, they didn't even release together.

and Splitgate is simply better in almost every way.
better controls (especially on a controller), less aim assist, more modes, more features (Level editor, custom server list etc.), more maps, more skill based gunplay (no fucking bloom instead controllable recoil), and no clamber (that alone makes it feel way more dynamic and fast)
It’s not better

Halo Infinite doesn’t even have a proper campaign. It has a shell that they can eventually build a proper campaign in over the course of 4-5 years and numerous “expansions”, But that is about it.
It has a start, middle, and ending with quests/missions so how is not a proper campaign? It also is pretty lengthy to so what the fuck are y’all talking about.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It has a start, middle, and ending with quests/missions so how is not a proper campaign? It also is pretty lengthy to so what the fuck are y’all talking about.

Its an Ubisoft Open Worlds with little diversity, content, or design. The only good thing about it was a grappling mechanic. It felt rushed and shoddily put together because *it was*.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, for a F2P game, Splitgate really isn't that bad, and last time I dabbled with it it was monetized very well too. I mean, unless they changed that, but I doubt it. It did INCREDIBLY well on console, and understandably so. My personal issue with it is that I didn't really dig a lot of the menus and UI, and thought the overall art and style just felt a tad uninspired. But, it did play and feel very solid. That being said, Splitgate's success can't be ignored for a game that came from an incredibly small team with a small budget. https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/14/1...runaway-success-of-its-debut-title-splitgate/

We've identified the problem. Arena shooters are garbage.
jeff bridges opinion GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom