• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has removed Denuvo from Dragon Quest Builders 2

Bullet Club

A number of PC gamers were disappointed when we revealed that DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 would be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. However, and after around six months, Square Enix has decided to remove it from the game.

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 is a block-building RPG set in a fantasy land threatened by an evil cult. In this game, players will explore, battle, build and harvest in its charming single-player campaign. Moreover, players can build big projects in the online sandbox mode for up to 4-players.

The Steam version includes all the Season Pass content previously released on console versions. This includes: Hotto Stuff Pack, Modernist Pack, Aquarium Pack, Designer’s Sunglasses, Legendary Builder Outfit, Dragonlord’s Throne and more.

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 isn’t the first game for which Square Enix has decided to remove Denuvo. Back in April 2020, the team removed the Denuvo from Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. Furthermore, the company has removed Denuvo from Octopath Traveler.

However, both Final Fantasy XV and Trials of Mana are still using it. So yeah, I don’t know how Square Enix works, and why some games have it while others don’t. Still, I’m pretty sure that those boycotting Denuvo will now be able to purchase DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2.

Have fun!

Source: DSOG

D.Final

Banned

A number of PC gamers were disappointed when we revealed that DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 would be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. However, and after around six months, Square Enix has decided to remove it from the game.

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 is a block-building RPG set in a fantasy land threatened by an evil cult. In this game, players will explore, battle, build and harvest in its charming single-player campaign. Moreover, players can build big projects in the online sandbox mode for up to 4-players.

The Steam version includes all the Season Pass content previously released on console versions. This includes: Hotto Stuff Pack, Modernist Pack, Aquarium Pack, Designer’s Sunglasses, Legendary Builder Outfit, Dragonlord’s Throne and more.

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 isn’t the first game for which Square Enix has decided to remove Denuvo. Back in April 2020, the team removed the Denuvo from Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. Furthermore, the company has removed Denuvo from Octopath Traveler.

However, both Final Fantasy XV and Trials of Mana are still using it. So yeah, I don’t know how Square Enix works, and why some games have it while others don’t. Still, I’m pretty sure that those boycotting Denuvo will now be able to purchase DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2.

Have fun!

Source: DSOG

Interesting move.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a great game, that's for sure

Top Bottom