• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix is the first publisher that raises its PC prices to 80 euros

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
When publishers started pushing for higher prices on current-gen consoles, we knew that this price hike would one day come to the PC.
And, from the looks of it, Square Enix is the first publisher that has raised its PC prices to 80 euros.

FF7R-price-hike.jpg

As we can see, both Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Forspoken will be priced at 79.99 euros. And yes, in case you’re wondering, that’s the standard version.
For the Digital Deluxe Edition of Forspoken, you’ll have to pay 105 euros.

MadPanda

Banned
Greedy Enix. That's way overpriced. Especially for ports of ff VII but as long as people will pay publishers will do it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
80 Euro is $115 CDN! wtf?

Games here are either $80 or top out at $90 (standard editions). That's only 55-63 Euro. You guys getting ripped off by 40%. And I thought CDN prices for a lot of stuff are already on the high end.

For us, it's easy as games are an industry where they peg the price pretty well to US conversion. $60 US = $80 CDN. $70 US = $90 CD. Close enough. But when it comes to indie games it'll get more exact. A game for $22 US will be like $27-28. So pricing will go to the dollar pretty close.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
$70+ pricing is probably going to hold me back from getting Forspoken day one. But honestly, it'll drop eventually. I got FFVII day one and still haven't even played it, or Kingdom Heart III. I think I'll just hang out with my backlog for some time.

I will admit that I'm caving on FFXVI though. They got my balls on that one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even crazier in other countries (Forspoken's pricing below).

FGQSq_IXwAAyUVp

Basically 90USD here in South Africa. Fun.
Wow. I just checked myself. $93.49 CDN? Thats a fucking odd price. And it is on Steam!

$70 US is converted to $89 CDN using google exchange. If anything round up to a nice $90. What's up with the extra $3.50?

tmlDan

Wow. I just checked myself. $93.49 CDN? Thats a fucking odd price. And it is on Steam!

$70 US is converted to $89 CDN using google exchange. If anything round up to a nice $90. What's up with the extra $3.50?
yea, that's real wtf is Square doing lol

Its $93 CDN, just buy it on PS5 on sale that's ridiculous - nobody should support this bullshit

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Squeenix can eat a bag of dicks. I know a bunch a Square heads will by this game anyway but no way I'd support this, even if that was the price if it were on Steam

Hezekiah

Banned
Those prices won't remain that high for long, best thing is is to just wait unless you're desperate to play them.

And buying Digital Deluxe versions is retarded.

T-Cake

And this on Epic Games Store where the developers are getting even more of the money. Greedy barstewards.

It’s a great game that cost a lot to make. I personally support higher prices for AAA games. Given inflation, it makes sense. I prefer games to be supported by sales rather than add-ons and micro transactions.
Games cost a lot more for sure but average profit margins of publishers are also increasing. They are raising prices just because they can and not because they need to.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Welp, that's the price, just don't pay if you don't feel like you can or want to... If enough people get in the train (I cannot see how they won't) publishers will release games at lower prices or discount them quicker or more often

Aure

Banned
Will wait for a 75% off for FFVII, i'm in not any hurry at all. It's what i've been doing for the last couple of years.
I ain't paying that sum of money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom