• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sprung is the best sitcom I've seen in years (creator of My Name is Earl) - Streaming on Amazon for free, no Prime required

You remember TV right? Just turn it on, watch some ads, and enjoy FREE television and movies. Well, with people watching less TV all the time, it'll be interesting to see where add supported platforms go from here. I know several free streaming services exist, but most of them seem to just have older content.

To get to the point, Sprung is now streaming on Amazon's Freevee service, and it's the best sitcom I've seen in ages. If you have Amazon Prime, it's in the Freevee section. If you don't have Amazon Prime, you can still watch it with an Amazon account. Weirdly, even if you have Amazon Prime, you'll still get ads when watching content in that section. If you haven't heard of freevee, it used to be IMDB TV.

Anyhow, Sprung is basically about a guy who was released from prison early due to Covid, who then makes use the knowledge he gained in prison to reluctantly, but somewhat more thoughtfully, resume living life of crime. The show gets a lot of humor from the confusion and worry of the early days of Covid, but it's hardly limited to just that topic.

As the title says, the guy who created My Name is Earl also created this show, and it stars several cast members of another show of his called Raising Hope. If you liked either of those shows, there's a good chance you'll like Sprung. Seeing as this is a gaming forum, it might also interest you to know that the guy who played Trevor in GTA V has a substantial role in one episode as well.

Anyone else here happen to watch this?

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I haven't checked it out, but I will. My wife and I are always trying to find new shows to check out.

That being said, yeah, I'm actually starting to miss those old days. We got rid of our cable TV thing a few months back because we hadn't been using it at all. But now, we've kinda settled into watching Prime shows/movies around 2pm when we're both home. I tried checking out the TV the other day out of curiosity. There was nothing but static. They don't seem to have the general networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS) broadcasting even anymore.

Winter John

I never paid attention to their video service until a few months back when I couldn't find much on Netflix. I gotta say their movie selection is as good as, even better than NF's. They usually have some decent sales too. Bought a bunch of cheap movies on there

TDiddyLive

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
This betta be good, Kage!

Any hint of cheese and you're done in this town, ya hear! I'll see you watching Glee till the end of time!!

I'll watch it after footie tonight now we've just finished 1899 ;)

Top Bottom