• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix how’s about you release FF pixel remaster on console!

Brock2621

I just got done playing 1-9 on PC and the amount of amazing mods available for 1-6 PR Collection is astounding and makes the experience almost worth just picking up a Steam Deck. Highly encourage anyone who has a PC to grab it on steam and then download all the Moogles & Mods collections and mod it out.

Kev Kev

It’s straight maddening that they haven’t brought these to consoles.

I’ve heard all the explanations as to why, but I’m sorry it’s just unacceptable. All of the advancements and shit we can do with gaming and they can’t do this? If Square wasn’t such an incompetent fuck up, and hadn’t made all the missteps that has caused me to lose faith in them over the last 15~ years, then I’d give them a pass. But no, it seems they are just incompetent and don’t have it together like they used to.

Let’s hope they can change my mind with FVIIR-2 and FF16, but again I have zero faith that will happen.

Skelterz

It’s straight maddening that they haven’t brought these to consoles.

I’ve heard all the explanations as to why, but I’m sorry it’s just unacceptable. All of the advancements and shit we can do with gaming and they can’t do this? If Square wasn’t such an incompetent fuck up, and hadn’t made all the missteps that has caused me to lose faith in them over the last 15~ years, then I’d give them a pass. But no, it seems they are just incompetent and don’t have it together like they used to.

Let’s hope they can change my mind with FVIIR-2 and FF16, but again I have zero faith that will happen.

They clearly don’t give a shit basically otherwise we’d be playing it already on PS/NS

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How's the difficulty in those new Pixel Remasters? Tried playing both I and IV on my PS Vita and I was almost put to a comma by how easy they are.

graywolf323

honestly not releasing these on consoles is up there with the mobile ports not having controller support in the weird decisions Square-Enix has made with these releases, it’s not like there’s any reason for them not to since the Steam versions do have controller support 🤷🏼‍♂️

Skelterz

How's the difficulty in those new Pixel Remasters? Tried playing both I and IV on my PS Vita and I was almost put to a comma by how easy they are.

😂 So true although I just can’t help but love those games they just have that magic same as chrono trigger it’s easy but it’s so perfect to me.

Honestly, those games aren't made to be difficult. The combat options are just too limited. The only "difficulty" they had was needing to grind. You are either high enough level or you aren't.

Then there's the frustration of having constant random battles, but no save points. While that caused tension, it was incredibly frustrating to lose an hour of progress in a dungeon because some random mobs started battle turning your party to stone or casted Level 5 Death, while your entire party was level 20.

Now they have it require less grinding to get to the expected level and allow you to save in dungeons. The result is an easy experience, but it really isn't removing any challenge. It was never really there.

Last edited:

Skelterz

Honestly, those games aren't made to be difficult. The combat options are just too limited. The only "difficulty" they had was needing to grind. You are either high enough level or you aren't.

Then there's the frustration of having constant random battles, but no save points. While that caused tension, it was incredibly frustrating to lose an hour of progress in a dungeon because some random mobs started battle turning your party to stone or casted Level 5 Death, while your entire party was level 20.

Now they have it require less grinding to get to the expected level and allow you to save in dungeons. The result is an easy experience, but it really isn't removing any challenge. It was never really there.

True.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I want to be as pleasant as possible when I tell you this….but coming from a Squeenix representative…..no!

Also, I am not the Sqeenix representative lol

Skelterz

I’d actually really like a collection for PS I have 7,8,9,10 it would be nice to complete the classic collection.

Skelterz

I read something that mentioned Pixel Remaster briefly had there info changed on Squares website or something, Basically there pending release on console who knows when but I feel like we’re closing in potentially on some type of all in on pack of 1-6.

I get what they were going for with these remasters but going from IV PSP’s character portraits + slick and clean sprites + gorgeous CG intro to a port that has none of that really soured my experience from the get-go

and I don’t like the visuals of these remasters even with the filter on

And the soundtrack updates were kind of half-assed IMO. Some of the tracks were improved whereas a good portion of tracks sounded a lot muddier.

Only thing I liked about these remasters is that the QoL updates made I-III (& IV’s final dungeon) not a total pain in the ass to complete

#negativity

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I get what they were going for with these remasters but going from IV PSP’s character portraits + slick and clean sprites + gorgeous CG intro to a port that has none of that really soured my experience from the get-go

and I don’t like the visuals of these remasters even with the filter on

And the soundtrack updates were kind of half-assed IMO. Some of the tracks were improved whereas a good portion of tracks sounded a lot muddier.

Only thing I liked about these remasters is that the QoL updates made I-III (& IV’s final dungeon) not a total pain in the ass to complete

#negativity

Guys you hear'em. Don't beg for the remasters. Play on the PSP instead.

Skelterz

Why did you bump this? Got all excited for nothing.

Wasn’t my intention I read some news that the games were slated for release however this has since been redacted from there website, Had a feeling around the time TGS comes around we would get some news feels like we’ve been waiting far too long for these classics to finally come to console though.

Last edited:

Skelterz

Finally FF Pixel remasters are rated for PS4 PC & Switch so a release could be imminent hoping for a Dec-Jan Window. Not much fanfare is needed a physical release would be great however if they come digital soon I’d have to bite.

Skelterz

Final fantasy pixel remasters have been rated By the ESRB for console, Since then the titles have been removed from the site.

Square-Enix are gearing up for a 35th Anniversary stream tomorrow wouldn't be surprised if we got a shadow drop if I’m honest or at the very least a release date.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Final fantasy pixel remasters have been rated By the ESRB for console, Since then the titles have been removed from the site.

Square-Enix are gearing up for a 35th Anniversary stream tomorrow wouldn't be surprised if we got a shadow drop if I’m honest or at the very least a release date.
That would be great. Pity it's too close to Crisis Core for me. I'd need a palette cleanser game before heading back to FF.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

This is true of the vast majority of old school FF/DQ style turn based JRPGs. They feel all sophisticated and strategic because you’re picking moves from a menu like a Thinking Man but really they’re as mindless and repetitive as can be.

At least the remasters have auto battle so you can fully switch your brain off while watching all the pretty numbers increasing.

Top Bottom