• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify 2020 Wrapped - Post your stats

Kev Kev

I love going through these every year! Spotify just released their 2020 wrapped. If you haven’t seen it yet, open Spotify and it will start up for you, or it should be there on the front page.

here’s mine...

8HG1g22.jpg

ci8RBm3.jpg

uAKptFO.jpg

q3BJATS.jpg

Last edited:

TheMan

top song was Alison by SLowdive
didn't realize I listened to it that much

by the way, for those of you who were confused like me at first, you have to use your mobile device or tablet to see the wrapped stuff. PC wont' work

Last edited:
If you factor in the time spent listening to Brian and Dennis's solo albums I'm probably #1 in the world for Wilson related streams.

My top 5 is pretty much the exact same every year but this year Elliott Smith bumped out Kanye. Couldn't party as much this year for obvious reasons so not as much Ye as other years. Plenty of time to drink by myself though so I think Elliott fits that mood.

xz5tyon.jpg

vQQo2p1.jpg

9ZfbvJh.jpg

Also it should be noted California Girls and Savoy Truffle are heavily boosted because I recorded covers of them so I spent a lot of time listening to those tracks and lifting/transcribing them. Though in all fairness California Girls is usually in my top 5 every year anyway. How else is one supposed to summer?

Oh Kev Kev Kev Kev you been putting lockdown to good use and working on the jazz guitar chops?

Last edited:

Kev Kev

If you factor in the time spent listening to Brian and Dennis's solo albums I'm probably #1 in the world for Wilson related streams.

My top 5 is pretty much the exact same every year but this year Elliott Smith bumped out Kanye. Couldn't party as much this year for obvious reasons so not as much Ye as other years. Plenty of time to drink by myself though so I think Elliott fits that mood.

Oh Kev Kev Kev Kev you been putting lockdown to good use and working on the jazz guitar chops?
haha you know it! :messenger_beaming: in fact my number songis a transcription i was working on for my final project in theory IV, so i know what you mean! finished my AA just last semester during covid. i had to transcribe all instruments. its was crazy but so good for my ear. i havent transcribd whole on guitar yet. i checked out d natural blues by wes montgomery and did a few bars here and there. im really heavy into joe pass right now and im going to transcribe something from his 1998 unforgettable album. its probably my favorite jazz album ive checked out so far. ive been getting really heavy into it lately and im pretty sure im going to finish up my bachelors and masters and teach/play guitar for a living!

you play? ever transcribe any jazz stuff? got any suggestions (not too crazy lol)?

BlackOlivesMatter BlackOlivesMatter

My favorite 'punk bands' are Avril Lavigne, G.G. Allin, and The Misfits

I should look more into this thanks. I guess Distillers would also count?
Distillers are American Punk, I've drifted way more into European punk bands at this point.

some of my faves

some American bands I'm into

Kitty in a Casket is actually Austrian, just put them in the wrong spot

Last edited:
haha you know it! :messenger_beaming: in fact my number songis a transcription i was working on for my final project in theory IV, so i know what you mean! finished my AA just last semester during covid. i had to transcribe all instruments. its was crazy but so good for my ear. i havent transcribd whole on guitar yet. i checked out d natural blues by wes montgomery and did a few bars here and there. im really heavy into joe pass right now and im going to transcribe something from his 1998 unforgettable album. its probably my favorite jazz album ive checked out so far. ive been getting really heavy into it lately and im pretty sure im going to finish up my bachelors and masters and teach/play guitar for a living!

you play? ever transcribe any jazz stuff? got any suggestions (not too crazy lol)?

Yeah I went to school for jazz drumming, had to do a few transcriptions here and there. I work as a gigging musician who teaches (or I did until covid hit) so it is possible to make a living do this, I've been doing it for the past decade since I left school. My only advice is to not be picky with gigs in terms of what you play. If you want to make a living doing this, you have to play top 40 gigs and the like, you can't rely purely on jazz. Unless you're going to become jazz famous (which probably has lesser odds than actual super stardom) you have to keep an open mind to playing anything that will pay the bills.

Kev Kev

Yeah I went to school for jazz drumming, had to do a few transcriptions here and there. I work as a gigging musician who teaches (or I did until covid hit) so it is possible to make a living do this, I've been doing it for the past decade since I left school. My only advice is to not be picky with gigs in terms of what you play. If you want to make a living doing this, you have to play top 40 gigs and the like, you can't rely purely on jazz. Unless you're going to become jazz famous (which probably has lesser odds than actual super stardom) you have to keep an open mind to playing anything that will pay the bills.
ok yeah ive had a couple guitar teachers say the same. naturally i want to ignore them lol but i hear it more and more so im starting to take that advice very seriously. thanks for the heads up, ill definitely keep up on the top 50 stuff and keep my trumpet chops up too so i can hopefully score some gigs with that (i played trumpet mostly growing up, only got into guitar a few years ago). thanks again!

Kev Kev

I don't use Spotify, but my son does. He was showing me his stats yesterday and his minutes listened were over 800 000, you all seem like a bunch of rookies. I'll see if I can get him to send me a screen shot.
Lol yeah but those kids don’t even listen to the music it’s just a fashion statement to have headphones around your neck all day

GymWolf

It's not easier to just put mp3 in your phone?? You don't even need internet connection to work...

Last edited:
Top Bottom