• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces SINoALICE for mobile (Creative Director: Yoko Taro) [Up: Okabe]

M2v5VN4u

Today Square Enix announced a new game titled SINoALICE, with NieR: Automata Director Yoko Taro at the helm as Creative Director.

The game will be released in Japan this spring, with the usual free to play model with optional in-game purchases. The platforms are, you probably guessed, iOS and Android. Pre-registration is already open at the newly-launched official website.

Development is handled by Pokelabo, a well known Japanese developer of social games like Sword of Phantasia, Devil Maker Tokyo and The Samurai Kingdom. A teaser trailer was also released, showing cute protagonists and promising an ”unique and dense world" and an original story by Yoko Taro himself.

The game's tagline is definitely very ”Yoko Taro-like," as it reads ”Sore wa saiaku no monogatari," which translates as ”this is the worst story."

Here is the text featured in the debut trailer: (by Gematsu)

Do you remember? That story read to you when you were little. A story of a beautiful princess and strong hero.

But we're ignorant. Even now, the girls still wander about.

This is the ”Library," the imprisoned world, a place bound by the story's never-ending cycle.

Gathered are the characters of the story. These girls only have one wish. To resurrect the ”author."

For each darkness held by these characters, each has a desired future.

What kind of story is the conclusion of the girls that wish for the resurrection of the creator...?

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02...ce-new-game-nier-automata-director-yoko-taro/

Trailer: https://youtu.be/XKeAJDtEe9E

Battlechili

Banned
I want to be excited since the character designs are gorgeous and Yoko Taro is a genious, but I don't own a smartphone, and smartphone games tend to be watered down in comparison to other titles. :/

At least it has good music and Taro's signature weirdness. The character designs remind me of Atelier.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haven't heard of that one.

What was the reception to that game? Was the story as crazy as his concole projects?

2012 was a bit of a different era for mobile games, but here's the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmeS-1ojDk

Or, if you can't watch the video, a plot setup summary:

■ Story
Where are you, Dad?

Salem, Massachusetts
Present day
Serenity is just your average college girl, but when she suddenly loses contact with her father Dr. Aleister, she sets out to find him at the Salem State Hospital & Asylum where he works.

Serenity arrives to finds she barely recognizes the hospital anymore. Stepping warily into the shattered ruins, she meets a talking teddy bear.

Introducing himself as David, the talking teddy bear claims to have once been human, but when Serenity asks him about her father's whereabouts, countless demons suddenly appear.

Just before her father disappeared, he had sent a mysterious app to her smartphone.

Known as the Demons' Score, the app is a powerful program that enables her to take control of demons that possess her body.

Where has her father gone? How will she ever find him? And what's up with that talking teddy bear? Serenity's battle to the tune of Hell's minions is about to begin.

Christhor

After watching that trailer, it's pretty clear that this is somewhere in Taro Yoko's big timeline. It's really neat how pretty much everything Taro Yoko has a big role in fits somewhere in a timeline.

I'm excited for this, hope it makes it to the west. It probably won't.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is what i thought he would be doing after Drakengard 3 bombed. Atleast we got one core game out of it :p

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
SE is really SmartPhoneMasterRace

Christhor

This is what i thought he would be doing after Drakengard 3 bombed. Atleast we got one core game out of it :p

This is probably what he wants to make. There was a recent interview where he was interested in making a mobile Nier game, but then Platinum came into the picture. He more than likely has some neat ideas that will only work on mobile and I'm looking forward to seeing whatever it is.

UltraJay

Don't feel bad about using APKs to check out Demons' Score. It was removed from both IOS and Android in 2014. There is no way to buy it anymore. Like, they literally only supported it for two years. It had microtransactions but I don't get why they would completely remove a game like that.

Yoko Taro might actually be completely immune to criticism. At the very least, his criticism resistance is so high that we're going to have to kick it up to Hell Mode for anything to stick.

orochi91

Grimoires and waifus

.....Google.

Apks bruh.

Don't feel bad about using APKs to check out Demons' Score. It was removed from both IOS and Android in 2014. There is no way to buy it anymore. Like, they literally only supported it for two years. It had microtransactions but I don't get why they would completely remove a game like that.

APK it is, then.

No point in feeling guilty over this specific case, lol

HOLY SHIT BALLS!!!!! I'll actually download a phone game with hype

Also someone please explain to me how square went from drakengard 3 treatment of him to this. When did square realize this guy was amazing?

Hektor

The plot teaser reminds me a bit of the first NieR concept of being trapped in a library in which the fairy tale stories come to life.

It's just a mobile game but I'm excited nonetheless.

wmlk

Seeing those girls over and over again got funnier each time. Especially with the somber track in the background. It's like they took Taro's vibe and aimed it specifically at otaku.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is probably what he wants to make. There was a recent interview where he was interested in making a mobile Nier game, but then Platinum came into the picture. He more than likely has some neat ideas that will only work on mobile and I'm looking forward to seeing whatever it is.

that's what i'm saying, i don't play on handheld or mobile devices, so atleast we got one last core experience out of him

Top Bottom